• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FAT PRINCESS: 32player Medieval Hack&Slash PSN Game

Wollan

Publisher: Sony
Developer: Darkstar Industries (Now renamed Titan Studios, located in Seattle USA)
Release: Early 2009

fp_logo.png

Initial reaction: Can't stop laughing at the title. Jesus, seriously?
Second reaction: The game sounds absolutely ACE.

• You can choose Classes: Warrior, Archer, Mage, Worker, Priest (you can customize looks)
• You can gather Resources. You use it to Upgrade things like your Weapons and Fort.
• 32 players Online. The game is also playable offline.
• The Goal is to rescue back your princess from the opposing teams fort. Since the opponents has stuffed her so fat though you will need a lot of men to carry her.
• 10 Maps and additional game modes as well.
• Party System.

• 3min Gameplay @ YouTube
• Video Snippet @ Youtube

• Text Preview @ MTV
• Company Website

1-2.jpg

2-1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Official Info said:
http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Games/Fat_Princess

Frantic and fun, Fat Princess pits two hordes of players against each other in comic medieval battle royale. Your goal is to rescue your beloved princess from the enemy dungeon. There’s a catch though: your adversary has been stuffing her with food to fatten her up and it’s going to take most of your army working together to carry her back across the battlefield.

You can switch between five different character classes literally at the drop of a hat: the fearless Warrior, the steadfast Archer, the mystical Mage, the tireless Worker, and the deadly Priest. In order to triumph, players must combine their skills and work together. The name of the game is cooperation, whether it’s helping another player drag a log back to your castle, manning a battering ram to smash through the enemy’s front gate, or building a human pyramid to scramble over the walls.

Key Features

* Casual Single & Multiplayer Online/Offline Action – Cooperate with your team of medieval soldiers (up to 16 players on each side) to overthrow the opponent’s army, plunder their castle and save the princess
* 5 Character Classes – Change your avatar's character anytime by swapping hats: Worker, Warrior, Archer, Mage and Priest
* 10 Unique Maps – There will be 10 maps total, shared across single & multiplayer modes
* Experience intense frantic gameplay across diverse, charming and challenging environments
* Resources & Upgrades – Work together to collect resources to upgrade your primitive weapons and basic castle defenses into superior armaments and impenetrable fortifications
* Unique Game Modes – Select from several various game types: Rescue the Princess, Thwart the Invasion, and Medieval Games
* 32-player Online Skirmish – Jump in and join as many as 32 players online to wreak havoc on the battlefield and carry your stout princess back home during the conflict

kaching said:
The builder class adds a layer of strategy I wasn't really expecting:
Info said:
When the round began, we picked up the builder hat -- changing classes is an instantaneous process that just requires you to pick up that class' hat -- and ran to the front entrance. We already had some wood in our inventory and we whipped up some doors for the base so that the blue guys couldn't just run in. That took a second, and then we jogged out, chopped down some trees, and deposited the wood in a chest inside. Next, we assembled a cauldron so the base had fire, switched to the archer hat, and began firing flaming arrows at the incoming bad guys.

fatprincesslogo-4.jpg

C.Dark.DN

Banned
UntoldDreams said:
omg...

This made me laugh but I wonder if there will be some "Sony mocks fat people" complaints?
with fps beinga genre... sony microsoft and nintendo must like killing people

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
ICallItFutile said:
Do they really think 32 people will play this game online?

Dude I will be there, you guys better be there too! I will be feeding the Princess :lol

Mr Jared

Completely serious for a second? This is the single most impressive PS3 game I've seen.

Graphics? Adorable.
Concept? Wacky, original and so brilliant that I officially hate you if you think it sounds dumb.
Gameplay? Sounds like WoW Battlefield gone stupid. AWESOME, STUPID.
Name? It is called Fat Princess. It delivers.

Second 1.

Top Bottom