• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Farewell CyberPanda

Barnabot

Actually November I think.

Edit: Yep its Nov

We better make things clear about which month it is. Two is too much.

jonnyp

Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind this phenomenon of "requesting to be banned" instead of just closing your account yourself or like never log in again?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Can someone explain to me the reasoning behind this phenomenon of "requesting to be banned" instead of just closing your account yourself or like never log in again?
Because "that will show em!"

Do you have any stores or restaurants you have in mind that you hated and will never go back again?

Got one?

Ok, next time you drive by it, stop in and tell everyone there "I will never come back again". Then leave. You'll probably feel like it was a waste of time and embarrassing to do, but there will be that 1 in 1,000 who will think they just upstaged the whole company and will go home grinning.

Last edited:

Barnabot

the cunth cult is fascinating because it's the only true path to enlightenment
Just be careful while receiving so much enlightenment. Just like in Bloodborne you'd be starting to see some weird creatures with the face of a Cunth out of nowhere.

Mista

Banned
People requesting bans knows that if they aren’t banned they’ll keep on logging in and checking the site. Not that they can’t while logged off but that’s what I believe they think

Barnabot

Guys , real talk now.

I think we should let him go and seek help and deal with whatever personal problem he currently has. Not crying over a week about his self ban. It's not going to help him if he needs to stay away from us while we are asking for him to stay at the same time. So if he needs to stay away from GAF then we need to support his decision. If he feels like it's the right decision to come back here someday then he'll come back here in his own terms and he'll be welcomed back.

I'm going on an indefinite no-fap starting today to protest CyberPanda's absence.

Who's with me?

giphy.gif

I talked to CyberPanda yesterday. He's doing alright and says he's sorry he didn't get to say a proper goodbye to you all. I told him it's okay and he's always welcome back to GAF. But there was something strange about him. This may be frightening to hear so I'm gonna put a spoiler tag and warn that what I'm about to say is quite disturbing....

When I was talking to him on Skype via videocall, I kept hearing something buzzing in the back. At first I thought it was just his lightbulb or something, but as the conversation progressed, the noise started to get weirder. When I asked CyberPanda about the noise, he stopped talking for about a minute. He didn't move an inch and kept staring at the camera. I honestly thought the videofeed froze but then he started to slowly grin in a extremely odd way. He kept doing this for about an entire minute....I'm not gonna lie: I kind of freaked out and immediately closed the videofeed. I really, really wish I was joking about this. I hope he reads this and realizes that wasn't a funny thing to do to a friend that tried to reach out to him. I tried blocking out what happened but i just can't get it out of my mind. Granted, this whole thing was just a nightmare that I had last night, but I still feel like it happened in real life.
kttcoliohhh

Top Bottom