• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 International available on Japanese PSN (see post #86 for info)

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Dragon Quest is gaining quite the following in Europe. Not my fault North American gamers don't know what is class and what is ass.

Yes Boss!

Wollan said:
I didn't expect them to ever do this. A game from the main series. Very surprising.

Is it really surprising? They are charging $15, after all, and that shitty Advent Children bundle coming out.

In any case, this better come to the other regions. Really, the one game I've been waiting for on PSN since I've never played it.

cvxfreak

I personally believe this should have been out when CCFFVII hit, but this is a good time as well. In Japan, the first 9 FF games might eventually all be available for download, which is awesome.

jiggle

Yes Boss! said:
Is it really surprising? They are charging $15, after all, and that that shitty Advent Children bundle coming out.

It is. They could've released the same game on disc with just new movies and sell it at full price :X

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Yes Boss! said:
Is it really surprising? They are charging $15, after all, and that shitty Advent Children bundle coming out.
You mean my $50 FF13 demo.

We haven't even got MGS1 yet, and its been over a year for that. The international handling of the PS1 re-releases has been nothing short of horrendous.

I actually want FF8 to be released more than FF7 because *ahem*imighthavealreadyplayedthroughitonpsp*ahem* and to fix popstations issues with it.

RevenantKioku said:
2u8jc5j.jpg

A little OT but I just noticed that 2nd tab there.....has the video store been released in JP?

Rpgmonkey

What the hell, I logged on the Japanese PSN only like two hours ago and none of this was there.

Sure didn't take long for the game to completely take it over. :lol

Zoe

Mine!

They sure are bastards for price gouging though! All of their other archive releases are the standard price :|

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Furoba said:
1500 yen, isn't that about the same price as a reprint?
Shame I only have 900 yen left in my wallet... :(
FF7i sells for around ¥3000 if I remember correctly.

kswiston

Zoe said:
Mine!

They sure are bastards for price gouging though! All of their other archive releases are the standard price :|

Meh. In North America, there are plenty of people willing to shell out $50-60 for used copies of FFVII on Ebay, so $15 doesn't seem all that bad. Not sure why we have yet to see any of the S-E PSN releases though. Almost all of them have North American (and EU) releases. How hard would it be to throw them up?

RevenantKioku

ilanna said:
Really? Hmmmmm, so how much ¥1500 would be in ££s?
Keep in mind that FF7 has no VA. :p

Google Calculator sez ¥ 1500 = 10.2050441 UK£

Wow that`s awesome, Sony Japan beat Nintendo to the punch for FF downloads! Shame that PS1 games don`t get any upgrades like VC games do or I would be all over this! (Why are SCEA/SCEE so useless for PS1 downloads anyway? I can`t see any reason for not releasing more US/EU PS1 games!)

Guess that means FF1-6 will cost more than the average VC game as well. Oh well, as long as I get Chrono Trigger and Seiken Densetsu 3 VC in English I`m happy :D

kswiston

Nuclear Muffin said:
Shame that PS1 games don`t get any upgrades like VC games do or I would be all over this! (Why are SCEA/SCEE so useless for PS1 downloads anyway? I can`t see any reason for not releasing more US/EU PS1 games!)

What upgrades do VC games get? All of the titles I have are just repackaged ROMs with the ability to save state wherever you want.

Thrakier

Please bring on an ENGLISH version. Thanks! Damn. I so want my RE, MGS and FF on my PSP. TBH I would have already CFWed it if it wasn' so complicated. Just because Sony isn't able to bring those games over here...

kswiston said:
What upgrades do VC games get? All of the titles I have are just repackaged ROMs with the ability to save state wherever you want.

480p component visuals (A huge upgrade from the crappy image quality of each console`s old composite/S-video 480i image) resolution and framerate increase (N64), no loading times for TGCD games, temporary save states and the ability to play with non busted controllers for N64 games :D

Oh and no need for multitap adaptors for SNES or TG16 games!

RpgN

ShockingAlberto said:
Huh.

FF1-5 on the VC, FF7 on PSN.

Conspicuous.

Or maybe they just wanted to release it with FFVIIAC?

Anyway, I think it's way too expensive. It's like they think they have a free pass to price it this high. No buy, I have the original ps1 version looking at me.

Red Scarlet

FF7 International is just the American release with Japanese text only, game-wise. There were things that were in the American version that were not in the original Japanese version, such as the Ruby/Emerald/Diamond weapon battle (and the Rising Sun you stole from the Diamond weapon), a more concise 'arrange' option for Materia (in the Japanese version, it simply clumped the Materia together by color, not by color AND same Materia next to each other), some added graphics in areas (signs in Corel come to mind), some FMV's (the one with the weapons coming out of the crater, and the one where Zack and Cloud arrive at Midgar), the W-Item trick/bug, the American version of the final battle, and some other stuff probably.

The International version also came with a 4th disc in Japanese text only, with stuff like character/weapon/armor/item/materia/monster info, and a clickable area map that had items.

FF7 International has Japanese text only.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Is it SE's fault, or SCEA's that it's not on the western stores?

I thought pubs could pretty much upload PSone games when they liked?

Wark

Red Scarlet said:
The International version also came with a 4th disc in Japanese text only, with stuff like character/weapon/armor/item/materia/monster info, and a clickable area map that had items.

I loved that disc because it showed the early stages the game went through. I'm still kinda tempted to purchase this even though I already own the disc version of FFVII International.

Red Scarlet

According to the character information, Cloud has the same birthday as I. :(

The International version and the 4th disc were pretty crashy/glitchy on my PS2 too.

Chemo

gofreak said:
Is it SE's fault, or SCEA's that it's not on the western stores?

I thought pubs could pretty much upload PSone games when they liked?
SCEA's fault. Capcom submitted games to them a month ago, we still haven't seen that shit. Others have been ESRB rated for a year. SCEA just does not give a fuck.

Chemo said:
SCEA's fault. Capcom submitted games to them a month ago, we still haven't seen that shit. Others have been ESRB rated for a year. SCEA just does not give a fuck.
Waiting to use these for fleshing out digital distribution for the PSP-4000/PSP2 release?

I don't believe this. Sometimes SCEA is just shit.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Get up off your ass SCEA and get some PS1 games on PSN. Preferably this one if they have any pull at all.

I never played FF7 past the first 2 hours. So I am kind of interested in this. But I might just wait for the US version.

I want this more so I can play on my PSP not really my PS3. Otherwise I would just get a disc version of vanilla ff7

Chemo

flabberghastly said:
Waiting to use these for fleshing out digital distribution for the PSP-4000/PSP2 release?

I don't believe this. Sometimes SCEA is just shit.
I used to think they were saving the PSX releases for something. Now I'm under the impression that we just aren't ever going to get them.

It's completely frustrating, since these games don't need any real development time, just some bug testing and the occasional tweak. It's practically free money that they REFUSE to take.

I'm literally about two weeks away from modding the fuck out of my PSP. I am sick of this, because I own a lot of hard copies of these games and want to play them portably, and would LOVE to give them money again so that I could do so, but they clearly want people to go the less savory route. Way to go SCEA. You guys piss me off more than Nintendo, and that is saying a lot.

Zoe

Chemo said:
It's completely frustrating, since these games don't need any real development time, just some bug testing and the occasional tweak. It's practically free money that they REFUSE to take.

They also have to do with licensing issues, particularly if it's a translated game.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Chemo said:

OK then SCEA/SCEE, speed that shit the fuck up please, thank you.

DMeisterJ

Banned
And people would still like to believe that SCEA is competent enough to put out a DD only console.

Bull-shit.

PSP will never go DD only, because SCE can't even get a PS1 classic on line.

jts

...hate me...
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about American culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in Japan where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in America, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the american public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFVII on either PSN, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFVII exclusivity for Japanese PSN or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Top Bottom