• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV might receive additional PS4 Pro support post launch

I'll be waiting on lengthy comparison footage before I make a purchase decision.

Didn't Tabata say back in August that they just found out about the PS4 Pro? Sounds like they didn't have a lot of time to work on it. Maybe we can expect a better patch next year.

I think many are taking this statement on face value. We have already seen the Pro version and it looks a lot better and has been stated that it will be 4k/hdr at the very least so still on board for the pro :)

LAA

That's...disappointing. I'm sure we'll get some improvement for Pro, though it may not be so significant, as it doesn't seem they're really looking into pushing it for Pro, at least not until later.
Still getting a Pro, but I must admit this was one of the games I was most hyped for on the Pro.

You mean the test footage that we don't have idea if it's better than the base version aside from the IQ?

Well, the Pro footage looked so impressive because until that point we had been looking at the gamescom footage. But that was before we saw the current build.

The actual Base PS4 footage now looks much closer to that pro footage than it did to the gamescom footage, so yeah there might not be that many changes.

Why would they do that? Its pretty obvious that we just got a bit of a rough translation here.

I haven't been following the video by video progress of the post delay builds, I just know there was a significant jump in quality from the Gamescon builds, which is why I asked since I wasn't sure if I was reading the quote wrong (Which apparently I was?)

Pretty disappointed to hear that. I have one pre-ordered, but I'm starting to cool off on the thing if this is going to be the norm.

Pretty disappointed to hear that. I have one pre-ordered, but I'm starting to cool off on the thing if this is going to be the norm.
I don't think it'll be the norm. They already had to delay the game to get it to run well on the og os4 as well as get rid of bugs and crashes and with the pro being announced in September how much time did they really have.

Bousf

Who cares, still getting a Pro.
FFXV isn't the only reason why I want one so whatever improvements the game gets, I'll enjoy them.

Yeah it's gonna be like this from here on out for ps4 pro customers huh? No additional effort into making the game stand out. A possible maybe improved visuals in the future. Cool

Sorry, I just feel like this is PR Bullshit to sell a GOTY version of the game in September 2017, on PS4 Pro and Scorpio and a PC version 6 months later.

What's so difficult to upgrade the IQ or the LoD and release the game ? Because let's be honest, that's basically what we'll get: Better IQ/LoD/textures.

Gotta learn to keep expectations in check, guys.

The game coming out is a miracle in and of itself by now. Those expecting huge Pro improvements were setting themselves up disappointment.

This. Were people seriously expecting Square Enix to spend time developing for a new iteration when they had already completed the meat and potatoes of the game?

darkwing

29630216291_8b14f12080_o_thumb.jpg

Off-screen, I know, but the IQ seems to be very sharp for what they are doing for the Pro now. Framerate seems to be good as well as seen in the TGS gameplay video they had on display here

Edit: You can see 2 more screenshots of FFXV off-screen on the Pro here: http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1020525.html (Thx duckroll!)

Pro looking good

High Rise

Neo Member
Can someone please explain to me why I've seen so many reports on crap pc ports or games not being ported at all. Surely all games are developed on PCs before being optimised for consoles, and if PCs are more powerful why is it such a struggle?

Sorry I'm stupid!

...I don't get it. This was obvious. He saying that they are not really retuning the game for the pro, just doing what other devs are doing. Improved IQ and probably frames. This is expected. I believe it will still look quite a lot better than the base game. Even now the game has IQ issues on distant objects, I don't see how they couldnt easily fix that for a Pro version since it is not there in some of the PC builds.

Even on the crap offscreen footage I can notice better IQ. It doesn't seem to have the evident blurring in motion that the base PS4 version has.

JBwB

Well that settles it then... I'll hold off on getting a Pro until I can get a 4K HDR TV first.

The standard PS4 version will have to do. It's already looking pretty damn good anyway.

Gbraga

The game has amazing assets, they're just held back by the IQ. Just a resolution increase will do wonders for this game. If anything, I think it's a good thing that 1080p users will get "just downsampling", I'll take better IQ over the bump from medium to high or high to ultra in most cases.

Mediking

Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

I mean, come on... really???? These are the guys Sony should've ran to first to showcase Pro at full potential. But you cant force a developer to do a damn thing they dont wanna do.

LordKasual

Banned
Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!

I mean, come on... really???? These are the guys Sony should've ran to first to showcase Pro at full potential. But you cant force a developer to do a damn thing they dont wanna do.

Doubt it would have changed much. Square has been busting their ass just to get XV where it is now, theres no way they were going to squeeze a pro mode into their pipeline

...I don't get it. This was obvious. He saying that they are not really retuning the game for the pro, just doing what other devs are doing. Improved IQ and probably frames. This is expected. I believe it will still look quite a lot better than the base game. Even now the game has IQ issues on distant objects, I don't see how they couldnt easily fix that for a Pro version since it is not there in some of the PC builds.

Even on the crap offscreen footage I can notice better IQ. It doesn't seem to have the evident blurring in motion that the base PS4 version has.

Exactly.

~Cross~

People have already seen the closed door presentations of it and said it looked really good on the pro so its more likely that they aren't doing anything radical that would take a dedicated team time to make.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
People have already seen the closed door presentations of it and said it looked really good on the pro so its more likely that they aren't doing anything radical that would take a dedicated team time to make.
Yeah. It's really annoying how mum they're being about this whole thing. SE needs to man up and communicate clearly what they're doing with this already.

Frostman

I personally think due too the language barrier there is some misunderstanding. Perhaps Tabata thought he/she meant major changes i.e asset changes, higher texture fidelity etc, Rather than the common first release changes for the pro though such as the 4K, more solid frame rate, and perhaps other minor changes like LOD.

I could also be entirely wrong! Haha

Zetta

All I got from this as that they don't have the time right now to fully utilize the full advantages of the PS4Pro. Just like the PC they require time to go full ham with FFXV so its understandable.

Boke1879

Game looks fine as is. Basically they aren't doing all the bells and whistles. People already saw Pro footage and said it looks great. This is about what I expected.

Gawd damn fuck off Square Enix.

The other Pro stuff looked OK though really anyway I guess. Much sharper.

If they mean like super enhancements I don't care about that.

4k/ 30fps or 1080p/60fps is too much to ask? Something that does not require any engine changes like further LOD, more sparks etc. but something that comes naturally with more powerfu lhardware.

so games using some features but not all of the power of the mid gen upgrade and people think going forward mid upgrades are the future LOL. come the fuck on, do you really want that future for consoles, where the box you pay for isn't being utilised fully?

Mediking

Hell, so many people on FFXV GAF were saying, "No way I'm playing FFXV without Pro!"

Dont feel that bad. Pro is still worth it for other games....

Loudninja

4k/ 30fps or 1080p/60fps is too much to ask? Something that does not require any engine changes like further LOD, more sparks etc. but something that comes naturally with more powerfu lhardware.
You can expect a jump to 60fps on a open world RPG that had framerate issues until reticently.

We don't have confirmation if the 1080p users will get downsampling. May be only the 4K tv owners will benefit?
The FAQ already mention all of this stuff.

thelastword

Banned
Nothing to see here guys, they only wanted to maximize the power of the Pro with FFXV, but they will have to settle for a 4k mode with HDR and better framerate for now. They may eventually patch it down the line and overhaul the graphics completely, perhaps when they do the PC version.

Astral Dog

Its a Good choice, honestly Square Enix barely optimized the game for 40 million of PS4 owners and whatever number the ONE has.
They were focused on giving the original system owners a great experiencie and looks like they succeded

FF XV was never meant to be the game that sells PS4pros.

There will be plenty of other games next year.

Top Bottom