• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers - What happend?

sprocket

Banned
Yazus said:
I hope this game gets
Single Player game like RoF where you have full single player story
Multi Player (Local, not necessary Online, because SE is bitch bout online MP).

Man i LOVED the first FF:CC game. Liked the DS one. I NEED a FF:CC ONLINE. (I know bout echoes of time but i would prefer a 3D one like FF:CC CB)

echos is 3d. :/ its just like RoF

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Dascu said:
The textures are slightly different at points too.

Yup, while they dont line up exactly the eyes, hair and chainmail are all different and more different than can be attributed to the different positions of the screens.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Y2Kev said:
You don't have to tab, I did an overlay for you. And you can clearly see they are not the same exact moment. If they were, the crystal position would match up.

Well yes I am not claiming they are the same exact moment. Merely that items in them are distinct for reasons other than not being the same moment. In an overlay you can't really tell, since they've been merged together.

Blablurn

Tathanen said:
Well yes I am not claiming they are the same exact moment. Merely that items in them are distinct for reasons other than not being the same moment. In an overlay you can't really tell, since they've been merged together.

compare the shadow of the hair on his forehead. its different -> different time

Boerseun

Banned
RpgN said:
FFXIII wii edition, believe!

I'm soooo glad it's still alive. You know, I am expecting the game to turn out differently like FFIII on the ds. But I am one of the few who really liked FF Crystal Chronicles on the gamecube. I hope they don't abandon that concept all together. Maybe refine it with better story and multiplayer options? That game had so much atmosphere and 'magic' in my eyes.

Clearly you're not the only one.

It appears GAF is more excited for The Crystal Bearers than Final Fantasy XIII. It's like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Street Fighter 4 all over again.

RpgN

Boerseun said:

It appears GAF is more excited for The Crystal Bearers than Final Fantasy XIII. It's like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Street Fighter 4 all over again.

Hohoho, I didn't say that. That game is still the holly mother of games to me :D But I see FFCC games have their own identity and they succeeded in creating a spin-off that can stand on its own in my opinion. FFCC have their own special feel and appeal. I don't want them to throw that away. Blahblahblah (Do I make sense?) Lol.

ffcc_bearerstrailer-screen.jpg

The trailer had this scene so I tried to screen cap the exact same moment as best I could. :lol Obviously the trailer makes things a little blurry so the quality isn't as clear.

I wouldn't mind making a Crystal Bearers news thread if the mods were okay with the idea and once some real news starts pouring in.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Boerseun said:

I'm pretty sure those excited for FFXIII and those excited for Crystal Bearers are two distinctive groups for the most part.

Boerseun

Banned
RpgN said:
Hohoho, I didn't say that. That game is still the holly mother of games to me :D But I see FFCC games have their own identity and they succeeded in creating a spin-off that can stand on its own in my opinion. FFCC have their own special feel and appeal. I don't want them to throw that away. Blahblahblah (Do I make sense?) Lol.

GAF understands and agrees 100%. ;)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I think the changes in his face makes him look less angsty, more like a happy dude, and that's a plus.

Old shot has him staring the shit out of the crystal like it murdered his parents or something, the newer one is more of a

"Hm, interesting!" kinda look, does anyone understand me? :lol

Easy_D said:
I think the changes in his face makes him look less angsty, more like a happy dude, and that's a plus.

Old shot has him staring the shit out of the crystal like it murdered his parents or something, the newer one is more of a

:lol I think I get your point. I'm hoping he's not an angsty character. I liked how in the end of that last trailer he smirks before flying off the airship. Also that past interview mentioned how the game opens up with him coming in and saving the day when a Airship in danger of crashing so I'm hoping for the heroic type.

Dascu

GoldandBlue said:
ffcc_bearerstrailer-screen.jpg

The trailer had this scene so I tried to screen cap the exact same moment as best I could. :lol Obviously the trailer makes things a little blurry so the quality isn't as clear.

I wouldn't mind making a Crystal Bearers news thread if the mods were okay with the idea and once some real news starts pouring in.
The textures are the same in these two shots. So... the ones posted on the site aren't new after all. Hmm.

Boerseun

Banned
Easy_D said:

GoldandBlue said:
:lol I think I get your point. I'm hoping he's not an angsty character. I liked how in the end of that last trailer he smirks before flying off the airship. Also that past interview mentioned how the game opens up with him coming in and saving the day when a Airship in danger of crashing so I'm hoping for the heroic type.

:lol :lol :lol

Dascu

jeremy1456 said:
Put on your glasses dood.
The textures are the same.

Compare:
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x305/Andres2Tiger/ffcc_bearerstrailer-screen.jpg
Upper is grab from old trailer, lower is the "new" screenshot on the site. The trailer grab is a lot blurrier, but otherwise it's exactly the same. No texture differences at all.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x305/Andres2Tiger/ff/ffcctcb_hero.jpg
Upper is official screenshot released months ago, lower is the "new" screenshot on the site. There's some minor texture discrepancies. He's also holding the crystal in a slightly different position, so it's probably a different frame. Because of the differences, I thought this was a brand new screenshot, from a newer build.

But now it seems it's not a new screenshot at all, since the old trailer has the exact same shot.

Conclusion: It's not a new screenshot, or at least not one from a visually upgraded build.

Edit: Wow. I feel like such a nitpicky graphics whore for analyzing tiny differences in screenshots. :lol

Perdew

Dascu said:
The textures are the same.

Compare:
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x305/Andres2Tiger/ffcc_bearerstrailer-screen.jpg
Upper is grab from old trailer, lower is the "new" screenshot on the site. The trailer grab is a lot blurrier, but otherwise it's exactly the same. No texture differences at all.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x305/Andres2Tiger/ff/ffcctcb_hero.jpg
Upper is official screenshot released months ago, lower is the "new" screenshot on the site. There's some minor texture discrepancies. He's also holding the crystal in a slightly different position, so it's probably a different frame. Because of the differences, I thought this was a brand new screenshot, from a newer build.

But now it seems it's not a new screenshot at all, since the old trailer has the exact same shot.

Conclusion: It's not a new screenshot, or at least not one from a visually upgraded build.

Edit: Wow. I feel like such a nitpicky graphics whore for analyzing tiny differences in screenshots. :lol

Meh, it's appreciated. The most noticeable thing to me was the hair. There is more detail in his bangs between screenshots, but under the blurs you see its the same in the SS/Trailercap comparison.

jesusraz

Anyone think Square Enix could be the first Third Party to get a game included in the 'Play on Wii' range with the original GC FFCC making the transition?

Shiggy

jesusraz said:
Anyone think Square Enix could be the first Third Party to get a game included in the 'Play on Wii' range with the original GC FFCC making the transition?

They would have to include DS support or sth like that. I doubt Nintendo would allow GBA support since they don't even allow bongo support in new games.

Canti

My Life As A King was probably my most played digital distribution game this year, loved the Gamecube CC too (never got around to beating it though). Can't wait for the new trailer :D

Fantastical

Death Prophet
jesusraz said:
No way, especially if they are going in a brand new direction with this game and putting out Echoes of Time. What's the point?

C.T.

Earthpainting said:
2w6dj5u.gif

There are indeed only very few differences, but they're there nonetheless.

couldn't those details have been added via photoshop? Where are the photoshop experts? Where are the gifs?

sprocket

Banned
Fantastical said:
Someone caught the moment from the trailer, so it's from the same point but worse quality.

hmm yeah i see a little more polygons. better textures and more importantly self shadowing? maybe its just really subtle in the trailer?

durendal

I always assumed it was still coming, but it's good to see some confirmation that it hasn't been canceled. 2009 just keeps getting better for the Wii (if this actually makes it out before the end of the year).

jesusraz

Shiggy said:
They would have to include DS support or sth like that. I doubt Nintendo would allow GBA support since they don't even allow bongo support in new games.
With Nintendo making various amendments to the games unveiled so far (DKJB, Mario Tennis and Pikmin), it's certainly not out of the question to change the GBA Link-Cable support to DS Wi-Fi instead.

Fantastical said:
No way, especially if they are going in a brand new direction with this game and putting out Echoes of Time. What's the point?
Cash-in? Milking? Easy money? That's why many people think Echoes of Time is coming out on DS AND Wii, not even upping the visuals for the Wii version...(personally I'm happy to see a RoF sequel :) )

I'm not saying it's definitely something that will happen, but it would be pretty easy money, and considering FFCC was a very attractive GC game to begin with, it certainly wouldn't look too out of place on Wii at the moment (sad, but true...).

batbeg

jesusraz said:

That'd be dreamy. FFCC is one of my favorite Gamecube games but I loathe my non-SP GBA so much, and it is a bit of a hassle to play through :-\ I feel like it's a good example of one of the games that should make this process though; games like Pikmin and Jungle Beat and Chibi Robo which were generally underlooked, or too unusual for huge public interest, being given second chances. FFCC fits this perfectly, as you could firstly easily adapt it to not needing any peripherals for play, or adapt it for DS play.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
OKAY as far as I can tell, based on Dascu and Earthpainting's posts, here is what is happening.

We have the following:

Old screenshot / Trailer / New screenshot

The new screenshot and old screenshot are indeed different, and contain numerous texture and polygonal differences. That said, the new screenshot matches the trailer. Thus, this new screenshot is not newer than a capture from the trailer, but the trailer is newer than the old screenshot.

SO:

Old screenshot < (Trailer = New Screenshot)

SHEESH.

jesusraz

batbeg said:
That'd be dreamy. FFCC is one of my favorite Gamecube games but I loathe my non-SP GBA so much, and it is a bit of a hassle to play through :-\ I feel like it's a good example of one of the games that should make this process though; games like Pikmin and Jungle Beat and Chibi Robo which were generally underlooked, or too unusual for huge public interest, being given second chances. FFCC fits this perfectly, as you could firstly easily adapt it to not needing any peripherals for play, or adapt it for DS play.
Exactly. That, GiFTPiA and Eternal Darkness and I'd be pretty happy...

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Woohoo! The fact that this game is still alive is great news! WHoever started the rumour about it being cancelled needs their ass kicked.

TreIII

GSG Flash said:
Woohoo! The fact that this game is still alive is great news! WHoever started the rumour about it being cancelled needs their ass kicked.

Wouldn't that just be 1up/EGM? :lol

I mean, far as I can tell, it was them who did the most to perpetuate the rumor, if not at least do more to help it spread.

But in any case...

*kneels at Dragona Akechi's side*

I didn't have any reason to doubt your words, but sweet vindication down the road is always nice, eh?

Rpgmonkey

Oh cool, was wondering what the ruckus was about. Can't wait.

The FF game that was even more dead than Versus and Agito returns. :lol

jesusraz

GSG Flash said:
WHoever started the rumour about it being cancelled needs their ass kicked.
Paging Quartermann/1UP? Don't know why they seemed so intent on saying the game was going down the toilet when a few of us on here had heard from the horse's mouth that it wasn't. Oh well...hits 'n' all... [/cynic]

GSG Flash said:
The first rumor came about one year ago when EGM said the game "appears to be in trouble." Once again EGM about a month ago said the game was quietly canceled. :lol So yeah, EGM.

I'm hoping we get some new information from Jump or Famitsu before Echoes of Time comes out.

Kandinsky

Relaxed Muscle said:
But with DS graphix!!!

One of the few games that truly deserves a wiimake with added online is the original FF:CC
So true, one of the best looking/sounding game of last gen, so awesome.

pgtl_10

Was it enough? Well that's a personal opinion but the game did sell well enough at 214k comparatively speaking.

Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a new world sold 214k? Is that worldwide or just NA?

Top Bottom