• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite and Least Favorite Sonic Characters?

Favorite:

e2e.jpg

Dr Eggman is undisputedly the best, to balance this popular choice out I actually like Cream the Rabbit, who can hate that rail grind animation?!
Also Vector, vector is a bro.

Least favourite is Chris Thorndyke obviously.

Preyter

Neo Member
My favorite sonic character is Knuckles purely based on his stage themes in Sonic Adventure 2.

Least favorite is probably Charmy because he feels like a budget Tails, which is saying something since Tails is already budget.

Favorite: Tails

I have such fond memories of being player 2 in Sonic 2 and taking out all of the bosses while my family members just kind of played defense. Plus, he's a fox that can fly.

Least: Knuckles

Fuck that guy, with his oversized hands and lame hat. Also, his treasure hunting levels sucked ass.

GamerJM

Banned
Favorite: Sonic is typically my favorite to play as but I wouldn't say I care for any of them in terms of personality.

Least favorite: Big the cat. Just no.

Toad.T

Banned
Fav: Old Knuckles. Intriguing backstory, cool design without being too edgy, funny personallity.

Least: Boobie Bat. At the point of her creation, the devs just decided to embrace the skeevier sides of the fanbase, and we've been paying for it ever since.

Favorite= Sally Acorn
Least Favorite= Amy Rose

I'm a Sat-am fan from my childhood. Sally was awesome. She called out Sonic for his shit all the time, was smart, a leader and a perfect foil for Sonic in general. Amy is nigh yandere levels of creepy fangirl and is just there to yell how amazing Sonic is at the audience. Wish the sat-am crew had made it into games instead. They were actually developed characters unto themselves.
:(

I like you.

Least Favorite: Caliburn the talking sword/King Arthur/everything from Sonic and The Black Knight.

As for favorite...I think Fang and Espio have the best design out of the core characters. I also have a soft sport for Ray and Mighty from SegaSonic Arcade because I really love the aesthetic of the game and especially the character sprites.

Shizzlee

Favorite is Tails since my first gaming experience was using Tails in Sonic 2 and I think the character is cool overall.

Worst is Chris from Sonic X or Elise from 06 if only the games count.

Kneefoil

Favourite: Miles "Tails" Prower

Least Favourite: Commander from Shadow the Hedgehog was the first to come to mind, but no, it's Charmy the Bee. There's nothing Charmy-ing about him.

I'll never understand people who don't like Big. He's so dumb and goofy, there's no way I could ever dislike him.

Kneefoil

Favourite: Miles "Tails" Prower

Least Favourite: Commander from Shadow the Hedgehog was the first to come to mind, but no, it's Charmy the Bee. There's nothing Charmy-ing about him.

I'll never understand people who don't like Big. He's so dumb and goofy, there's no way I could ever dislike him.

Actually, I'd like to change my favourite to Neo Metal Sonic or Metal Overlord. It was Metal Sonic, except actually kinda threatening, and with a cool personality. He was also so delusional that he thought that Sonic was a copy of him and not the other way around, which I think adds to his character.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
You know what I'm just going to list as many as I can in a ranking order and update it if I feel like adding more characters.

Favorite: Shadow
Knuckles
Sonic
Metal Sonic
Dr. Robotnik/Eggman
Rouge
Espio
Blaze
Chaos
Tails
Omega
Amy
Vector
Tikal
Gamma
Sticks
Silver
Cream/Cheese
Jet/Wave/Storm
Mighty/Nack
Wisps
Charmy
Omochao
Big
Least Favorite: Chip

Camjo-Z

Favorites: Espio because he's a cool ninja, Fang because he's a goddamn sniper, and Sonic because you can't go wrong with Sonic. E-102 Gamma was also badass, too bad they killed him off and replaced him with the one-note Omega.

Least favorite: Silver. Just a lame, annoying character from a terrible game who keeps showing up despite having no purpose in the series outside of his initial appearance.

DylanEno

I always thought Blaze the Cat was pretty cool. I like Tikal, too, as well as Cream the Rabbit and Cheese the Chao, terrible names aside.

Worst would be Silver and Princess Elise.

You know what I'm just going to list as many as I can in a ranking order and update it if I feel like adding more characters.

Favorite: Shadow
Knuckles
Sonic
Metal Sonic
Dr. Robotnik/Eggman
Rouge
Espio
Blaze
Chaos
Tails
Omega
Amy
Vector
Tikal
Gamma
Sticks
Silver
Cream/Cheese
Jet/Wave/Storm
Mighty/Nack
Wisps
Charmy
Omochao
Big
Least Favorite: Chip

Wait, these are ALL the characters in the series?

I was expecting a bigger list.

PlatStrat

Neo Member
Wait, these are ALL the characters in the series?

I was expecting a bigger list.
No that's not the full list of characters just the ones I found from Wikipedia. I forgot about Emerl, Elise, Orbot/Cubot, Fang, Eggman Nega, Tails Doll, Maria, and all the characters that are exclusive to the comics and TV shows.

Valanarro

Favorite is absolutely Tails without a doubt. My favorite animal has always been foxes, and being the younger bro I was always player 2, not to mention my general fascination with tech. The character was practically made for me.

Least I'd probably have to say Shadow, which is incredibly disappointing because I love the bad guy redeems themself with a heel-face turn that ends in them making a huge sacrifice for the greater good trope but all of that goes out the window with him being in anything past sonic adventure 2. Ugh.

Hah, no. It's a number of them, but if you want to get into all the named Sonic characters, you're going to get into weird ones like Witchcart, Great Battle Kukku, and Caliburn.

Damn, the fuck is Witchcart, lol!

But yeah, understandable you got some minor characters that are so generic they aren't worth even listing. Such is the way of Sonic.

Favorite: Blaze. Very fun character both from a story and gameplay perspective. Gamma and Tikal are close seconds

Least favorite: One of the screechy kid chars like Cream or Charmy

MrBadger

Damn, the fuck is Witchcart, lol!

But yeah, understandable you got some minor characters that are so generic they aren't worth even listing. Such is the way of Sonic.

The main villain of Tails Skypatrol. She's exactly what it says on the tin

latest

Dr Eggman is undisputedly the best, to balance this popular choice out I actually like Cream the Rabbit, who can hate that rail grind animation?!
Also Vector, vector is a bro.

Least favourite is Chris Thorndyke obviously.

This is why I can't hate Cream

Scz_boss.png

Also, you mean the Sonic Adventure storyline wasn't enhanced by having Sonic hang out with a spoiled rich kid?

Chao

Anyone after Sonic Heroes came out -except blaze I guess- looks like you would get when using a "make your sonic character" generator.

They look so ugly, so bad, so dumb.

Why do you need all these characters, there's no story to tell, stop coming up with new characters!

And be honest, they would look infinitely better with the classic sonic look, modern look makes everyone look ugly, including sonic.

Time for Sega to scrap the modern look once and for all

Rambler

The best sonic character is metal sonic. He's fast, he's sharp, he does not display emotion and best of all he didn't overstay his welcome because he exploded.

Top Bottom