• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fatal Frame - Project Zero producer interested in making a new entry for Switch

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The last entry in the Fatal Frame series was Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water. It originally debuted in Japan back in 2014, and would later find its way west a year later.

While the franchise has been dormant for several years, series producer Keisuke Kikuchi has expressed interest in bringing a new entry to Switch. Kikuchi currently has his hands full with the upcoming Fairy Tail RPG, but told Nintendo Everything that he’d be open to revisiting Koei Tecmo’s horror IP.

“Yeah, I do want to make a Fatal Frame on Switch,” Kikuchi said. “I think it’d be a ton of fun to play with the console in handheld mode and moving all around.”

Kikuchi also highlighted another IP he’s worked on before, Deception, and later noted that he always has “a lot of ideas” that he’s coming up with. He’s “very happy” that he’s often asked about Fatal Frame as well.

Thanks mods for the title change:messenger_bicep:

Last edited:

johntown

Banned
I was excited until I saw for Switch. Only because I don't have one and really don't want to buy one. Hopefully, it comes to PC at some point.

Do it NOW!

Fatal Frame, along with Silent Hill pre Konami going shit, is one of the best horror IPs out there.

It's why I have a Wii U and why I still have a ps2 plugged in.

Rodolink

I've always wanted to dive into these series, was hoping to do it when Black Water came in but somehow I didnt I hope they bring some kind of HD Collection if thats the case, that'd be great.

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Fatal Framerate - Project Zero.

Would be nice, though. More horror is always a good thing. Almost.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
at this point, why not just port every game of the series to the Switch?

KiteGr

The series has gone to hell ever since Nintendo Bought it...
Every single game after that broke 2 things for everything they've fixed.

Mask of the lunar eclipse never came out of Japan. It abandoned the cinematic fixed camera, It was the first to shove bad motion controls in our throats (that Silent Hill Shattered memories proved they can be done well), and introduced an the annoying item grabbing mechanism.
The remake of 2 was worse than the original in every aspect including the new art style. They've added all bad the changes Mask had, in a game that wasn't designed for it.
The one on the 3DS was a glorified tech demo.
Maiden of Dark Water only came digital, changed the bad motion controls with other bad motion controls and made the protagonists look even more like photomodels...

I don't trust another entry...

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
The best thing they could do at this point is either a collection of the first 3 games and a collection of FF2 Remake, FF4 and FF5. Or they do the lazy way and just port FF5 (maybe with FF4 as a bonus).
Otherwise I dont think a new game would make much sense. Nintendo missed their opportunity with FF4 to make the series big.

Top Bottom