• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes March 10th

Texar

Banned
Easy for you to say, the stay at home mom with her coffee cup and all the dairy and sweet 'n Low she could ever want right within reach.

:)

9e0042bcebe907536497dc744512be0b.jpg

Derpyduck

Banned
WoW,confirmed PS4 > new 3DS?
The Order has pushed PS4 imho

There were some insanely good bundles in Feb, which most likely pushed it(as well as positive word of mouth for Dying Light). Didn't think it would beat the new 3DS though. I guess Nintendo knew something when they didn't pack-in a charger after all. No chance of getting new owners to buy one.

Amazon right again.

Ready at Dawn hopes you're wrong. After 8 days on sale, it fell out of the top 100 in hourly video game sales.

Flarin

Grats for PS4.

For anyone saying The Order is responsible, no way. I'm guessing Dragonball Xenoverse and Evolve both outsold it.

Rymuth

SCEA said:
“Demand for PlayStation 4 remains incredibly strong in the U.S. as it was #1 in hardware and software sales in February according to the latest NPD report. PS4 remains the cumulative leader in hardware sales with more than 20.2 million units sold to consumers worldwide demonstrating the fastest growth in PlayStation hardware history.”

Fastest growth? Impressive, Sony.

NateDrake

Sony's exact NPD statement:

“Demand for PlayStation 4 remains incredibly strong in the U.S. as it was #1 in hardware and software sales in February according to the latest NPD report. PS4 remains the cumulative leader in hardware sales with more than 20.2 million units sold to consumers worldwide demonstrating the fastest growth in PlayStation hardware history.”

I feel that if 1886 did strong prior to the end of the reporting period, Sony would have made some kind of comment.

The Order did get a big marketing push. More than a lot of Sony's first party games usually get.

Interested to see how well it did despite all the negative gaming press.

mollipen

Would be nice if someone actually posted the PR blurb Sony sent lol

Here it is:

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Yeah, but Keighley just says "hardware," and the 3DS is hardware...

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Example:

Xbox 360 second, behind DS.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442715

MSFT PR :

Xbox 360 Leads U.S. Console Market for Seventh Consecutive Month

Xbox 360 led the U.S. console market for the seventh consecutive month and has sold more units in the U.S. than any other console for 13 of the past 14 months.

http://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2011/08/11/xbox-360-leads-u-s-console-market-for-seventh-consecutive-month/

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Going by the "cumulative hardware sales" blurb, it seems Sony is really not considering handhelds.

Welfare

How so? Dragon Ball is a WELL known brand. I understand the Order had hype simply by being a First party game but it is still just a new IP.

Well the game is getting harder to find in retail, and The Order has 2 weeks vs DBX 1 week.

Now saying that, I expect DBX (all platforms) > The Order

jjonez18

Basically Sony saying "Bussiness as usual."

Wonder how The Order charted. Will be Interesting, especially seeing the February PSN charts.

QaaQer

I feel that if 1886 did strong prior to the end of the reporting period, Sony would have made some kind of comment.

Sounds like console only #s. nN3ds is going to take the month.

Top Bottom