• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Feelin' Good On A Wednesday, So... eShop GIVEAWAY TIME!

Crayolan

Wonderball 101-Tables Turnover

The best and hypest Wonderful 101 song crossed over with the Space Jam theme and Remember the Name to send the hype levels through the stratosphere. Done masterfully by BotanicSage, top of class when it comes to Space Jam crossovers. If this doesn't get you pumped, nothing will.

Edit: Fuck, someone took this as I was typing.

Edit 2: Backup-Soldier Vs. Masked Spy

An awesome mashup of Masked Dedede from Kirby Super Star Ultra and TF2 stuff with great visuals. I've listened to it a ton of times as background music while doing other stuff, so I'd say that's pretty good nomination criteria.

Bonus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYBZrRCCrXE

Cause it always makes me laugh :p

whitehawk

Banned
GaMetal (2011) - Big Bad Baby Bowser (Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island)

This is a cover of the final boss music from Yoshi's Island. I love this cover because it retains the artistic integrity of the original song. With the original song you could tell that the composer (Koji Kondo) was going for a heavy metal sound, but the SNES sound chip can only do so much. What this guy has done in my eyes is make the Koji Kondo's original vision finally come to life. The song is the same note for note, only the way each notes sounds is different. He has also seamlessly combined the intro boss song from before Baby Bowser turns giant. He also also added his own original solo (Starts here at 1:52) that fits the tone of the song really well. The key thing here is that he added something, didn't change something. The end result of all this is an incredible 5 minute medley that's fresh but stays true to the original song and Koji Kondos original vision.

wiibomb

This is one hell of a remix, I love everything on it and the most impressive part is that is played by only 2 persons, I have been hearing this song since I saw it when it was uploaded to youtube and I still love it like the first time.

It also includes very weird instruments in some ocations, from sounds of a mouth to a that thing in the banjo kazooie.

Hope you enjoy this medley of 35 games in a perfectly combined song:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c0GEHJEeTsw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SooC4u3vwE&index=12&list=WL

Ridge Racer Night
Live mixes of all the Ridge Racer songs that could be played almost anywhere without anyone knowing they were from a video game. Love how hype the dj is while he is doing these. Spread all over youtube and nico, they are great mixes for us Ridge Racer fans. Heck, even Harada (creator of Tekken) tweeted this mix a few months ago himself. Very fun and nostalgic stuff for us RR fanboys. These are seriously amazing mixes of an already awesome series of ost.

Not related but there are some awesome posts here :p

Not sure if it counts, but I REALLY like this remix so I'm going to post this anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mevM9_UudBs

I know it's pretty much the same song, but the instruments really make it. I haven't played this game but when I heard the original song, I was really disappointed. The remix sets a better ambiance and has a lot more soul, imo.

Swamped

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNQHjyLcTfU

(WARNING: Face melting may occur)

One of the best covers of "Battle at Big Bridge" from Final Fantasy V. I love it not only because it's one of the best boss themes ever made, but because this dude took it and made it even more awesome with his talent.

That...was too epic for my heart. Have you seen the violin cover as well? I was blown away by that one too.

This is my entry: Phoenix Wright with Lyrics by Brentalfloss

I love it because it's from one of my favorite games, it's hilarious, and it's to the best soundtrack from the series.

DiscoJer

Kelly Andrew, one of my favorite orchestral trance producers, remixed a track from Legend of Zelda, Justice for All.

Like all his stuff, it's epic sounding (in this case, just orchestral, not orchestral trance)

RK128

Tee Lopes is the shit yo. His Spring Yard Zone remix never leaves my playlist.

I know man :D! Have him subbed on my YouTube account and I love to listen to his remixes :).

Love his Green Hill remixes and his Spring Yard remix is killer too :D!

HUELEN10

Winner winner, chicken dinner!

Check that PM bro, not only was your entry awesome, it introduced me to a great YouTube channel, so congrats.

Props to all the entries, I have a lot of new favorites to listen to on my off days. :)

With the contest over, I dedicate this thread to the Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Saga, a series I've been following since 09/09/09, till today; it's time to say goodbye. The memories of the games will never be forgotten though, they gave me fond memories and good times, even through troubled days. So, with that being said, I leave you all with some of my favorite tunes from those games, as well as one remix.

Palmtree Panic (Bad Future)
Boss Music
Splash Hill Zone: Act 3
Lost Labyrinth Zone: Act 2
White Park Zone: Act 2
Sky Fortress Zone: Act 3

Sonic 4: Episode 2 - White Park (Euro Twinkle Mix)

Thanks for playing!

Top Bottom