• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite DS game so far?

Maximilian

DIYMF Alumni
I have only four games but I love them all. All amazing. To rank them:

4) Castlevania DoS may not completely measure up to SotN (& maybe not AoS, though I dunno, I just got the double pack a week ago and am playing through HoD first) but it's damn close. It's a really polished Metroidvania and I haven't even touched Hard or Julius mode yet. (I've been too generous with my save slots, so I'm waiting for a friend to get through it. She's getting close...)
3) Mario Kart DS really is the best in the series, though I haven't gotten to play it online yet. All the tracks and the missions put this one over the top. What amazes me is how nice the NGC tracks look.
2) Trauma Center I just got and it's so rewardingly hard. It also makes the most use out of the touch screen out of all my other games. Given time, I might rank this lower than the others but it's currently got my brother's and my full attention. A surgery game, what a fantastically cool idea (though the later missions definitely are a little fantastic).
1) Phoenix Wright is my favorite game for sure. Admittedly, I'm a Law & Order junkie so I wanted to get in on this game on premise alone. Not only did it not disappoint, it exceeded my expectations. Funny animations and dialog make this a classic and it definitely is pretty long. I've been putting off playing the last chapter because I don't want it to end. My brother & brother-in-law aren't so hot about it saying there's too much reading. Bah! Phoenix Wright rules!

sasimirobot

Tigerriot said:
This is my favorite game for the DS so far. I could also easily say Mario Kart but I won't because we all know that game is the sweetness. Yoshi T&G on the other hand, was a highly under appreciated gem.

Yoshi.jpg

IMO, this game was like Crazy Taxi in the sense that it was repetitive, and it had limited level sizes, but it was so damn addictive and fun that it kept me intrigued for a long time. The gameplay is just so tight and well executed that I can't help but keep playing in an attempt at beating my high scores. Absolutely delightful little game that was so underrated it's not even funny. I'm still bitter about it to this day that very few people seemed to *get* this game, and thus a sequel is probably unlikely.

True true. I still think this game incorporates all the DS abilities the best, 2 screen connection,touch, mic. All of it comes together almost perfectly.

They BETTER make a sequel and add a Story/Platforming mode ala Yoshi Island.

Bebpo

Banned
A Link to the Past said:
What kind of game is Slime MoriMori 2? Platformer?

Little bit Zelda, little bit RTS. Very well made though it was clearly ported from GBA (no touch screen at all, GBA color pallete).

Bebpo said:
Little bit Zelda, little bit RTS. Very well made though it was clearly ported from GBA (no touch screen at all, GBA color pallete).

Wait, what? Are you saying that this is a port of the original Slime MoriMori, or that it was started as a GBA game?

Bebpo

Banned
A Link to the Past said:
Wait, what? Are you saying that this is a port of the original Slime MoriMori, or that it was started as a GBA game?

That it was started as a GBA sequel, but then got moved on to the DS and some 2nd screen stuff was added. It's a completely different game than the original GBA entry.

Gonn have to say Kirby for single player.

And Bleach DS for multiplayer.

Honorable mentions:

Castlevania
MarioKart
Ouendan
Phoenix Wright
....shit there are a lot.
Sonic Rush
Meteos
Lost Magic
Advance Wars DS

Top Bottom