• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXII:ZJS HD Remake [imagine if someone made an OT thread titled "Cure for Cancer"]

Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up if they were coming into this thread expecting any kind of announcement.

No, you're not. What's the TOS policy regarding these kind of threads? I can't imagine they're considered much different than trolling.
(I don't even care, I never played XII).

AmanoBuff

It was updated. There is now a cure for cancer.

That doesn't mean the OP can just go on its way without being banned or juniored.

Also, a mod changed the title to add the cancer cure stuff? I never got the reference.

If so, not only that means that the mod approves of this, but that he/she might actually find it funny.

Thread is still open, OP has not been punished in any way and members keep wasting their time.

I don't get it. How is this happening?

Brick

962.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
FFXII gets more threads/attention on gaf than most current gen games.

I really hope someone has noticed.

IZJS HD is instant buy.

omg lol @ all this salt. Asking for junioring and bans, lmao.

L
Mao

OP you did good.
<3

I don't get it either.

I didn't put the word "announced" in the title.

Anyone following FF and its remakes, especially HD remakes knows that this is the most likely next entry.

I even stated first that this wasn't an announcement of any kind.

Then I got to the point of this thread, the question.

I can feel some loves coming from this thread but for the most part everyone's calling for my head.

<3

I don't get it either.

Anyone following FF and its remakes, especially HD remakes knows that this is the most likely next entry.

I can feel some loves coming from this thread but for the most part everyone's calling for my head.
Yeeeeah, but you knew before clicking "Submit New Thread" that you were going to attract a lot of people expecting an announcement and with that in mind you could have pre-emptively avoided this situation with a better title choice.

AmanoBuff

<3

I don't get it either.

No you didn't.

Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up if they were coming into this thread expecting any kind of announcement.

My question is though, with the now current status of the Vita being a legacy system, how would you like to see them release this? Like they did FFX/X2 originally and do a Vita and PS3 release? Or just release it on the PS4.

We know its bound to happen and probably soon, bit how do YOU want it released?

You knew your thread title was misleading and just went ahead with it.

Playing innocent will not change that.

Even with the thread title updated, it's still pretty awful.

It usually results in temp bans or Junioring from what I've seen, which makes this so weird. At least the "Half Life, 3 Screens" threads or whatever have some creativity

But speaking of the game, how bad would it be if they announced it, and it turns out to just be the original version of FFXII?

FFXII's fundamentally better than Xenoblade though. I literally feel the opposite. I found it near impossible to play Xenoblade after playing FFXII. I constantly felt I was playing a gimped version of FFXII, and no other advantages the game had sufficiently compensated.

Once you go Gambit, there's no going back. FFXII is the best.

Spot on. I went right from FF12 into Xenoblade, and just couldn't do Xenoblade. It felt like going backwards. I should try it again though now that there's some distance.

My only complaint about gambit is that they drip feed it to you... I think we should have access to some of the core gambits earlier in the game. If not right from the outset.

This is also true.

You're making a lot of assumptions with those numbers.

Are you disputing the idea that by choosing to release only on PS4 and not PS3, they are cutting their potential sales by an extremely significant margin? Or did you just want to give the vague suggestion that I'm wrong without any specific reasons?

Falk

that puzzling face
Are you disputing the idea that by choosing to release only on PS4 and not PS3, they are cutting their potential sales by an extremely significant margin? Or did you just want to give the vague suggestion that I'm wrong without giving any specific reasons?

You're partially right, but for the wrong reasons.

(Specifically Japan installbase comparisons, not total installbase comparisons)

Are you disputing the idea that by choosing to release only on PS4 and not PS3, they are cutting their potential sales by an extremely significant margin? Or did you just want to give the vague suggestion that I'm wrong without giving any specific reasons?

You're numbers assume that none of those PS3 owners have a PS4. They also go against the trend being set in that current gen software sales are higher than last gen for multiplatform games. By cutting out that '80%' market you claim they aren't cutting out 80% of potential sales.

You're numbers assume that none of those PS3 owners have a PS4. They also go against the trend being set in that current gen software sales are higher than last gen for multiplatform games. By cutting out that '80%' market you claim they aren't cutting out 80% of potential sales.

"double dipping" seems to be really popular these days...

I agree it's an overestimate, but what would the conservative low-end estimated % be? Still significant enough to warrant a ps3 release anyway, I'd guess

Ostinatto

I did not care too much about this game xD so i'm not mad at all.

But i would react the same way if this was a fake The Last Guardian announced for PS4 thread xD

I agree it's an overestimate, but what would the conservative low-end estimated % be? Still significant enough to warrant a ps3 release anyway, I'd guess

Double dipping is more common if it came out on one system first and then another system some time later.

It probably would be worth a PS3 digital release if only to try and get sales that bit higher but we've already seen companies say that they aren't developing for last gen anymore and that speaks for itself. I think that a lot of companies are ready to focus on current gen and the market is showing that for the most part as well.

Double (or triple...) dipping only works if you spread out the releases like GTA, which was a strange situation since it released right at the end of the PS3 gen.

I should've gone into detail in my post but if history is anything to go on, cross-gen titles have not sold well on previous gen consoles and enjoy the vast majority of sales on current gen consoles. So much so that major publishers aren't making games for PS3/360 anymore.

Camwi

<3

I don't get it either.

Right, like you couldn't have put more into the thread title.

"How would you like the eventual FF12 HD to be released?"

Man, that was hard.

Jerk.

Psoelberg

My question is though, with the now current status of the Vita being a legacy system, how would you like to see them release this? Like they did FFX/X2 originally and do a Vita and PS3 release? Or just release it on the PS4.

We know its bound to happen and probably soon, bit how do YOU want it released?

Answering your question OP, I would really love it if the game was tailored for the PS4, preferably using the touchpad.

I was 19 years old when the original FFXII released. I remember playing it during summer school holidays. It was a year before I moved out, so it's the last great game I could play all summer without any responsibilities. Good times.

How would you like to see it release, OP?

It probably would be worth a PS3 digital release if only to try and get sales that bit higher but we've already seen companies say that they aren't developing for last gen anymore and that speaks for itself. I think that a lot of companies are ready to focus on current gen and the market is showing that for the most part as well.

I would agree if it was a new game being developed, having to develop with parity to the previous gen has its obvious downsides, but for an HD remaster of a PS2 game, a PS3 release seems like a complete no brainer.

It was updated. There is now a cure for cancer.

I saw the updated title first, thought the cancer thing was an in joke I would learn about in the thread, or was referencing how unlikely this was but finally happened.

It's funny but didn't make it any more apparent that it was a lie. At least to me reading it quickly on mobile.

Edit: but to add to the conversation; if the PS3 version didn't detract from how good a PS4 version looked and played, then I would like to see it released to as many platforms as possible. It's a great game that more people should get the chance to play.

It usually results in temp bans or Junioring from what I've seen, which makes this so weird. At least the "Half Life, 3 Screens" threads or whatever have some creativity

But speaking of the game, how bad would it be if they announced it, and it turns out to just be the original version of FFXII?
It would be worse then apparently this thread is.

But considering most of S-E's recent HD rereleases have included content we never got to see in the US, I don't see why we wouldn't be getting the extra content.

Answering your question OP, I would really love it if the game was tailored for the PS4, preferably using the touchpad.

I was 19 years old when the original FFXII released. I remember playing it during summer school holidays. It was a year before I moved out, so it's the last great game I could play all summer without any responsibilities. Good times.

How would you like to see it release, OP?
My man. I was also 19 at the time. After having spent so much time playing FFXI, then playing the demo of XII, I knew it was gonna be a great game.

And don't get me started on some of those Esper fights....

I'm sure they can easily release it on PS3, but I'd love to see how the PS4 would make it look.

Top Bottom