• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said I had two 5* Craft Essences I didn't notice one was Kaleidoscope and the other is Heaven's Feel.

These seem pretty fucking awesome.

Mupod

There's a few things I tried looking up but couldn't find any explanation...and the in-game help is like reading a 1991 Capcom game translation.

- My AP looks to have increased over its limit at some point, what is causing this? It read as 50/25 for example.

- What is the deal with command seals and master equipment? I haven't been given any option I could find to use that stuff in battle. Is it tied to the main story?

- Leveling up Servants and essences is entirely by feeding other cards to them, right? Tamamo Cat seems by far my strongest right now, any downside to just dumping all my exp cards into her immediately?

So... I just looked back at my first account and noticed I pulled Kaleidoscope along with Elizabeth and Saber d'Eon... so I just started playing with that.

Rixa

There's a few things I tried looking up but couldn't find any explanation...and the in-game help is like reading a 1991 Capcom game translation.

- My AP looks to have increased over its limit at some point, what is causing this? It read as 50/25 for example.

- What is the deal with command seals and master equipment? I haven't been given any option I could find to use that stuff in battle. Is it tied to the main story?

- Leveling up Servants and essences is entirely by feeding other cards to them, right? Tamamo Cat seems by far my strongest right now, any downside to just dumping all my exp cards into her immediately?
Don't have answer to 2nd question but 1&3 I have.

1. You get AP refresh when your player level raises and leftover AP carries over.

3. Yup dump your exp cards to Tamamo, as pointed earlier you can grind more xp cards from daily quests.

lt519

Anyone want an Altria 5* and a 5* formal arta craft card account? I leveled up Altria to 26 and have threeo other 4* servants (free Altria, a bow and a spear). Did 10 quests or so. Just not liking it so before I delete it figured I'd see if anyone wants this account. Used all the initial quartz but haven't used any from the missions.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Feel free to add. Have Waver up atm.

Slowly getting the hang of the game. Seems doing daily is best XP.

Tu101uk

- Every time your Master Level goes up, your AP replenishes up to the new maximum and any leftover AP you had carries over. It's a relatively recent QoL improvement (before you would have lost any extra AP when you levelled up).

- Command Seals are used at certain times in battle, the icon is the strange red symbol next to your portrait. You get three, and you can spend one to either replenish a servant's NP gauge or health, or you can spend 3 when your party wipes out to revive the entire team with full NP charge. Beware that it takes 1 day to replenish 1 command seal (3 days to fully replenish 3) so use sparingly in those difficult fights. You can spend Quartz to do the whole team revive, but I wouldn't unless you're real desperate...

- Master Equipment determines your Master skills that you can use in battle (the skills are available on the right side under the battle options). The default one has Single Target Heal, Single Target ATK Up and Single Target Dodge. At the moment there aren't anymore, we'll have to wait until they release more Mystic Codes - special quests that unlock more costumes. The skills become more extravagant, like NP Charge, Group Heal, Servant Swapping, Enemy Stun, etc. Something to look forward to at least. Careful that some Mystic Codes are time-limited so be sure to do them as soon as they appear.

- As someone else pointed out, putting EXP into Tamacat early on is good, as she's a Berserker with AoE NP that's good for mobbing and farming, with some decent survivability later on. She's still my main berserker in my JP account and the only one I've maxed my Bonding Lv with, I used her that much... :V

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Everyone should be using the free CE we got for their frontline support. FP to do rolls is good at the current stage

MicH

Just used some of my friend points and got a lot of 1 and 2 star stuff. Are these worth using? Got a lot of dudes I can fuse together

RSchmitz

I´ve been rerolling nonstop since release. Still no Waver, I´m breaking inside. Today I woke up and said no more, but here I am again. I´m too deep in this to give up now.

Dragoshi1

So how do you get those silver class symbol things needed to raise their level caps and evolve the servant to a new look? I want to evolve Hercules but I don't have any for the Berserker class.

Basoes

So how do you get those silver class symbol things needed to raise their level caps and evolve the servant to a new look? I want to evolve Hercules but I don't have any for the Berserker class.

berserker servants have a chance to drop them, so find a place that has them and farm it, and evolving Herc is a good choice early game, he tears through everything not so much later though

tomorrow should have the daily quest for berserker pieces

dragn

anyone want a altria account, dont need it anymore. only played 1 battle after the 2nd 10pull

edit: is gone

Mupod

Everyone should be using the free CE we got for their frontline support. FP to do rolls is good at the current stage

I was gonna ask about that too. It's a little unclear exactly who it needs to be equipped on in order to get the friend point benefit.

- As someone else pointed out, putting EXP into Tamacat early on is good, as she's a Berserker with AoE NP that's good for mobbing and farming, with some decent survivability later on. She's still my main berserker in my JP account and the only one I've maxed my Bonding Lv with, Inused her that much... :V

Yeah I've used her to blow up a few dailies with her NP already. I have Vlad but his is single target and he doesn't hit as hard as Tamamo does (well not yet, anyways).

As for the command seals and master equipment I'm guessing I was just blinded by the UI mess because I never saw them before. Thanks for the descriptions though.

xequalsy

Mana Prisms from the dailies are one time only right? Just wondering if I should be doing all of them every day or just farming the most relevant ones.

Quonny

Mana Prisms from the dailies are one time only right? Just wondering if I should be doing all of them every day or just farming the most relevant ones.
The daily reward itself is kinda inconsequential when you can do the 30AP daily and sell/burn the silver EXP cards from 1 Mana Prism each.

Azusa

Farm relevant one. You need exp more than mana prism now.

The other way to get mana prism is to sell 3* servants/CE or exp cards. Also events usually give a lot of mana prism.

Deadly

PSA

For those who are playing the game and for those who are sick of rerolling I want to let you know that there is an extra login bonus in the game right now and you will most likely end up getting 1-3 extra Saint Quartz in the game. That's pretty much a roll for free. I highly recommend you login everyday. If you haven't rolled a 5* by now, just play. Yeah you didn't get a 5*. Yeah it sucks. But I think at this point getting the login bonuses if you have a good 5* lineup is wortwhile. If you have Limit/Zero Over or Kaleido with Herc then you need to keep that acct.
Is it possible to use a saved account, get the login bonus, get new recovery info, keep rerolling?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Is it possible to use a saved account, get the login bonus, get new recovery info, keep rerolling?

Yes. However, after multiple acct shuffling I believe it gets flagged by the system due to IP changes. At least that's what happens in the JP version since it detects it as selling.

Quonny

Do anyone know why Mash isn't getting any xp from battles?

The only way to level her up is by fusing or using spell cards?

After battle, that little number you get isn't EXP, but rather Bond. Mash gets Bond naturally when you hit story points.

The only way to get EXP is from fusion.

19424041_1976899442554673_1654922897698398387_n.jpg

Whelp...

Pejo

Gold Member
Finally happy with my team. I've been grinding the xp stage and trying to get everyone to around level 30. So far I'm around there for:

5* Vlad
5* Altera
4* Siegfried
3* Cu
3* Medusa

Not sure if I should pick Emiya/Herc/Martha/Carmilla for my 4* picker though. Right now I'm leaning more towards Emiya since I don't have an archer leveled and the game won't give me Robin Hood from the FP summon.

Only way to level her up is to feed 5* servants to her

After battle, that little number you get isn't EXP, but rather Bond. Mash gets Bond naturally when you hit story points.

The only way to get EXP is from fusion.

And eating exp boosts

So, is Ok to feed her the level 2 servants and those Blaze of Wisdom (They only drop on the gatcha? Or can i craft them?), Light of Wisdom and ember of wisdom?

Is there any other way to level her/other servants up? :O

Sorry for all the questions :(

Caim

So, is Ok to feed her the level 2 servants and those Blaze of Wisdom (They only drop on the gatcha? Or can i craft them?), Light of Wisdom and ember of wisdom?

Is there any other way to level her/other servants up? :O

Sorry for all the questions :(

Just gotta feed her exp cards like any other servant.

Do anyone know why Mash isn't getting any xp from battles?

The only way to level her up is by fusing or using spell cards?

You have to feed EXP cards to your Servants to level them up, mainly from the ember gathering dailies. It'll be a tad painful to do so at first, but once you can start farming the 40-AP exp quest you can level up all your Servants a lot easier, and you can farm more often. Though getting EXP cards from the mana prism shop helps, you'll need to do plenty of grinding daily if you want to max out every Servant, or at least the ones you plan to actually use, but having as much variety in terms of viable Servants you can use at any one time is a good idea.

Edit: DON'T FEED HER THE TWO-STARS. Or the one-stars, for that matter. Seriously, don't, unless you've NP-maxed your existing brown-stars and have leftover copies from the friend gatcha. There are brown-stars that are really useful (Hans makes for a great poor man's Waver) and some that do great in certain roles (Asterios being a debuffer who can shut down later-game bosses and George as a tank, and Kojiro will eagerly slaughter dragons in Orleans). Even seemingly worthless Servants have their uses in this game.

Pejo

Gold Member
Are there any dedicated healer Servants? I see Martha has a heal, but it looks super weak (500-1500hp based on level).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I played the game for about an hour, but I'm really not impressed. I feel I am just turned off by the User Interface. Also don't see myself getting into the battle system.

Labrys

I got Kaledoscope, what would be the best unit to put it on? I have Heracles, Marie Antoinette, and Siegfried as 4*. I also have Rider (Medusa) but she's only a 3*, I just really like her.

Uthred

Finally got a Waver, but everything else on the account is dogshit, wondering if thats worth giving up Jeanne+kaleido for. Though the thought of a consistently top tier unit does ease my F2P soul.

Finally got a Waver, but everything else on the account is dogshit, wondering if thats worth giving up Jeanne+kaleido for. Though the thought of a consistently top tier unit does ease my F2P soul.

I'll gladly take whichever one you don't use off your hands; if you're giving it away.

please end my suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom