• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFX-2 strategy question

Prospero

...and, yes, I know I could go to GameFAQs for this, but I want a practical answer, not a nitpicky hardcore "OMG YOU'RE NOT GOING TO GET 100% COMPLETE" answer.

Specifically--it appears to me at this point (near the end of Ch. 2) that the "special dresspheres" are strategically worthless. Am I wrong about this? Because right now, by the time I put a character through all her changes in the Garment Grid in order to unlock the special dress (and let me take some time to say that I can't believe I'm playing a game that involves terms like "dressphere" and "garment grid"), the battle is pretty much over. And assigning the two-node garment grid to a character (in order to speed her access to the special dressphere) cripples her too much to make her useful.

So should I even bother to level up these special costumes if I want to finish the game in a timely fashion? Is the final boss going to punish me something fierce if I don't have some special skill that only Yuna can use, e.g.?

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
FFX-2 Strategy:

First character as a dark knight: Use Darkness.

Second character as a dark knight: Use Darkness.

Thrid character as a white mage: Heal.

Repeat over and over for every battle.

You just won the game!!! :eek:

Edit: To answer your question seriously... no, I don't think it's worth it. =/ I used each once and that was it... plus I rushed through the entire game and barely touched any sidequests, and although I died a few times on the last few bosses, I still managed in the end.

Well, if you use the "Unerring Path" Garment Grid, you can get to the Special Dressphere a lot more quickly. Unerring Path only has 2 spheres on it, so all you have to do is one Dressphere change (from the 1st sphere to the 2nd), and then you can change to the Dressphere.

But, no, you don't really need them for any special purpose. I thought they were useful early in the game, but by the point of the game you're at, I stopped using them completely. They might be somewhat useful in some places, but you certainly don't need in any sense them to complete the game.

edit: Oops, didn't notice that you'd already ruled out using Unerring Path. Sorry.

I never used the special dresspheres and I did all the optional sidequests and got 100%. The Mascot dresspheres are far more useful in my opinion.

belgurdo

Banned
I prefer using Berserkers and Blue Gunners (forgot the name) with Heaven's Cataract-boss fights go fast this way

Top Bottom