• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yayate

What do the Grails do again?

When your servants reach max level, you can use grails to increase their level cap beyond their normal limit, essentially allowing lower rarity servants to get similar stats to higher rarity ones.

Lower rarity servants, even when grailed, will still end up as slightly weaker (when it comes to raw stats) than higher rarity ones, though.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
When your servants reach max level, you can use grails to increase their level cap beyond their normal limit, essentially allowing lower rarity servants to get similar stats to higher rarity ones.

Lower rarity servants, even when grailed, will still end up as slightly weaker (when it comes to raw stats) than higher rarity ones, though.

How many levels a grail gives also changes depending on the current level.

Laiza

Yep. It's 5 levels per grail until level 90, unless it's a 1*, in which case the 1* will get ten levels for the first grail.

They try pretty hard to encourage using grails on lower-tier servants over 4*s and 5*s. Makes sense, IMO. (I'm definitely grailing Bunyan when she gets over here...)

kewlmyc

Yep. It's 5 levels per grail until level 90, unless it's a 1*, in which case the 1* will get ten levels for the first grail.

They try pretty hard to encourage using grails on lower-tier servants over 4*s and 5*s. Makes sense, IMO. (I'm definitely grailing Bunyan when she gets over here...)

Guess I'm using it on Cu then rather than Gil or Waver.

Yayate

I actually want to grail Mesusa (Rider)...or I would have if she wasn't so subpar.

Medusa's pretty decent, just her Monstrous Strength and stun alone keep her from being subpar. Her post-strengthening skill is fantastic, too.

She's not super standout like Cu, David, Euryale and Robin, but she's pretty good, especially when you need to clear out groups of Casters.

Due to how easy it is to NP5 a 3 star, her NP actually outdamages several 4 and 5 star servants (unless you manage to NP up them), too.

Sciel

Is her stun actually reliable? It seems rather unreliable till you actually hit the upper levels. Monstrous Strength looks good...wish it was 3 turns though.

I'll consider it either way since I basically have all the mats aside from 2 eyes atm.

I now need like... 19? saber monuments to finish ascending both d'Eon and Altera. Nasty business.

But at least I don't need to farm any other ascension materials for either. Just lots and lots of saber monuments....

I've been working on the same thing for weeks.

It took an eternity just to get my first five saber monuments, but I got almost all the way there off of the old dailies alone. Altera is fully ascended and Chevalier is 8 monuments away.

Yayate

Is her stun actually reliable? It seems rather unreliable till you actually hit the upper levels. Monstrous Strength looks good...wish it was 3 turns though.

I'll consider it either way since I basically have all the mats aside from 2 eyes atm.

Levelling up skills is going to be fairly awful for a little while, but when the first events that genuinely give skill gems start hitting it'll be easy enough to max a 3 star servant's skills.

Aside from two servants, one of whom only wins by 5% and the other is considered one of the best servants in the game, Medusa has the most accurate stun that doesn't have any restrictions on it, and both of those are more than a year away. Stuns are *insanely* powerful and fairly rare.

Pejo

Grail who you want to, I view it more as a 'i want to show off who my favorite character is' anyway.

Just used my Okeanos grail on Cu to get him to 90. I'm only going to use grails to get my favorite 3 and 4 star servants to 90. Those last 10 levels seem not worth it when you could gain a wide variety of useful level 90 servants. Next grails will probably go to Saber Alter, then Anne&Mary. Gotta save some down the road for Kiritsugu though.

RSchmitz

Even fully ascending him seems like a bit of a waste since he is only gaining like 100 HP /Attack between 80 to 90.

It's good for friend points though. I've also read that some people grail servants only once so they show up higher in the friend list.

Sciel

Well I'm going all in on Medusa, boosted her first two skills to Level 5 and NP5-ed her.

Just need to grind these pesky exp cards and some feathers now.

