• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noirulus

I really want 5* Jeanne, been re-rolling, but I've yet to even hit a 5* unit after about 10 re-rolls now. Damnit this is so annoying. May just give up on this game

jonjonaug

I really want 5* Jeanne, been re-rolling, but I've yet to even hit a 5* unit after about 10 re-rolls now. Damnit this is so annoying. May just give up on this game

The first free roll cannot get you a 5*, you need to do the rolls that from the shop that opens up after the next level using the saint quartz you got from the promotional campaign.

Adeptrain

Still trying to re-roll for a 2 5star account ㅜㅜ

Here are some 5star accounts I've gotten and I don't need:

5* Vlad + Marie + 5*CE Imaginary

5* Altera Account

Just PM me for them and I'll send over the pw and transfer code

Dandte

You guys are posting to fast haha, my edit got buried on the last page.

You have the best two Servants of their respective rarities. You're fine.

You'll be fine. You wouldn't be able to run them all right now due to cost anyway, and you'll get a third 4* soon thanks to the Facebook promotion.

4*'s don't seem terribly rare, so you should be able to build up your character list over time.

Okay :)

To give a complete overview of my cards:

Servants:

5*. Waver
4* Herc

Craft Essence

5* Kaleidoscope
4* The imaginary Element (weaker version of Kaleidoscope)
4* Be Elegant
4* Gem Magecraft: Antumra
4* Primeval Curse
4* Primeval Curse

As for the error 32 on ios 10, sorry no idea. It appears that even a once before jailbroken phone and now running on stock can trigger protections. Though my ipad 4 with ios 10. can run it, and it was once a jailbroken ipad.

Rixa

You guys are posting to fast haha, my edit got buried on the last page.
Okay :)

To give a complete overview of my cards:

Great account :) I don't have so good CE. My only 5* CE is Limited/Zero Over (25% to Buster Card effectiveness). Managed to clear 30 AP xp dungeon. Got enough levels so I could add Altria to party and noticed that Waver & Altria are bonding.

I think CE Limited/Zero Over is good for Altria. I just need some player levels to get enough cost to add it. Current level 14 cost goes 49/42 if I try to add L/ZO CE to Altria.

My units & CE after 2 multis.

Screenshot_20170627-102301.png
Screenshot_20170627-102440.png

I need to lock those 4* CE's too (and some 3*), they are now locked.

Noirulus

The first free roll cannot get you a 5*, you need to do the rolls that from the shop that opens up after the next level using the saint quartz you got from the promotional campaign.

I'm aware. That's the gems I'm using, the ones you get in your game mailbox. You get enough for 15 summons. I've basically done 150 summons without a 5* unit, so I've given up.

Qvoth

I remember messing around with the game for a little bit during the jp release
I heard a rooted device can't play this game?

Articalys

On my first run I got Tamamo Cat and a couple other random servants from the tutorial, then when I did a regular quartz summon I got some 4* CE and no cool servants, so I reset (my first time ever for a gatcha game, breaking a personal rule). Second time around I got EMIYA on the tutorial, who was going to be my pick from the free 4* list, so I decided to hold off and save my quartz for a bit until there's more servants in the pool.

I thought that was the end of it, but I was wrong.

While working on other stuff on my tablet, I decided to install the game on my phone as well to see if it runs better (it does, or at least it feels like it) and to see what I'd get from the tutorial + first quartz summon, just for fun.

Well um
Jeanne
Herc
Gilles
Robin Hood
Cu
Cu Proto
Alex
Ushiwakamaru
Jing Ke
Kiyohime
Lu Bu

Gandr
Be Elegant
Iron-Willed Training
Spell Tome
Dragonkin
Dragon's Meridian
...huh. Factor in the free Caster Cu from beating the first story chapter and that's 3* or better coverage on every (current) class. No 5* CE but I like the ones I got.

Sucks that apparently Jeanne falls off a cliff real fast as the game goes on, but I'd be hard-pressed to say that the quartz was a waste. Looks like I'll use the free 4* on EMIYA after all.

Guess I should probably stick with this one instead of my tablet account...

