• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite SCP story you enjoy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Is also a fun read. Basically a racist house.

The best part of this one is towards the end, when he does the stereotypical "act super polite towards a person you are racist towards, but then tell other people you acted super tough" thing.

The Builder Bear. Simple, but I love it.

SCP-1048-B: Subject was discovered by several Foundation staff members in the cafeteria of Site 24 on ██/██/████. Subject's appearance was nearly identical to SCP-1048, but it moved in an irregular, jerky manner. Witnesses reported that it appeared as if something was moving inside of SCP-1048-B. Subject made no attempt to interact initially, until a burst in its seams revealed what appeared to be the hand and arm of a human infant poking out and grasping at the air.

There was a show on Animal Planet called Lost Tapes that was basically found footage horror dealing with Cryptids. I would love to see an SCP show with the same type of delivery.

my all time feel good scp
a hero is born : http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1230

Yeah this one is great. The non-hostile and helpful entries can be endearing.

The way it
cries when the LARPer committed suicide
was a nice touch.

Memetics and antimemetics SCPs are pretty damn terrifying for me.

It's some of my favorite type of horror, as it's psychological but on another level entirely.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure also has some of it as well.

Yeah this one is great. The non-hostile and helpful entries can be endearing.

The way it
cries when the LARPer committed suicide
was a nice touch.

It's some of my favorite type of horror, as it's psychological but on another level entirely.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure also has some of it as well.

Exactly. I absolutely love(and am terrified) about that stuff. Physical, big, looming threats can be scary.
But there's something about beings, sentient or not, that actively erases itself from people's memories, or force themselves into the past of other people, that makes everything much more fascinating. Earlier posts linked to some delightful stories about antimemetic SCPs and it just reminded me how much I love it.
A good example is that SCP... what was that again? That thing that definitely isn't a sphere?

Well it's definitely not SCP-054 or SCP-056. Maybe there's a middle ground here.

"None of this happened, Paul," she says. "You and I never existed. There is no Antimemetics Division."

Holy shit, finished the series while at lunch and on breaks. Amazing.

Is that the most recent series of Canon stories? Seems it was last updated a month ago.

*EDIT* I guess it's not "technically" canon, but you get the idea. I tend to wait for a full series to end rather than latch onto individual entries in the series.

Holy shit, finished the series while at lunch and on breaks. Amazing.

Is that the most recent series of Canon stories? Seems it was last updated a month ago.

*EDIT* I guess it's not "technically" canon, but you get the idea. I tend to wait for a full series to end rather than latch onto individual entries in the series.

That series was indeed pretty good, hope they make it canon.
Alastair Grey
was terrifying.

Well it's definitely not SCP-054 or SCP-056. Maybe there's a middle ground here.

What's not SCP-054 or 056? What are you talking about?

Mahonay

Banned
I'm reading 093 and I'm getting goosebumps, it's fucking terrifying, I'm at the " violet " report.
Pretty fucking good. I'm pretty sure I've read this before, but was reading with someone that got too skeeved out so I stopped.

I'm on Yellow right now.

SCP-1171: http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1171

SCP-1171-1 is apparently an inhabitant of another world, calling itself Beauremont. It claims not to be human, and is actively hostile to humanity. It believes Dr. ██████ to be an entity similar to itself. Please see Interview Logs SCP-1171-1-3 to SCP-1171-1-14.

Is also a fun read. Basically a racist house..

I came here to mention this one.
The speciest extradimensional SCP is definitely one my favorites. haha

Jintor

Man I need a feel-good SCP list instead of "you're going to think about this when you're going to sleep tonight" SCP list

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
More SCP's I remember but numbers I dont that were excellent include the SCP where its about a tear in space opened by another form of humanity in another dimension. Their mastery of physics was far beyond the foundations universe but their biotechnology was in the stone ages. Basically its meant to be a friendly gesture between species across worlds and it starts that way but the foundation sends something mundane over and a germ on it starts running amuck in the other dimensions world. In an attempt to help they send over a potential cure that works... that sterilizes the entire population.

They all mostly die off but a few survivors who decide to spend all the time they have left to get revenge. They start sending swarms of nano machines and unloading particle beams of insane power through the portal. The containment on it is half the story as its constantly needing to get far more insane and over the top to contain the weapons unleashed from the otherside with things escalating to larger and larger scale and becoming harder to contain.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
RONALD REAGAN CUT UP WHILE TALKING is the one that always comes to mind to me. Incredibly creepy and with that air of plausibility that all the great SCPs have.

It's one of the few that actually struck me. I really don't know what it is about it.

Brakke

Banned
More SCP's I remember but numbers I dont that were excellent include the SCP where its about a tear in space opened by another form of humanity in another dimension. Their mastery of physics was far beyond the foundations universe but their biotechnology was in the stone ages. Basically its meant to be a friendly gesture between species across worlds and it starts that way but the foundation sends something mundane over and a germ on it starts running amuck in the other dimensions world. In an attempt to help they send over a potential cure that works... that sterilizes the entire population.

They all mostly die off but a few survivors who decide to spend all the time they have left to get revenge. They start sending swarms of nano machines and unloading particle beams of insane power through the portal. The containment on it is half the story as its constantly needing to get far more insane and over the top to contain the weapons unleashed from the otherside with things escalating to larger and larger scale and becoming harder to contain.

Looks like it's this one? http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1322

Just skimmed the start while searching for it, reading now.

HStallion

Looks like it's this one? http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1322

Just skimmed the start while searching for it, reading now.

Yeah that's it. Another similar SCP that was basically about a portal that opened up in the ocean connected to another alien ocean. There is not monster or anything like that coming through, its just water. Really cold water and its rushing in constantly at a pressure that is incredibly hard to contain. Its not only increasing the volume of oceans at large but lowering the temperatures.

By the way, 453 is my all-time favorite in terms of ridiculously convoluted containment: an Italian nightclub completely run by SCP in order to clean up casualties caused by patrons involuntarily reenacting violent scenes from Roman times.

And somehow a K-class event is capable of breaking out entirely from within this club.

hunnies28

There's one about a demon(?) That I like. Only thing I remember it has a picture like the cover of an album. Sorry for not being helpful , i never remember scp numbers.

StoneFox

I don't see it mentioned often but as a dog-lover SCP-1459 gets my vote as the most fucked up.

You get a free cookie! ... After watching a puppy die a horrible, horrible death. :(

Lots of my favorites already in here, but I just read SCP-2006 and it's pretty great.

The picture and line "All interaction with SCP-2006 must confirm that SCP-2006 continues to believe that said works demonstrate a superb grasp of horror" already had me liking this, and the addendum really made me love it.

HStallion

Lots of my favorites already in here, but I just read SCP-2006 and it's pretty great.

The picture and line "All interaction with SCP-2006 must confirm that SCP-2006 continues to believe that said works demonstrate a superb grasp of horror" already had me liking this, and the addendum really made me love it.

Yeah this is a great one too. Another similar SCP is the one about a god that the SCP has contained because they have convinced it that the random rituals that they are performing are actually powerful enough to control when in reality said god could escape with ease but is convinced by the foundations "belief" in the seals containing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom