• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 14 Announced (360/PS3/PC, Vita?/PSP?)

Frodo

Take-Two made the decision not to make a Wii U SKU for GTAV long before there were any sales figures.

Konami made the decision not to make a Wii U SKU of MGSV long before there were any sales figures.

I'm not sure why people keep acting surprised that publishers make decisions based on expectation and forecasting.

But in these cases no one promised the famous "unprecedented support", which ironically enough is exactly what they are doing.

Frodo

Nothing "unprecedented" about it. They've done this very thing before with the Dreamcast.

Did EA went on stage to promise support for Sega and then months before the Dreamcast release changed their mind and cancelled everything? Oh, didn't know that!

EDarkness

Did EA went on stage to promise support for Sega and then months before the Dreamcast release changed their mind and cancelled everything? Oh, didn't know that!

Doesn't matter what they did on stage. Their action here is the same as with the Dreamcast. But hey, let's not "count Nintendo out".

Desaan

I can see it now, it's the final minute, no next gen announcement for FIFA 14 and Konami step in with a Fox Engine PES and all of sudden they are right back in the game! (Flagged offside by bionic linesman who sees everything in lateral lines).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wait a psp version but no wiiu? Wow...lol

At least this confirms a 3DS version is probably coming. Yeah, I know it's not mentioned in the Famitsu article, but 3DS SKUs aren't released in Japan, don't know why.

EDIT: I mean, because there are portable SKUs.

tri_willy

god i hope they fix the atrocity that is online clubs for FIFA 14 PC. that was the biggest fuck up in FIFA 13 in addition to other features that were not available

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I can see it now, it's the final minute, no next gen announcement for FIFA 14 and Konami step in with a Fox Engine PES and all of sudden they are right back in the game! (Flagged offside by bionic linesman who sees everything in lateral lines).

I know you're kidding but:

EA said:
We're also investing in Gen 4 console technologies and content. We've signaled that we are working on the next editions of our two biggest franchises in Battlefield and
FIFA, and we look forward to discussing these programs and many others with you when we provide our fiscal 2014 guidance in May.
Source: http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...43dc-9cf3-138385a4e30c/Q3 FY13 Transcript.pdf

Kyoufu

At least this confirms a 3DS version is probably coming. Yeah, I know it's not mentioned in the Famitsu article, but 3DS SKUs aren't released in Japan, don't know why.

How does this confirm a 3DS version when there has been no mention of it?

Mpl90

How does this confirm a 3DS version when there has been no mention of it?

Because PSP and Vita SKUs mean EA isn't abandoning portable consoles all together, and if there are Vita and PSP SKUs, there's going to be a 3DS one at 99.9%. Moreover, since the report comes from Famitsu, there's a reason why a 3DS sku isn't mentioned: the last two FIFA games on 3DS never got released in Japan.

Kyoufu

Because PSP and Vita SKUs mean EA isn't abandoning portable consoles all together. Since the report comes from Famitsu, there's a reason why a 3DS sku isn't mentioned: the last two FIFA games on 3DS never got released in Japan.

I don't know how you're adding this all up.

Console versions have been announced. Does it mean a Wii U version is also coming?

(I imagine they will, but I don't know how you can be so confident given EA's relationship with Nintendo right now)

Because PSP and Vita SKUs mean EA isn't abandoning portable consoles all together, and if there are Vita and PSP SKUs, there's going to be a 3DS one at 99.9%. Moreover, since the report comes from Famitsu, there's a reason why a 3DS sku isn't mentioned: the last two FIFA games on 3DS never got released in Japan.

It doesn't mean a 3ds version is coming.

Is the Famitsu page confirming the PSP/PSV SKUs from EA, or is it assuming? The link to the Japanese EA site doesn't have platforms (at least that I can find).

Mileena

Banned
No Wii U announcement is...strange

EA is plotting something!
Seriously?

