• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal appeals court maintains suspension of Trump’s immigration order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Banned
Glad to see a unanimous ruling.

I'd bet money that Bob Ferguson is going to be either Governor of Washington State or a Senator at some point.

ICO_SotC

I am a big fan of Breitbart not understanding:
How live streaming works
How recording works
How wearing a suit works
How news works

Remember, if Trump lost, they were supposedly going to to start a news network with him.

Imagine a channel with this 24/7.

Grug

Reading all the Twitter salt from the Trumpies and waiting for the penny to drop.

8ubGFLt.gif

sazzy

Context is important here:

Congress created the court in 1891. At the time, the area was sparsely inhabited – only four percent of the U.S. population lived in the area compared to today’s 20 percent.

In 1998, Congress appointed a commission to reexamine the federal appeals courts’ structure. The commission ultimately recommended against splitting the 9th Circuit.

nqXTAd4.png

Man, seeing McCain go out with a bang continues to be amazing. This is most likely his final term - he actually has the freedom to abide by his convictions since he doesn't have to worry about re-election. He could have been the senator to go down in history as the man who saw fascism come to America via his own party, but did something about it. Instead the final days of his history will be his uncontrollable urge to keep washing Trump's balls while he mutters "I'm not totally okay with this..." at the lowest decibel he can.

Grug

He's saying "see you in court" to... who? The people who are the court?

He's taking the court to court, and if the next court finds in favour of the court, then you bet your ass he is courting the idea of taking that court to court to.

While this is great news I'm still rubbing my temples dealing with the fact that the USA has a president that posts on Twitter in all caps.

Barzul

Funny 2 of the TV's are on CNN. I thought they hated "fakenews " at the White House. Something must be keeping them glued 😂

Incarmine

Banned
If this goes to the supreme court, is there a good chance, with the new guy coming into the court, that it might vote in favor of Trump?

FyreWulff

If there's too many cases on the docket the solution is to hire more judges, not split the circuits, where you'll have the same amount of judges, and dockets.

The whole circuit system was invented so that a judge could do an actual physical travel circuit in a reasonable amount of time. It had less to do with case times. That notion is now obsolete with you know, planes.

DOWN

Banned
If this goes to the supreme court, is there a good chance, with the new guy coming into the court, that it might vote in favor of Trump?
The new guy doesn't even sound like he likes Trump because trump is trashing judges just for disagreeing

Grug

The new guy doesn't even sound like he likes Trump because trump is trashing judges just for disagreeing

Felt to me that he was happy to get that strategic leak out there to just lubricate his confirmation process. I still don't trust him one bit.

Trouble

Banned

I doubt the SCOTUS will take up this case unless lower courts hand out conflicting verdicts. I think the thing to remember here is that the Trump admin effectively wants the judiciary to kneecap itself and bow before him. Seriously, their argument was that the judiciary shouldn't be allowed to overrule the President because reasons. Even conservative justices aren't gonna go for that shit.

SerTapTap

"non-Americans don't have rights", "its not a Muslim ban", "courts will turn us into a banana republic" and my personal favorite "judges don't get to decide whats constitutional".

I can't believe the amount of "THEY DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO DO THAT"

it

it is literally their job to do that

The irony is, if ever there were a time for false flag fuckery its now, but his Alex Jone's Breitbart drones won't even consider the possibility this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom