• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers - What happend?

bdouble

John Harker said:
They probably saw that ToS2 for Wii outsold all of their l X360 releases and decided to actually put some more money and time behind FFCCWii.

I think they would have noticed how well the Wii did way before ToS2 was released and in turn added more resources to this project. That is why we haven't seen it.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
I thought I heard DOTNW was higher than that in Japan... where was that 214k number from?

And yes, I'm excited about a new trailer for Crystal Bearers, especially since XII killed my enthusiasm for the mainline games. :(

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Kandinsky said:
I hope so, her FFCC ost was one of my favorite ever.

Agreed.

But apparently we were the only three because even though I nominated it, the original FFCC opening got snubbed in GAF's music battle. :mad:

Shiggy said:
They would have to include DS support or sth like that. I doubt Nintendo would allow GBA support since they don't even allow bongo support in new games.

It'd be like, the perfect game. :eek: (Except for storyline...)

ivysaur12

Banned
Andrex said:
Agreed.

But apparently we were the only three because even though I nominated it, the original FFCC opening got snubbed in GAF's music battle. :mad:

Personally, I think the ending was better, but the whole soundtrack is really amazing. Actually, scratch that, the whole game is amazing (save the storyline... and even then, the last 30 minutes are really cool).

An online FF:CC with the same style as the first game would be amazing, but I'll take something like Echoes of Time.

CTLance

Yah, FFCC is awesome through and through, except for the whole GBA part. I see why they did it, but it made playing the game as it was meant to be pretty much impossible.

Other then that, pure gold.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
vanguardian1 said:
I thought I heard DOTNW was higher than that in Japan... where was that 214k number from?

And yes, I'm excited about a new trailer for Crystal Bearers, especially since XII killed my enthusiasm for the mainline games. :(

From Namco financials.

So you were mistaken. And it doesn't surprise me you're wrong, since FFXII was frickin awesome . :)

CTLance

Eteric Rice said:
Unless you're the bucket bitch.
I even found that to be a pretty OK game mechanic. It wasn't great or anything, but it improved teamwork rapidly. If your bucket bitch isn't up to snuff the whole party falls apart.

Rezbit

I liked the bucket! Made the whole experience a bit more unique. People should feel a great sense of duty and pride when holding the bucket.

batbeg

ivysaur12 said:
Personally, I think the ending was better, but the whole soundtrack is really amazing. Actually, scratch that, the whole game is amazing (save the storyline... and even then, the last 30 minutes are really cool).

An online FF:CC with the same style as the first game would be amazing, but I'll take something like Echoes of Time.

Agreed on the ending (also love the arranged version <3), and that the whole game is amazing. I'd include the story in this, as I had a great love for the world, the lore, and the characters I ran into. Though it saddens me you say the last 30 minutes are really cool as I haven't yet beat the last boss :( A few hours of retrying after that annoying long-ass dungeon and my girlfriend doesn't have the spirit to try again :lol

I hope we get more games that seem to take place in the same world, as RoF seems too different in it's prequel like world. It just isn't the same magic :(

aeolist

Banned
Bucket bitch really didn't mean anything. If you encounter a monster you dropped the bucket and everyone fought. If it needed to be moved during a battle the person closest to it would pick it up and move it.

It's not like carrying the bucket while your team was just walking around was so terrible.

aeolist said:
Bucket bitch really didn't mean anything. If you encounter a monster you dropped the bucket and everyone fought. If it needed to be moved during a battle the person closest to it would pick it up and move it.

It's not like carrying the bucket while your team was just walking around was so terrible.
I actually somewhat enjoyed carrying the bucket. On certain bosses that moved around more it was a very critical role and could be challenging.

It's good news that the game isn't cancelled, though I'm still not sure about the direction. I am interested because I like the series in general, but I would be 100% satisfied with a game that had the same exact gameplay and functionality as the first one with the addition of online/voice chat capability. I am looking forward to the Wii/DS crossover version as well, which is similar to what I was expecting when FF:CC was first announced for the Cube.

Top Bottom