Yu Narukami

On my first run I got Tamamo Cat and a couple other random servants from the tutorial, then when I did a regular quartz summon I got some 4* CE and no cool servants, so I reset (my first time ever for a gatcha game, breaking a personal rule). Second time around I got EMIYA on the tutorial, who was going to be my pick from the free 4* list, so I decided to hold off and save my quartz for a bit until there's more servants in the pool.

I thought that was the end of it, but I was wrong.

While working on other stuff on my tablet, I decided to install the game on my phone as well to see if it runs better (it does, or at least it feels like it) and to see what I'd get from the tutorial + first quartz summon, just for fun.

Well um

...huh. Factor in the free Caster Cu from beating the first story chapter and that's 3* or better coverage on every (current) class. No 5* CE but I like the ones I got.

Sucks that apparently Jeanne falls off a cliff real fast as the game goes on, but I'd be hard-pressed to say that the quartz was a waste. Looks like I'll use the free 4* on EMIYA after all.

Guess I should probably stick with this one instead of my tablet account...
Do you still need your tablet account?

SeanTSC

Managed to clear all the dailies earlier today, even the 30 and 40 AP ones.

High level Archers REALLY tear my poor Altera up, but thankfully she ruins everyone else's day, especially paired with friend-Jeannes for defense.

Also, man, I don't know HOW you're supposed to clear some of those without Jeanne. I was using Raika's level 50 one, which was 5 levels higher than the highest thing I fought, and without her Invincibility NP to block those high level Servant's NPs I'd have wiped every time. Completely ate it on a Gilgamesh fight and had to use 3 CP to res my girls.

I finally rolled a 5* on my own after 2 days, it's Altera and the account also has Tamamo CAT, Atalante, and Martha. No CE's to speak of but this is my first 5* account.

Curiously, I got this roll from adding a second MEmu instance on my Surface. I don't know if there's some kind of badly non-random hardware seeding going on or what, because I must have done at least 10-20 rerolls on both my phone (a Galaxy Note II) and my first MEmu machine (my desktop gaming PC).

With a sample size of only 1, it's impossible to determine if the game has a very poorly pseudo-random hardware-generated seed which is why some people get tons of 5* rolls and others get none. I'm curious enough about how the RNG works in this game to continue with adding MEmu instances to my other PCs and seeing if there is any real difference with the amount of 5* Servants between different hardware.

If you guys want to experiment too, try using MEmu on different PCs you have access to and see if some are "luckier" than others.

Qurupeke

How do I levelup my characters? After the battles it seems only the bond increases and I'm nearing the end of Fuyuki and everyone's level 1.

MSMrRound

How do I levelup my characters? After the battles it seems only the bond increases and I'm nearing the end of Fuyuki and everyone's level 1.

Press Terminal and go to the other gate and hit some daily quests instead. You get exp cards which you can use to feed your units.

OVDRobo

Press Terminal and go to the other gate and hit some daily quests instead. You get exp cards which you can use to feed your units.

Note as well that each exp card is class-oriented. While you can use EXP cards for one class on another class i.e. a Saber EXP card on a Lancer servant, you gain bonus experience for using it on a servant of the matching class. Additionally, each servant can gain bonus attack and HP values (limited to up to 900-and-something) from Fou EXP cards, which are EXP cards with the weird mascot character on them.

There are also all-servant EXP cards which give the same amount of EXP to all servants without a bonus. It's recommended you use these on characters like Mash or Jeanne who fall outside of the general servant categories and don't have their own specific EXP cards if your main-class servants are at an adequate level.

Qurupeke

Note as well that each exp card is class-oriented. While you can use EXP cards for one class on another class i.e. a Saber EXP card on a Lancer servant, you gain bonus experience for using it on a servant of the matching class. Additionally, each servant can gain bonus attack and HP values (limited to up to 900-and-something) from Fou EXP cards, which are EXP cards with the weird mascot character on them.

There are also all-servant EXP cards which give the same amount of EXP to all servants without a bonus. It's recommended you use these on characters like Mash or Jeanne who fall outside of the general servant categories and don't have their own specific EXP cards if your main-class servants are at an adequate level.

Thanks for the info.

bilas

Banned
Can someone explain why I can't use NP from friends characters? Also, does it matter who the leaderof the party is? (Like Dokkan Battle?)

vareon

Should I just use 4* exp cards given away in the beginning of the game on Mash or should I hold them? How hard is it to get these?

Goroh

The inner fate fanboy in me won and i kept an account with arturia, hercules and formal craft. I should be good until endgame easily anyway.

garath

I finally rolled a 5*. Arturia Pendragon :(

I think I'm keeping it. Hercules was the tutorial roll as well. Tons of 3* units with it. No real craft essences though.

I'll try to reroll a couple more times max but I think that's it. I don't have any more patience for it.

Mind you I know that it's not necessary to have a 5* but I'll tell you about a little game called chain chronicle. I opted to not reroll in that game and ended up playing it for years. I regretted it that entire time. Lol

Uthred

I was just wondering cause this random appmedia jp tier list I found (with Waver at 10) has her in this second lowest rating with 5.5 so i was kinda like ehhh. I guess I could save the code but since I have no particular attachments to any non Iskandar I was not too against continuing rerolls.

It has her at 5.5 in the current Japanese Meta, which is 2 years away i.e. its largely meaningless for quite a while. She's also higher on other lists e.g. http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/guide_faq.php#tier

Azusa

I finally rolled a 5*. Arturia Pendragon :(

I think I'm keeping it. Hercules was the tutorial roll as well. Tons of 3* units with it. No real craft essences though.

Gratz with seiba.

Dont think about craft essences too much. You will get them a lot in events. A lot.

I was just wondering cause this random appmedia jp tier list I found (with Waver at 10) has her in this second lowest rating with 5.5 so i was kinda like ehhh. I guess I could save the code but since I have no particular attachments to any non Iskandar I was not too against continuing rerolls.

I have used Altera to clear the latest story chapter on jp server. She was my main saber and she did a good job.

Welp looks like I got IP banned for some reason despite not multi-rolling and generally just efficiently rolling normally on Memu.
I wouldn't have to reroll so much if your rates weren't shit aniplex.

T-Rex.

Banned
Ouch. My 5* pull is a 3.5 lol
The tier list doesn't really matter that much. Just go with your favourite character(s). Down the line you will most likely need to utilise Waver/Merlin, but you can easily get by with having them as support.

Even a bad 5* is better than the majority of non 5* units and again, there are more or less literally a handful of 5*'s in the game at the moment, any of them is good.

Heh, oh boy, they haven't seen the truly worthless 5*s yet.

But yea all the 5*s now are....decent-ish. For now. Still, if you're going to be playing long term, this is probably the best time to get Waver, which has not budged from his Supreme Overlord tier ranking since the first upgrade at the start.

Galang

Banned
Got Saber Altria, Emiya, Hercs and Kaleidoscope in my last pull. My first five star after 15 rerolls.. Debating keeping it, but not particularly found of these characters as a fan. Disappointed fate stay/night rider isn't a 5 star... easily would main her if so.

Yu Narukami

Got Saber Altria, Emiya, Hercs and Kaleidoscope in my last pull. My first five star after 15 rerolls.. Debating keeping it, but not particularly found of these characters as a fan. Disappointed fate stay/night rider isn't a 5 star... easily would main her if so.
Please let me know if you don't want that account lol. Haven't seen a 5* in 2 days.

Nabae

Unconfirmed Member
Welp looks like I got IP banned for some reason despite not multi-rolling and generally just efficiently rolling normally on Memu.
I wouldn't have to reroll so much if your rates weren't shit aniplex.
It's just a temporary one, right?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
PSA

For those who are playing the game and for those who are sick of rerolling I want to let you know that there is an extra login bonus in the game right now and you will most likely end up getting 1-3 extra Saint Quartz in the game. That's pretty much a roll for free. I highly recommend you login everyday. If you haven't rolled a 5* by now, just play. Yeah you didn't get a 5*. Yeah it sucks. But I think at this point getting the login bonuses if you have a good 5* lineup is wortwhile. If you have Limit/Zero Over or Kaleido with Herc then you need to keep that acct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom