• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6 Leaked on Hong Kong store

Daffy Duck

So the Hong Kong PSN store seem to have leaked Far Cry 6, release date listed as 18th February 2021.

AmzE3YM.png

Hopefully it's a little less stale than Far cry 5 ended up. :messenger_winking:

Edit: Updated the picture in the OP with a better english source so less sausage meat.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Its a bit weird that it has feb 2021 releaee date, yet the text talks about getting a free update to the PS5 version at a later date. Either the next gen version is releasing later for some reason, or this is fake?.

Moriah20

I really enjoyed 5, but then I replayed 4 and found it a massive regression in several areas. Hopefully this one tries a bit harder. Ngl though im pretty hyped for chicken man and the setting seems cool. That's a great cover art.

Daffy Duck

Its a bit weird that it has feb 2021 releaee date, yet the text talks about getting a free update to the PS5 version at a later date. Either the next gen version is releasing later for some reason, or this is fake?.

It's not fake, it's directly from the HK PSN store before they removed the page.

WellSheet

I love the FC formula, so I’m likely in on this....

though I get those of you who are like - IM OUT.

FC5 sold the most for a singe entry into the series, so, I assume it’ll being largely in the line with that...it’s only been 3 years since it (by the time6 hits) so, it’ll be interesting to see.

UBI’s event is tomorrow so I wonder how much gameplay they’ll show...

Daffy Duck

I love the FC formula, so I’m likely in on this....

though I get those of you who are like - IM OUT.

FC5 sold the most for a singe entry into the series, so, I assume it’ll being largely in the line with that...it’s only been 3 years since it (by the time6 hits) so, it’ll be interesting to see.

UBI’s event is tomorrow so I wonder how much gameplay they’ll show...

I enjoyed FC5 to a degree, but they need to chill the fuck out with the constant harassment of the player, it became way too much as the game went on and it didn’t let you take in the beautiful world they had crafted.

fermcr

It's likely more of the same. My hype for Ubisoft games is almost null.

Please Ubisoft! Surprise me....

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
What would your "fresh" Far Cry pitch would be?
I remember they put out a survey with a dozen cool ideas for new far cry games. Dinosaurs, sci-fi shit, ice age. I cant remember the details but it resulted in Primal, which was pretty original.

Inuteu

What would your "fresh" Far Cry pitch would be?
mine:

multiple big islands to explore

each with its own Boss an DIFERENT kinda group and dangers etc

you be using a boat no navigate

a bit of survivalist gameplay in it

the initial motive would be a search for a treasure

Stuart360

mine:

Thats basically Far Cry 5, without the boats and areas instead of islands.

Sony

Nintendo
The most fun I've had with a FarCry game in recent memory is Far Cry: Blood Dragon. I wish they would go crazy like that again.

mine:

CrackDown: Surval Edition

Last edited:

HE1NZ

Banned
mine:

I remember they put out a survey with a dozen cool ideas for new far cry games. Dinosaurs, sci-fi shit, ice age. I cant remember the details but it resulted in Primal, which was pretty original.
Real fresh shit guys. Let's repurpose Far Cry into another ARK game. That'll show the haters.

Stuart360

People hate on the copy paste style of Ubisoft but you gotta admit that most of their games are pretty entertaining and offer a ton of value. They usually pump out solid 8/10 games
Like Ubisoft or hate them, you cant deny that they give you 'bang for you buck' with their games.

Inuteu

Real fresh shit guys. Let's repurpose Far Cry into another ARK game. That'll show the haters.
instead of going wild I think they should go back to the origin

like assassins creed, they lost its main motive, witch was to search for something in the memories of a person through DNA

Stuart360

but FC5 its all the same, just different bosses

the areas are all the same
Well its the same area of the US, its going to be similar. I think they did try and mix up the environments a bit between each are. And you do get a difference with some enemies, like the drugged up zombie like enemies in the girls area, a lot more dangerous animals in one of the Seed brothers area, the top area.

Inuteu

Well its the same area of the US, its going to be similar. I think they did try and mix up the environments a bit between each are. And you do get a difference with some enemies, like the drugged up zombie like enemies in the girls area, a lot more dangerous animals in one of the Seed brothers area, the top area.
for instance...in one island you could find some Dr Moreau experiments going on

in other island, some Apocalipse Now shit

and so on

just dont put Marlon Brando for boss in both :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Boring description, bog-standard-cliché plot, setting and features alone makes me want to vomit. I just could not care less about revolution, oppression, liberation, guerilla warfare, drug cartels and stuff like that, I hate all this shit with every fiber of my being and knowing that Ubisoft is doing all that makes it even worse automatically. Far Cry series is dead to me, not a single game in the series they've released after Blood Dragon was even remotely or a tiny bit interesting to me, and looks like they'll continue doing that so,... well, okay then, good luck.

The only way the could bring me back is to release Blood Dragon 2 which will be just as good as the first one or better. That's all I effin' need, everything else can fuck right off.

MiguelItUp

I really enjoyed 3, 4 lost me, and then I stopped caring after that. Hopefully this one is better, but something tells me it's not going to be much different than 5.

Saber

Gold Member
Dunno what to think. Maybe it has to do with South America? Or maybe its more akin to FC3.
Unfortunatelly, I'm no longer interested in FC games.

I enjoyed FC5 to a degree, but they need to chill the fuck out with the constant harassment of the player, it became way too much as the game went on and it didn’t let you take in the beautiful world they had crafted.

Totally. I think this stupid forced missions and the fact that you're basically a puppet make you feel like you have no freedom in the game at all.

Top Bottom