• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite DS game so far?

Shiggy

Leondexter said:
?? That's a pretty generic name...this must be sarcasm, right?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you want to know. Are you talking about the name 'Games Convention'? I hope you know that the Games Convention is the largest videogame exhibition in Europe ;)

Shiggy said:
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you want to know. Are you talking about the name 'Games Convention'? I hope you know that the Games Convention is the largest videogame exhibition in Europe ;)

No, I didn't know that. Maybe there is hope, then. I want it more than anyone, probably. New songs = good. I'd love it if they fix the editor, too, but I suppose that's way too much to hope for.

Jagwire1141 said:
So far all I have is Mario Kart (which is amazing). What other games do I need?

gysads003.jpg

You need Phoenix Wright, obviously. :)

Mrbob

Musashi Wins! said:
Worst in the series by far. Not as funny after a few hours and the worst, most boring boss battles easily.

This is too bad. Mario and Luigi is one of my favorite GBA games. I wanted to pick up PiT, but the whole baby aspect has put me off. I still planned on it, but this comment makes me hold back from buying it. Seems like this game also suffers from the Dawn of Sorrow syndrome, where the DS sequel is worse than the GBA original. DoS isn't horrible. It is a good game. But it just feels....disappointing, compared to AoS. The castle structure isn't as nice. Or perhaps I'm finally getting sick of Metroidvania. Mario Kart is bleh, though. The tracks are too wide, you don't feel much sensation of speed, and the blue shells are now impossible to avoid. You could jump and miss them in previous games, but now the blue shells make this huge explosion you can't get out of the way of. The blue shell is my biggest, problem, especially when I've had races where I get hit 5 and 6 times in the final lap with a blue shell. Rediculous.

Phoenix Wright is the shit, though. It is the main reason, alongside Metroid Prime Hunters, I'm holding onto my DS. I just finished chapter 3, and I absolutely love the game. I thought the game may have been cut and dry with the trial action, but this is the most exciting part. So many twists and turns, you never really know where the story ends. I have two more chapters to go, and I'll definitely be replaying this game again once I'm done. Surprisingly, this game is REALLY LONG too. My favorite DS game by a landslide, and one of my favorite portable games overall. I hope we get Phoenix Wright 2 and 3. Don't let us down Capcom!

a_med_eg_rev_phoenix_002.jpg

Wright: "Did you dare make a thread like this and not mention Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney?"

Oldbag: "I had no idea of its greatness!"

Edgeworth: "The defense is badgering the witness!'

jgkspsx

1 Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!
2 Castlevania
3 Meteos/Phoenix Wright

But Metroid Pinball is just dandy! I need to pick up Viewtiful Joe one of these days as well...

Helznicht

Ill get blasted but, EA TW PGA Tour Golf. Graphics r decent, swing mechanic is fun, I can make my own golfer, and its a golf game I can play one handed while funding my next game purchase by giving plasma.....

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Ouendan is very import friendly indeed. You should all import it: this game will make your DS library tenfold better.

Yoshi Touch & Go remains one of my favorites, with Phoenix Wright (I'm about to finish it at last, reaching the second chapter of last case :), Mario Kart obviously - best party game ever, Jam with the band, Castlevania, Advance Wars, Zoo Keeper and Meteos. I'd also recommend Kirby, and Animal Crossing if you can play it with people you know.

Tsubaki

marc^o^ said:
Ouendan is very import friendly indeed. You should all import it: this game will make your DS library tenfold better.

This is truth. Without Ouendan and Daigasso, the DS is just a lame GBA followup.

DenogginizerOS said:
Metroid Pinball

for all that own metroid pinball have you found the rumble pack GBA cartridge to be as annoying as the IGN review says it is?

i want to get this game... but was waiting to see if Nintendo ever releases/fixes the rumble catridges.

Aponi

I like PiT quite a bit. The boss battles are a bit long due to their massive numbers of HP, but the puzzles and dialogue keep it interesting. My husband and I mimic Luigi and Mario going "Babies" whenever the other one is playing.

Sonic Rush.

But Trauma Center is quickly making a believer out of me!

And you can't ever discount Mario Kart DS or Metroid Pinball.

digitalKiva said:
for all that own metroid pinball have you found the rumble pack GBA cartridge to be as annoying as the IGN review says it is?

i want to get this game... but was waiting to see if Nintendo ever releases/fixes the rumble catridges.
I personally love the rumble, but that's me.

I don't think it's required to play the game though. (But someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that.)

I can't wait to try out Ouendan...
from UK releases these are my faves so far:

DS_mariokart1.jpg
DS_mariokart2.jpg
DS_mariokart3.jpg

DS_castlevania1.jpg
DS_castlevania2.jpg
DS_castlevania3.jpg

DS_tonyhawks1.jpg
DS_tonyhawks2.jpg
DS_tonyhawks3.jpg

DS_sonicrush1.jpg
DS_sonicrush2.jpg
DS_sonicrush3.jpg

Forgive the shrunken cellphone pics... I wish there was a DS capture device :(

It's tie between Ouendan and AC: Wild World for me.

And I don't even have Castlevania, Phoenix Wright, Metroid Prime Pinball or Mario & Luigi : PiT yet.

DS rocks. :)

Pimpbaa

Castlevania I guess (followed closely by meteos and AC). I didn't really like any of the other supposedly good DS games (especially Mario Kart, the love for this game is baffling).

E-Nature

pretty definitely [Animal Crossing].

Playing it since december daily at least for 1 hour. No other game on the DS made me play it so often!

swoon

1. meteos
2. mario kart
3. kirby
4. ouendan
5. phx wright.

as a side note - meteos needs a sequel with wifi. i mean it sold enough, for this to happen, right?

Lots of favorites! So hard to choose!

Advance Wars
Animal Crossing
Yoshi T&G
MariokartDS
Trauma Centre
Castlevania DoS
Metroid Pinball
Meteos
Nintendogs

*hugs his DS*

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Mario Kart by far though I have enjoyed M&L2 and Kirby quite a bit also and all the Metroid Pinball love has really made me curious.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Of the 8 games I have I'd say Viewtiful Joe is my current favorite. After playing "softer" games like Kirby or Animal Crossing I always find it enjoyable to be able to pop in VJ for some nice fun and impactful actionage!

After VJ I'd say Sonic Rush & Kirby are my next faves. Advance Wars was ontop when I was going through campaign but afterwards I completely suck and can't pass any War Room game past #7 on the list nor can I do Survival or Combat modes. -_-;

I can't even name one. I've got 12 of them, and love them all (except Wario Ware, and Nintendogs/FtM aren't that great either). So that makes: Sonic Rush, Castlevania, Advance Wars, SM64, Meteos, Kirby, Mario Kart, PiT, Phoenix Wright,

I'm on the fence about VJ and TH, should I pick them up?

kIdMuScLe

Are nintendo DS games safe to buy on Ebay? I seriously want to buy Ouendan as my first DS game since my big bro is buyin me a DS. Thanks!

Can't decide between Mario Kart, Castlevania and Animal Crossing. All really great titles. Kirby and Metroid Pinball deserve mentions as well.

Oh and about the rumble, I thought it was perfect for a pinball game. It's actually used pretty well in Partners in Time too. Although, I recommend only using it if the volume is all the way up as it makes a noise when it rumbles.

Kusagari

Phoenix Wright followed by Mario Kart DS.

As for PIT. I bought it because SuperStar Saga is one of my favorite games ever... The game is absolutely horrible compared to Saga. The dialogue well 'good' is nowhere close to Saga quality. The babies puzzles are seriously just so annoying. You basically do the same exact thing with them every area. The boss battles are some of the most boringly long battles I've ever played in an RPG. Huge dissapointment all around.

pitt_norton

kIdMuScLe said:
Are nintendo DS games safe to buy on Ebay?

8 of my 10 DS games have been purchased from eBay. All are legit.

My favourite game for DS has got to be Trauma Center. The only thing missing is a "Touch 'n Rub Nurse Angie" mode.

radioheadrule83 said:
I wish there was a DS capture device :(

There is. It's called the Nitro Capture. I gather Nintendo sells them to developers and some gaming media (IGN has at least one, for example). We (we being www.gameswelike.com) contacted Nintendo just to find out how much they are--assuming we can't afford it, but wanting one if we can--and they were real pricks about even admitting such a thing exists.

You can see them in action at any trade show. They must've had 50 of them set up at E3 last year, displaying on large elevated screens what the people were playing on the DS's underneath.

Phoenix Wright, even though it's really just a souped up GBA game. Hilarious script, great characters etc., consistently topping itself every chapter/level.

Castlevania DoS
Meteos
Warioware Touched (while not as good as the original or Twisted, still enjoyable)

^^^are also great for wasting time but PW was most memorable. I'll probably play through it again soon.

Top Bottom