I got one whole Octuplet Crystal on the 30 AP Berserker daily, which is the most I've ever gotten as a drop! Just 5 more and I can Ascend Nero a second time! ... :')

In other news, ever since I fully Ascended Emiya I've been getting Friend Requests from really beefed up players alongside the newbie Mash accounts. Which is nice, but I'm afraid he's false advertising, because the rest of my Support Setup is full of commons. Gudao is me.

tumblr_ovgdg4rMUl1rb6fu9o1_540.jpg

T-Rex.

Banned
I'm pretty much stuck with my ascensions. Need hearts for Altera, Herc, and Drake. The last time I even saw one of them drop was Nerofest I think. It's been so long I can't even remember.

EDarkness

I'm pretty much stuck with my ascensions. Need hearts for Altera, Herc, and Drake. The last time I even saw one of them drop was Nerofest I think. It's been so long I can't even remember.

This is me. I can't level up anyone anymore. Not sure what I need to do now, honestly. It's not like getting the stone things is easy. Not sure where to even get them, because they drop so infrequently. This sucks....

Yayate

This is me. I can't level up anyone anymore. Not sure what I need to do now, honestly. It's not like getting the stone things is easy. Not sure where to even get them, because they drop so infrequently. This sucks....

The 'stone things'?

If you mean the class pieces, they drop from the respective class daily at a very high rate. They also drop in various free quests but the rates are usually trash.

EDarkness

The 'stone things'?

If you mean the class pieces, they drop from the respective class daily at a very high rate. They also drop in various free quests but the rates are usually trash.

I need those, plus some fang things and some jewel or something. I don't have one of them, so I have no idea where they drop.

Yayate

I need those, plus some fang things and some jewel or something. I don't have one of them, so I have no idea where they drop.

Dragon Fangs drop commonly from Wyverns, the best spot to farm them now is on the island of wyverns in Okeanos, they have a 50~% drop rate per run so they're very doable to obtain in lower volumes.

If by jewels you mean Serpent Jewels, they drop less commonly from Lamias in the Sunken Rock Seas, at about 16% per run.

Sterok

Finished Okeanos. Definitely better than Septem, but still below Orleans. Drake was a fun companion, and Euryale, Asterios, and Artemis had their bright points. Still don't match Jeanne/Marie though.
Antagonists were also below Jeanne/Gilles, though there were some bright spots. Teach and his crew were lame or annoying. Jason was unimpressive, though I guess he was supposed to be that way. Heracles got the build up he deserves at least. Hektor was the best. Suave with the sense that he'd be better in different circumstances. Medea I guess was technically the real villain? She was alright, but she needed more screen-time to explain her motivations. She wanted to destroy the world for Jason? And the real Medea got involved with the bad guys? Might be one of those things that is elaborated later.

Kenai

Finished Okeanos. Definitely better than Septem, but still below Orleans. Drake was a fun companion, and Euryale, Asterios, and Artemis had their bright points. Still don't match Jeanne/Marie though.
Antagonists were also below Jeanne/Gilles, though there were some bright spots. Teach and his crew were lame or annoying. Jason was unimpressive, though I guess he was supposed to be that way. Heracles got the build up he deserves at least. Hektor was the best. Suave with the sense that he'd be better in different circumstances. Medea I guess was technically the real villain? She was alright, but she needed more screen-time to explain her motivations. She wanted to destroy the world for Jason? And the real Medea got involved with the bad guys? Might be one of those things that is elaborated later.

http://www.ancient-literature.com/greece_euripides_medea.html

Might help explain things a bit
she knew this was her future with him, I guess heroic spirits are "aware" of their entire life regardless of when they were summoned, and Medea is quite vindictive in all forms. If she was willing to murder her own children just to spite him in the actual play, then allying herself with Forneus to crush the world he dreamed of into nothingness seems par the course (if extreme to the max)

Grazzt

Same here. Lancelot's ascension materials are expensive. Scales and claws...
I still need one more scale for Gil. Hopefully I can get it today.

Hektor was the best. Suave with the sense that he'd be better in different circumstances.

You know what, he was the real villain here.

I mean, stun-locking multiple party members every turn and stalling the fight out until he wipes everyone with his NP...

And then you summon your own copy and the stun never procs.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
I'm actually liking the fact that the new dailies make me feel as if I should be raising more sub-servants.

It felt mostly fine to get that 1 solid servant per type before, and then just use a berserker to fill in Gap 2, and the 3rd slot would be an appropriate friend.

Now, though... I want 2 matching classes of my own for each of these themed item-spawning dailies. The new enemies deal SO much damage with their large HP bars to servants that aren't their opposites.

Strimei

I'm actually liking the fact that the new dailies make me feel as if I should be raising more sub-servants.

It felt mostly fine to get that 1 solid servant per type before, and then just use a berserker to fill in Gap 2, and the 3rd slot would be an appropriate friend.

Now, though... I want 2 matching classes of my own for each of these themed item-spawning dailies. The new enemies deal SO much damage with their large HP bars to servants that aren't their opposites.

Its probably worthwhile to at least ascend pretty much everyone once, if only for the interludes with quartz that pretty much everyone has for their first one (barring a handful). And its cheap.

I know there's some events or stuff later that also makes it useful to have a full team of a class for drop purposes, so its worthwhile. And besides, you never know who may turn out to be useful!

I'm actually getting pretty good usage out of my Cursed Arm Hassan. I may even grail him to 3*.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Its probably worthwhile to at least ascend pretty much everyone once, if only for the interludes with quartz that pretty much everyone has for their first one (barring a handful). And its cheap.

I know there's some events or stuff later that also makes it useful to have a full team of a class for drop purposes, so its worthwhile. And besides, you never know who may turn out to be useful!

I'm actually getting pretty good usage out of my Cursed Arm Hassan. I may even grail him to 3*.

Just the EXP cards themselves still feel somewhat expensive to me, ATM. And every time I saw cheap drops to lvl up a 1 or 2 star, I used to wonder why I'd ever want to use those hard-to-obtain items on something that wasn't a 3* or above.

I heard about the future drop events, but that all sounds like "far in the distant future!" stuff. The new dailies took me by surprise, feel wise. It's been pretty good, and definitely makes the game feel more worth dedicating time to.

I do love that usefulness doesn't at all seem tied to rarity stars, and how grails can close the gaps for lower characters. Now I wanna look into more low-stars to pet-project up to some absurd levels. Medusa would have been a first pick, but now with having Drake and Mary, I feel like pushing ANOTHER Rider up would be a large waste, and dilution of resources.

*research is needed!*

tumblr_osbsobQKrI1wt7ek9o1_500.png

Somebody doesn't have a maxed out Carmilla :p

This is way better than Carmilla's actual artwork in the game lol

Rider daily blows because almost all assassins out right now blow. That was slow and painful.

Carmilla fucks them up if you have her, because she specializes in killing females and that means Marie is toast.

Alternatively, just bring two of Vlad, Herc, or Kintoki and chain their NPs with a def down debuff from the many Servants who can apply that debuff to melt her.

kewlmyc

Alternatively, just bring two of Vlad, Herc, or Kintoki and chain their NPs with a def down debuff from the many Servants who can apply that debuff to melt her.

She's not the problem, getting to her is the problem.

Or maybe a team of Waver and two Berserkers isn't a good idea here. :/

Grazzt

She's not the problem, getting to her is the problem.

Or maybe a team of Waver and two Berserkers isn't a good idea here. :/

I'm running with Waver and two grailed Herc. Having no problem at all.

And dragon in the daily is a myth, I haven't seen one after 3 runs.

I hope you're using my Herc. I use yours whenever I see it! Yours is NP2, I wish I could get another one and glue them together ;_;

I wish they at least TRIED to make her look like Elizabeth. They're supposed to be the same character, but don't look anything alike.

Shirou doesn't actually look anything like his Counter Guardian incarnation either...

kewlmyc

Well yeah, I assume having two grailed Hercs wouldn't cause any issue at all. Running Waver, Tamamo Cat (70), and Kintoki (70) and it's not cutting it. Well, if I want to get enough NP for the final encounter that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom