• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellix

Emiya
Siegfried
Elisabeth
Martha
Carmilla
Heaven's Feel

Five 4*s and one 5* craft essence. Stop here or keep trying for a 5* hmm...

chrono01

The worst part about re-rolling is needing to listen to all of your pulled servants pull dialogue over and over and over...

BaconHat

The worst part about re-rolling is needing to listen to all of your pulled servants pull dialogue over and over and over...

Yes, they take all of time in the world to load their dialogue.
On-topic, does anyone know if the 0 star servant is already in the friend pool?

Kenai

Got Ruler Jeanne on my second reroll. I basically put blinders on everything not Waver but I see she is considered good? Any thoughts on her viability long-term? I got Marie and Emiya too so was a bit hesitant to just reroll it all away...

chrono01

Got Ruler Jeanne on my second reroll. I basically put blinders on everything not Waver but I see she is considered good? Any thoughts on her viability long-term? I got Marie and Emiya too so was a bit hesitant to just reroll it all away...
Jeanne is very strong. Not Waver strong, but she's great. I'd feel pretty confident in a Jeanne/Emiya/Marie account, with grabbing Heracles from the free 4* pull later on.

Kenai

Jeanne is very strong. Not Waver strong, but she's great. I'd feel pretty confident in a Jeanne/Emiya/Marie account, with grabbing Heracles from the free 4* pull later on.

I was just wondering cause this random appmedia jp tier list I found (with Waver at 10) has her in this second lowest rating with 5.5 so i was kinda like ehhh. I guess I could save the code but since I have no particular attachments to any non Iskandar I was not too against continuing rerolls.

I was just wondering cause this random appmedia jp tier list I found (with Waver at 10) has her in this second lowest rating with 5.5 so i was kinda like ehhh. I guess I could save the code but since I have no particular attachments to any non Iskandar I was not too against continuing rerolls.

Can you spare tthat acct with jeanne if you plan to play it?
Pm me

chrono01

If anyone wants this account:

Servants:

Saber Altera (5*)
Chevalier d'Eon Saber (4*)
Lily Altria (4*)
Atalante Archer (4*)

Craft Essences:

Beginning of the Journey (4*)
Gem Magecraft: Antumbra (4*)
Gandr (4*)
Iron-Willed Training (4*)

Let me know! I've used all of the quartz in doing the multi plus the single pulls (got lucky with Altera at the end), so it's up to you!

Still not even a single 5 seen. This is tedious.

Am I dreaming? Is this screen even real? Have I completely lost track of what's real and isn't?
l55av54.png

lt519

All this rerolling, and after starting FE Heroes not knowing it was a thing, and getting a 5* servant on my first reroll...the game is still kinda meh so far, I'm not sure the gameplay hook is there like PAD or FEH. Looks likes it's a lot deeper, but the act of battling is just not fun yet. Lots of loading, not super mobile friendly.

chrono01

how long does it take for him to get good? feels bad doing like 1k damage and watching other 5 / 4 stars hit for 4k.
He's a late-bloomer unfortunately, but content isn't difficult in the beginning, so you can afford to take your time. Your patience will be rewarded, as he's the best support character currently in the game (Japan included).

Alucrid

Banned
He's a late-bloomer unfortunately, but content isn't difficult in the beginning, so you can afford to take your time. Your patience will be rewarded, as he's the best support character currently in the game (Japan included).

hmmm i guess i'll play the long game. thanks.

edit:taken

jonjonaug

Got to Orleans and now the translation is suddenly good? It seems pretty obvious that different TLers and editors worked on different parts. Hopefully Aniplex will have time to have the guys doing good work to go back and redo the shitty parts.

EDIT: Like, holy shit. It somehow manages to be an even bigger quality whiplash than Persona 5. Hopefully Aniplex goes back and gets whoever did this stuff to fix up the rest of it.

Dandte

I just realized that outside of Herc in my first pull and Waver in my second i didn't got any other 4* servant. Should still be fine or?

Rua

Seems like this will actually stay on my phone for a while unlike FE Heroes. The story has my interest so far and I like using different servants just to see their NP.

chrono01

I just realized that outside of Herc in my first pull and Waver in my second i didn't got any other 4* servant. Should still be fine or?
You'll be fine. You wouldn't be able to run them all right now due to cost anyway, and you'll get a third 4* soon thanks to the Facebook promotion.

4*'s don't seem terribly rare, so you should be able to build up your character list over time.

jonjonaug

Anything that can be done with Saint Quartz Fragments other than turning them into Saint Quartz?

EDIT: Still flipping out over how much better the translation is for chapter 1 over the prologue. "I'm so sorry, I'm afraid I've ran out of salvation today. Indulgences are not for sale in this era." is just such a ridiculously good line.

Calling it quits for the day. Like six hours of rerolling and not a single 5. I know it's not required, I just want one.
Tomorrow I'll look into that computer thing so I can have multiple going at once.

This is because the meta gradually shifted to favor offensive-focused characters, in part due to enemies/bosses becoming extremely tanky while still hitting as hard, and in part due to the Merlin/Waver combo that can buff offensive characters to put out ridiculous numbers. Jeanne is a solid defensive unit by account of having the largest HP pool in the game and the Ruler typing, but she hits like a wet noodle, and lacks a good skillset (a victim of powercreep more than anything) to make her a better tank, ie. taunt, which Mashu gets.

chrono01

Calling it quits for the day. Like six hours of rerolling and not a single 5. I know it's not required, I just want one.
Tomorrow I'll look into that computer thing so I can have multiple going at once.
I still have that Saber Altera account, if you get desperate. It has two 4* characters, as well as the free Saber Lily too.

chrono01

Who are the 4s? I really want Emiya, Herc, or Siegfried.
Welp. :/

Chevalier d'Eon Saber, Atalante Archer, and the free Saber Lily. it's funny, since I ALWAYS pull Siegfried, just not in this specific pull, haha.

At least you could always grab one of em' with the Facebook thing? It also has a few 4* Craft Essences too.

I understand if you wanna continue re-rolling for your own account though, just putting the offer out there (to you or anyone else, should you not take it).

aember

Has anyone here had experience with Error code 32? I'm on an iPhone 5s, iOS 10.

Whenever I try starting the game it shows a white screen with a notice, then the screen goes black and a few seconds later it opens up the mail app with a pre-filled email in Japanese. :(

Yeah - i wasted so much time on it when rerolling.

But finally I got keeper account

5* Altria
5* Kaleidoscope
4* Martha
4* Maria

Ok it was almost 2 am yesterday when I ended rerolling so what do I do now ?

I'll have enough for another 30 quartz pull soon- should I do it or wait patiently for rate increase events?

jonjonaug

Ok it was almost 2 am yesterday when I ended rerolling so what do I do now ?

I'll have enough for another 30 quartz pull soon- should I do it or wait patiently for rate increase events?

If you're satisfied with the Servants you have just wait until rate up events for either Servants you want or the same Servants you already really like to level up their NP. Personally I'm waiting for Nero's rate up event (which I think should be fairly early on) and then I won't touch the rare gacha again until rate up for one of the Alters or some other really good event Servants.

Rixa

Great info in these few posts I picked up from various pages in this thread:

Oh I'm gonna be an old man shouting at the sky for this but:

- 2x Battle Speed (a MAJOR improvement)
- enemy targeting (yeah wasn't present before :/)
- 40 saint quartz per 10-roll (4 per roll :/ DW plz)
- couldn't use HP/ATK Up cards when servants were maxed level
- no apples for AP recovery
- we didn't know what class enemies were in a quest
- daily login was bad back then (several revisions have happened since)
- numerous other UI changes everywhere
- multiple support servants, THEN multple support lists
- multiple locking (which isn't in the current US version)

Those are the ones that stood out for me personally. Here's the rest of them for posterity :p

http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Update_Notes

Yeah. This game was in absolute garbage state for almost a year in JP. lol.

Reminder, this game is very story focused and while the gameplay isnt bad at all, you're missing the point if you don't enjoy and read the story.

I see people asking whether the text would reduce as we progress through the story and the answer is NO. It gets even longer and by the time you reached 6th Singularity (arguably the best chapter in the game- written by Nasu himself), the chapter is even longer than the first 2-3 singularities combined.

Pretty much when you start to struggle, though if you want to start farming 30AP and 40AP Daily Quests for EXP cards, you might wanna level your best AoE NP servants as soon as you can so you can farm more efficiently. Besides, at the moment without Apples to replenish AP people won't be doing a lot of farming to begin with.

Don't forget that you're levelling your own avatar's levels as well - increasing your own level gives you higher max AP, higher maximum cost limit for your party and bigger friend list limit, while levelling up your Mystic Code (your current clothes) will reduce the cooldown of the master skills and improve their effectiveness.

And yeah hoarding mats is fine, every servant needs their corresponding class pieces (for ascending) and gems (for skills), except the Extra classes (like Ruler and Shielder) which need specific mats. Some mats are hard to find, and grinding from the story maps can be long. Cirnopedia's FGO site has all the info you'll need for what mats are required (also where to farm them in certain nodes) but it's very spoilery, use at your own peril. :V You can't really whale for mats in this game, so everyone suffers through the material grind (unless you're a whale who uses quartz for AP recovery).

Getting Kaleidoscope and nothing else of worth with it is unlimited suffering.

^^
Good luck. Hopefully you land Zhuge soon :).

Iam going to save my Quartz for later day to some nice banner. Just hoping we get that pickup 4* soon so I can grab Cat because reasons :p.

Daily Quests give nice amount of exp and currency. Been doing them while leveling from them and getting more cost max and so on. I guess I will spend "some" time in these Daily Quests. Story can wait heh :p

Dandte

Has anyone here had experience with Error code 32? I'm on an iPhone 5s, iOS 10.

Whenever I try starting the game it shows a white screen with a notice, then the screen goes black and a few seconds later it opens up the mail app with a pre-filled email in Japanese. :(

Jailbroken i guess? Aniplex don't like us.

You have the best two Servants of their respective rarities. You're fine.

You'll be fine. You wouldn't be able to run them all right now due to cost anyway, and you'll get a third 4* soon thanks to the Facebook promotion.

4*'s don't seem terribly rare, so you should be able to build up your character list over time.

Okay :)

To give a complete overview of my cards:

Servants:

5*. Waver
4* Herc

Craft Essence

5* Kaleidoscope
4* The imaginary Element (weaker version of Kaleidoscope)
4* Be Elegant
4* Gem Magecraft: Antumra
4* Primeval Curse
4* Primeval Curse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom