• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFVII Remake and Alan Wake Remastered listings found on Epic Games store backend

It would have to be a pretty significant remaster for me to buy Alan Wake again. Have the beautiful collectors edition on 360 and the PC version holds up really well to this day.

Hope this means they're gearing up for a sequel, I love me some Alan Wake. Currently playing Control and enjoying all the references.

Kazza

Hope this means they're gearing up for a sequel, I love me some Alan Wake. Currently playing Control and enjoying all the references.

A sequel is rumoured to already be in the works for the Epic Store:

Alan Wake 2 Rumored To Be In Development With Epic Games As Publisher (thegamer.com)

It's been revealed that Remedy is rumoured to be working on a sequel to horror title Alan Wake, with Epic Games named as the publisher.

This comes from industry insider Jeff Grubb who revealed the news on his Twitch show titled Jeff Grubb's Game Mess Show. During the stream, Grubb talked about Epic's recent shift in attitude towards exclusivity, explaining that Epic is starting to fund the development of games instead of buying exclusive right later down the line. He then revealed that one such developer that Epic is working with is Remedy Entertainment.

Last edited:

Kazza

Square enix do like their epic game store exclusives, I don't have an issue with EGS so will buy it on PC if it comes with intermission

Sega have jumped on board the Epic exclusivity recently as well with Troy Total War and Sonic Colours. I wonder if Capcom will be next?

cormack12

Gold Member
E4JrC8DUUAIJhU1

E4Jq1MCVUAg8h7T

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
I bet it will be called Alan Wake: Reawakened.

The fact that this is coming to PC says that there are going to be some meaningful upgrades, not just a repackaging at a higher res. Whether or not those upgrades make it work rebuying a game I own (and still haven't played) is another matter.

cormack12

Gold Member

The fact that this is coming to PC says that there are going to be some meaningful upgrades, not just a repackaging at a higher res. Whether or not those upgrades make it work rebuying a game I own (and still haven't played) is another matter.

Alan aWake

GametimeUK

Excited for Final Fantasy 7 on PC and I'll add it to my collection for sure if it gets a Steam release, but the PS5 version has me less excited about the PC release.

xrnzaaas

Wake Up Alan Wake edition ;)

Sygma

Makes sense since Remedy has been working on 2

Fuck I'm excited, Wake was some magical experience back then, here's hoping the remastered is done with Northlight, especially because of the Alan wake dlc in Control. Would look unreal

Last edited:

TheRobot

It's sad if games have to be remastered and get sales in order for the sequels to be greenlit.

Last edited:

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I wonder if people are getting angry over FFVIIR being on EGS and most likely being exclusive. I mean they should realize FFVIIR was developed with UE4, the engine by Epic Games.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Alan Wake Remaster needs two things:
1. Fix the damn voice synching/acting. It was bad back in 2010 and it's so awful now.
2. Fix the asthma problem. Running 5 feet before getting tired got old.

Fake

Another day, another rumor/leak.

We have more rumors/leaks at E3 than games.

Last edited:

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
maxresdefault.jpg

Heck yeah! I've come to trust pretty much all Wario64 leaks. His track record is very good when it comes to stuff life this.

And Alan Wake is one of my favorite games on the 360... I have so many great memories surrounding that game! I remember purchasing Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption around the same time (I think they released within a week from each other). After playing both for a bit, I chose Alan Wake for it's tight and focused gameplay, engrossing story, and altogether creepy atmosphere. It's not a horror game per-se, but it has some of those elements that will tingle the gibblies...

I would love to play in 4k 60fps on Xbox, so here's hoping it comes to consoles also!

synce

EGS isn't a surprise, but some companies are really making it hard to argue against piracy when they're double or even triple dipping in exclusivity deals, especially considering every game is developed with cheap, platform-agnostic engines now. You've already made your money back before even selling a single copy at that point.

ClosBSAS

I wonder if people are getting angry over FFVIIR being on EGS and most likely being exclusive. I mean they should realize FFVIIR was developed with UE4, the engine by Epic Games.
lol why would i be mad? i will have plenty of ways of playing it lol while i wait for steam release. epic can suck it. i will not support day 1 purchases on epic.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I had always thought Microsoft owned the IP. I'm guessing since it was taken off GamePass, I was wrong?
They got the rights back a couple years ago though I think they always had the PC publishing rights due to it being self published on Steam for some time now.

Good story and atmosphere but doubtful the gameplay is worth revisiting.
It's pretty standard Remedy affair, but it's still a great game overall. Nothing really offensive about it.

------------------------------

Whatever gets that Alan Wake engine started up again I'm on board. I LOVED Alan Wake, the atmosphere, the music, it just nailed that Twin Peaks vibe so damn well and I was disappointed it never got its sequel especially with how the main plot ended. American Nightmare was a really good time too.

pqueue

Is this a thing? I mean, the game is very dark, IDK if you ever gonna see RT there, besides those day scenes.
the whole thing is the use of the flashlight to light the scenery and impact enemies.
and light in the woods/through the trees

raytracing will be amazing for that use.. and the shadows.

Top Bottom