• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 6 Leaked on Hong Kong store

HE1NZ

Banned
instead of going wild I think they should go back to the origin

like assassins creed, they lost its main motive, witch was to search for something in the memories of a person through DNA
Well that is just a plot device in Assassin's Creed. And they still do search for something in memories. I actually think the opposite. They crystallized why people play these games in later entries. It's all about exploring historic periods in AC now, instead of just action game with historic background. And Far Cry is the same. Remember how out of place were mutants in the original game? Ubi doesn't make that mistake. Game's focused solely on natural settings and guerilla warfare instead.

Last edited:

Inuteu

Well that is just a plot device in Assassin's Creed. And they still do search for something in memories. I actually think the opposite. They crystallized why people play these games in later entries. It's all about exploring historic periods in AC now, instead of just action game with historic background. And Far Cry is the same. Remember how out of place were mutants in the original game? Ubi doesn't make that mistake. Game's focused solely on natural settings and guerilla warfare instead.
now theyre just worried in which historic period they will drop the same shit that they copy and paste from later games

far cry to me its about being lost in an hostile unknown misterious and exoctic place.

Not AC in first person with guns

wipeout364

Looking forward to it. I have enjoyed all the Far Cry games I have played ( I confess I haven’t played primal or New Dawn). My favorite is 2, there was a degree of hopelessness in the narrative that I think the series is at its best with. I also liked the allies System, but there were also a lot of real problems with that game so it’s a nostalgic choice. Mechanically the games have just improved over time.

my only concern with this is that from this description it sounds a little too much like Far Cry 4.

Rikkori

I absolutely loved FC5, they had a fantastic atmosphere, great music, great visuals, the gameplay was fun enough if a bit dumb and even the writing wasn't bad tho it did have occasional moments of cringe, but stuff like the guy running for election, that was ace writing. The narrative structure with the kidnapping was the only bad thing I can say about it. Can't wait!

far-cry-5-faith-region.gif

Last edited:

Griffon

I just realized I have not bought a single Ubisoft game for this entire generation.

By the look of it, it seems this isn't about to change.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I don't think you can make a Far Cry game that isn't going to get labeled racist nowadays. I mean they used their free pass on white rednecks and white cultists already.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
I don't think you can make a Far Cry game that isn't going to get labeled racist nowadays. I mean they used their free pass on white rednecks and white cultists already.
The woke zealots were still outraged anyway lol

Droxcy

Cover definitely not doing him justice. Far Cry has been stale since 3. Hopefully it’s just not all jungle and forest stuffs getting old.

Blond

Banned
I'm so disappointed that of all the game Giancarlo could've been cast for it's a fucking copy-paste Ubisoft open world game.

Sybrix

I just realized I have not bought a single Ubisoft game for this entire generation.

By the look of it, it seems this isn't about to change.

I can fully understand why, i dabbled in a couple of Ubi games early on this generation but stopped after Far Cry 4.

They are all so boring now, its the same bland open worlds, boring quests and collectables, i really hope this game will be different however given that the pictures is so simlar to previous FC games and the AC leak showing that AC will be dull and bland into next gen im not holding out much hope.

Tschumi

If it's real, the father-child dynamic is.. quite clearly influenced by some of the games we've seen in the past few years.. but you know, being derivative - if indeed they turn out to be - is neither new nor strictly lamesauce.

Iiiiiii haven't liked Far Cry since FC2.

Started to play farcry 5 the other day in coop mode and I'm shocked how bad the game is. It is like embarrassing, have no idea how it got good scores......people are crazy? I really don't understand. Enemies run under any vehicle we drive, LOTS of textures don't load, the gameplay is clucky, "ghost" cars only appear to us when they are like 50 meters away, terrible culling, the story is badly crafted, shallow, cheesy, there is zero motive to explore the generic map and so on. I even enjoyed the copy and paste farcry 4 but this 5 is not possible.........gross job and unacceptable, even for ubisoft

Last edited:

Tetraeon

Ugh its real. Looks like another generic open world FPS "stealth clear this encampment collect all this useless shit" borefest. Farcry really needs to spice up the formula. At least Gus Fring is the bad guy.

H . R . 2

FC2 is the best in the series (and the most technically advanced, just look up videos and you'll be amazed how ahead of its time it was), FC3 was almost as good, FC4 was decent and every thing else since then has been mediocre at best. the forced RPG aspects of FC5 and the last two AC games are downright disgusting. Ubisoft has been pooping out low-quality microtransaction-filled games in both AC and FC series, on the pretext of RPG titles because it's more convenient to sell boosters and in-game currency when progression is hindered and considerable grinding is required

Last edited:

H . R . 2

If anything like the last 2 then it's RIP for FarCry right?
every game they are releasing this year and next year is a make-or-break title for Ubisoft, people's hopes for a new SC or PoP have been dashed multiple times and ACs and FCs have been going downhill and are rapidly losing popularity and declining in quality. Ubisoft needs to win their fans back by either reviving popular franchises or reinventing/ discarding the new appalling RPG formula they have been applying to all their games. brilliant games like The Division would have been far more enjoyable and satisfactory (e.g. 1-shot kills) if they hadn't forced the devs to turn them into RPG titles. Ghost Recon, AC, FC have all been turned into RPG games and it would have been fine for Ubisoft to release RPG titles if they were known for their RPG games like BIOWARE and actually had some experience in that regard, but now they are RPG devs and their greed drives and shapes all their policies and their game design. just look at the last 2 ACs, there's barely any parkour left, the animations are horrible, the stories are laughable, the characters are weak, the visuals have been downgraded heavily since Unity, the gameplay is no longer fun ( regular soldiers take 1000 damage yet they are still standing). I am done with Ubisoft until they release a new visually stunning, single-player only, story-driven, true-to-roots Splinter Cell or PoP

Last edited:

Siri

Banned
All this hate being piled onto a game about which absolutely nothing has been revealed.

It’s a Far Cry game. These games have to have a certain formula or else they aren’t Far Cry games. If you don’t like Far Cry games then why would you post here?

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Looks like another cut-and-paste job for Ubisoft.
Yup.
I can’t believe how quick my opinion changed on 5. I was loving it for the first like hour then Icouldnt even go anywhere without getting attacked. Hated it. It needs a refresh

Top Bottom