• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FEAR (360) Update on IGN

Core407

Banned
Kabuki Waq said:
wtf I thought condemned was smooth?

It is and the guy is a liar. Played through the game 3 times and noticed slow down in 2 locations and it was a slight dip. The first occurs when the helicopter flies by and its searchlights light the entire room and the second one happens when you look out the window in the building during the first level.

squicken

Gigglepoo said:
Are people still excited for this? With Gears of War coming out around the same time, and that Half Life 2/Team Fortress/Portal pack coming early next year... where does FEAR fit in?

I know there is a lot of hate for it, but don't forget CoD 3 and its class based MP. Not to mention that it will support a higher online player count. I just wish these idiot publishers would release games year round.

RegularMK

I'm fairly sure that Dark10x has an uncanny ability to notice drops in framerate that would be completely insignificant to the average human eye. :)

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
dark10x said:
I agree with this. I can't BELIEVE that people have the nerve to defend sub-30 fps framerates with serious tearing issues. That's just not acceptable.

No I hate sub 30 fps games. I like STABLE 30 fps games that look great. I don't look at a great looking game that's 30 fps with no drop and say "wah waah waaah but it's not 60 fps".

I just watched the IGN fear videos and i have to ask WHERE THE **** ARE THE BLOOD SPLATTERS?!

**** first PDZ then saints row and now this. When i shoot someone in the head i want to see their brains on wall!

squicken

Just watched those new vids. Seems to have lower AF, AA, and texture res than PC version. Looks more like "high" than "maximum". I'm sure the video contributes to the flaws, so that's just an initial reaction.

Tieno

squicken said:
I know there is a lot of hate for it, but don't forget CoD 3 and its class based MP. Not to mention that it will support a higher online player count. I just wish these idiot publishers would release games year round.
Well, the upside of that is that you can buy the other games that you also want but have no time at a reduced price (used or ...) sometime later. That's what I'm going to do with FEAR, Half Life 2 and maybe COD3. Only have time to play GOW (and maybe Splinter Cell DA)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Core407 said:
Are you talking about the PC or 360 version? If it's the 360 version then youre a goddamn liar.
A goddamn liar, you say? So, what, are the two 360s I've played the game on both broken? Am I just seeing things? Perhaps you're just "goddamn" wrong?

No, those things don't happen. The game has slowdown throughout. That's all there is to it. The drops were not massive, but they occured constantly. I wasn't bashing the game and I have no reason to lie, but those issues DO exist and suggesting otherwise is simply incorrect.

screenshots of the newest 360 build

fear-20060802011338554.jpg

fear-20060802011339820.jpg

fear-20060802011347288.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
BenjaminBirdie said:
Damn, Half Life 2/Portal/TF is going to look SO GOOD on the Three-Six.

:D
I'm hoping so.

The upcoming console ports of those games could really go either way, but I'm hoping for something that FINALLY delivers the level of polish that the PC version always deserved. I wouldn't hold out much hope, but I'd especially love to see those damn load screens removed or reduced to almost nothing along with high framerates across the board.

dark10x said:
I'm hoping so.

The upcoming console ports of those games could really go either way, but I'm hoping for something that FINALLY delivers the level of polish that the PC version always deserved. I wouldn't hold out much hope, but I'd especially love to see those damn load screens removed or reduced to almost nothing along with high framerates across the board.

Well, I'm just going by the in-game video IGN just posted, which looked just as smooth as the Portal video.

High hopes!

Top Bottom