• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 "targeting" 1080p on Xbox One and PS4

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
PS4 version looks really solid at this point. It already is 1080p and seems to run at a rock solid 30 fps (based on what they've shown). It looks to be a "far cry" from the console release of FC3.

ICPEE

Don't mind seeing the term "targetting" used for the next gen twins but for PC?
A big WTF goes through my mind.

Chobel

Is this legit or is it BS?

Supposedly PS4 version will indeed be running in 1080p

http://www.loadthegame.com/2014/10/...on-and-fps-shares-other-game-related-details/

Hutchinson said:
“I would say identical but then some asshat would say a tree had one more leaf on xbone. So let’s say I don’t see a difference

I'll wait for DF, but if there's a difference between PS4 and Xbone in graphics (Resolution, AA, shadows...) then this quote is BS especially when it's coming from the creative director of the game. Downplaying the difference is one thing, but sating they're "identical"... Oh please. I know he's trying to sell his product but there's better ways to do it that doesn't involve spreading BS like this.

Of course all this is assuming there's no parity

Cyborg

Thought it was already confirmed via Twitter that it's 1080p on the PS4?

edit: Yup.

SsPRFwU.png

Uhmm I came here to post this. Are we going back to 900p? Oh if this happens.....

valkyre

so wait, it is not confirmed after all. Producer said it is running in 1080p, only for Ubisoft to jump in and say "hold yer horses, we aint sure yet".

Great...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
so wait, it is not confirmed after all. Producer said it is running in 1080p, only for Ubisoft to jump in and say "hold yer horses, we aint sure yet".

Great...
That doesn't make sense as some of the press just played the game last week on PS4 where it was running at 1080p.

Gestault

That doesn't make sense as some of the press just played the game last week on PS4 where it was running at 1080p.

Could be a the chance that something specific came up in deeper play-testing that's made them less inclined to be making concrete claims? I'd say that could be an explanation for any pre-release title.

ironcreed

Banned
Will be pre-ordering soon on PS4. I hate that it is releasing the same day as Dragon Age: Inquisition, but it's still a buy for me. I get a ton of enjoyment and replayability out of the Far Cry games. I especially did with 3.

USC-fan

Banned
Will be pre-ordering soon on PS4. I hate that it is releasing the same day as Dragon Age: Inquisition, but it's still a buy for me. I get a ton of enjoyment and replayability out of the Far Cry games. I especially did with 3.
Also releasing same day as GTA.

A lot of big games.

Orayn

Farcry 4 "Parity Edition"
Ohh god I hope not, I literally have no must buy games for the holidays at this rate

Both versions having the same resolution and target framerate does not mean the kind of secret back room deal forced parity that people like to get dramatic about. (I think parity is a bad reason to skip a game that otherwise meets your standards, but I'm not going to have that argument here.)

I'm sure after the producer comes out and says the PS4 version is 1080p, they're gonna ship it at 900p.

Let's start freaking out now!

Violater

Both versions having the same resolution and target framerate does not mean the kind of secret back room deal forced parity that people like to get dramatic about. (I think parity is a bad reason to skip a game that otherwise meets your standards, but I'm not going to have that argument here.)

If it hits 1080p and they have sorted out the mission structure I'm in.

R_Deckard

Yeah this is odd as I have also played this on PS4 and was 1080 and rock solid 30 with the superb HRAA solution in place it was a very clean game indeed.

Top Bottom