• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 14 Announced (360/PS3/PC, Vita?/PSP?)

Zero148

looks like no more Fifa for me if there is no WiiU version. I will definetly not go back to no off TV playable Fifa

coldfoot

Banned
Don't see the doom and gloom for the lack of Wii U version. They're obviously making it, the graphics in the videos are from that version.

It's definitely on everything but Wii U, PS2 included.

Count on it.

In short, they were dreadful. I don't think EA ever made an official comment, but it's a pretty widely known fact.

They were beyond dreadful. In retrospect, Wii U only saw up to 200 users concurrent as opposed to PS3's 100 thousand, or even Vita's 1000 shames the Wii U.

krpiper

so I just got into FIFA 13 this year (and FM2013 for that matter) are FIFA games usually worth buying year after year? or should I go the Madden route and every other year?

Mascot

Next gen hopefully has the power to insert virtual brains into all 22 players and not just four at a time.

Plus: rewrite the fucking net code from the ground up EA, you bastards. It's pathetic.

What's up with the new graphics engine in the videos? I mean, I can see why they'd go with red vs blue to make it more approachable and easier to track your team, but it kinda takes away from the realism :/

EA are saving their next-gen reveals until a later date it seems.

Electronic Arts has stated that next-gen editions of FIFA and Battlefield are in development, and it’ll discuss the titles further in May.
"We’re also investing in Gen 4 console technologies and content,”

“We’ve signalled that we’re working on the next editions of our two biggest franchises in Battlefield and FIFA. And, we look forward to discussing these programs and many others with you when we provide our FY14 guidance in May.”

Desaan

I wonder if they'll actually attempt to add tattoos in the next-gen FIFA.

Thanks to the PC community and the moddingway.com patches I've had stuff like that for months. Techfit shirts, new stadiums, more player faces more footballs the list goes on. I see no reason why it shouldn't be IN THE GAME (hur hur) because lately with the FIFA series it's most definitely not.

Irish

There damn well better be a Freedom Rating for online clubs this year. It's finally time to clean up Believe FC.

__

I'm not going to be able to score a single goal with this Pure Shot nonsense, am I?

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Well, lools like they finally have some new UI, thats refreshing.

Bullshots are bullshots, thats whatever.

New features sound like basically "now theres a chance youll miss a goal when you shoot!"

Carbonox

I love the new UI. The current one is fucking dutty.

Hard not to get excited for the annual FIFA upon announcement. :lol

deleted

Thanks to the PC community and the moddingway.com patches I've had stuff like that for months. Techfit shirts, new stadiums, more player faces more footballs the list goes on. I see no reason why it shouldn't be IN THE GAME (hur hur) because lately with the FIFA series it's most definitely not.

What are the essentials? I'm thinking about getting Fifa13 on PC, but I heard it's between 12 and 13 on consoles.

sunnz

It would leave them dead in the water. FIFA sells so many consoles in europe

Yes but those who play fifa already have a console to play it, I really doubt fifa 14 on the wiiu will make much difference, probably do worse than BO2 IMO.

BUT I understand and hope it does come on the wiiu, like how I want a vita version that is a very good version even though it won't do that well ( not sure how fifa football or 13 did on the vita)

VITA= buy

No vita, no buy as I don't enjoy playing fifa much on the console unlike the occasional game on the vita.

flippedb

Banned
Wii U version will be the same as PS4/Durango and will be announced on a different event.

I'm willing to place an avatar bet on that.

Wii U version will be the same as PS4/Durango and will be announced on a different event.

You're probably right, but only because PS4/Durango versions will be the same as 360/PS3 (with an increased resolution that the Wii U is not going to see).

Only when they make the actual next gen skip, ala FIFA 10, the Wii U version will be left behind.

BD1

Banned

I've wondered if that's the scenario myself. Especially since we've gotten some info here on GAF that Tiger Woods '15 is in development for Wii U.

But that's also probably wishful thinking. EA just doesn't seem to give a crap about Nintendo.

flippedb

Banned
PS4/Durango versions could be different from PS360 ones, being based on Wii U's version which will probably be different than PS360.

Didn't Wii U's version of FIFA 13 already had a couple graphical changes? It's already doing something PS360 aren't.

Massa

PS4/Durango versions could be different from PS360 ones, being based on Wii U's version which will probably be different than PS360.

Didn't Wii U's version of FIFA 13 already had a couple graphical changes? It's already doing something PS360 aren't.

FIFA 13 for the Wii U was based on FIFA 12 for PC.

FIFA doesn't sell Nintendo consoles.

No, but for a console that Nintendo are trying to promote as being stocked with third-party support, not getting hugely popular EA Sports franchises is a real negative.

I guess they might announce it at a later date, but I can't think of a good reason why they wouldn't just announce support for it right now - it's out there and on store shelves.

flippedb

Banned
FIFA 13 for the Wii U was based on FIFA 12 for PC.

I know, it had graphical upgrades, the game mechanics were obviously inferior to FIFA 13's on PS360. If I remember correctly, the textures were higher res, plus, you had the same game running on the Game Pad, I even believe the Game Pad transmission could use a different camera from what you'd see on the TV.

Espresso

Banned
No, but for a console that Nintendo are trying to promote as being stocked with third-party support, not getting hugely popular EA Sports franchises is a real negative.

I guess they might announce it at a later date, but I can't think of a good reason why they wouldn't just announce support for it right now - it's out there and on store shelves.

Is there any chance at all that Nintendo will form their own sports division in the absence of EA sports games availability on their console, a la Sega with 2K Sports during the Dreamcast era?

Top Bottom