I'm starting to think its strange when Wii U does get a version. This is the norm now.

You are the master of spin. Nintendo should give you a job!

Mpl90

It doesn't mean a 3ds version is coming.

The last FIFAs news on Famitsu have always featured the consoles on which the game comes out in Japan. Example:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201208/15019691.html

A news about FIFA 13 where there are no mentions of 3DS or PS2 at all, and in the West we had those versions too. Wii U version got separate articles then, since it came out later. And Wii U actually saw FIFA 13. This makes me much more worried about FIFA on Wii U.

Majmun

EA is going all out at nintendo, haha fan times ahead.

Looking forward to it
i5eIUDKCbr4KC.gif

Mpl90

No PS2 support. :eek: No sports games on an old console settles a definitive farewell.

PS2 SKU didn't see a release last years in Japan, but it did in the West. So, it's not the definitive signal it won't be there anymore.

Kenka

If no FIFA on Wii U, then I hope Nintendo will not be tempted to buy EA. This would probably generate an epic backlash from the gamers.

waters10

Neo Member
All I need from a new Fifa, is co-op versus CPU, just like the F1 game. I can't believe we have yearly iterations of this game and this is still not there. If you can't bring co-op, then bring at least 2vs2 online, ranked! They made a big deal about 2vs2 being in the game for Fifa 13, but it was BS, since you could only do it with 2 players on the same console.

Linkup

Wii U version will likely tie into the 3DS version and come a bit later.

Stop overreacting. The term manchild fits to well when ppl act like this.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
I'm really excited about being able to shield again, especially off ball. Its an important tool for my style of play but FIFA has always been severely lacking when it comes to positioning and using strength. I need to be able to body up dudes to protect the ball and body up to hold the ball up at the front line. You never could do any of this and i just couldn't understand why. The closest they got was back in like FIFA 9 or 10 where you could practically lock down dudes on your back and spin on em but there was a good chance it would get stuck in that animation and you couldn't really ever hold it that long.

Yopis

Fifa soccer on Vita was not 12 or 13 they just called it Fifa soccer. Second release was Fifa 13 so they got tons of flack since it didn't have the same features as the others. They will probably announce another version that has 12 engine or something like that for Vita and WiiU which had version 12.5

Can't wait to see how the PC version turns out. lool

Remember when they kept using the old engine for the pc version saying "pc's couldn't handle the game"? :lol

Yeah I'm fearing that again.

Believe FC will survive, nothing can get in our way of glory.

Should all the wiiu talk be split into its own topic so the people who want can discuss fifa?
Perhaps, but if that ends up the norm with every forthcoming game announcement, there'd probably need to be a sub-forum dedicated to those threads.
Wii U version will likely tie into the 3DS version and come a bit later.

Stop overreacting. The term manchild fits to well when ppl act like this.
JenniferLawrencesays"Okay."sarcastically.gif

Brinbe

Hope they continue to work on the defending, that's been my major problem for many years now. The focus is almost always on the attacking game and the other side of the coin is oft ignored.

nampad

It was always unrealistic to expect that the Vita version will have feature parity. Even the PC had to suffer through shitty versions for most of the time. I am sure it will be released and the only feature I really want is tactical defending. Don't want to change my playstyle switching from consoles to handheld back and forth. Was the only reason I didn't bought the last two.
Impact engine would be nice too. Hope they at least update the game with some features and I will be fine. Another roster update would be devastating.
After all it still will be the best portable Fifa.

fiyah

People need to stop over-reacting it's FIFA! It's gonna be on toasters for christ's sakes. What you should be concerned about is the actual engine that will be powering the game on your console of choice. I know my favorite console to play fifa on is my Vita and I was hugely disappointed when last year's game was just FIFA 12 branded as FIFA 13. However, I didn't buy 13 on Vita I bought it for my PS3 but if they would release FIFA 14 on the Vita with 13's engine and features. I would be more than happy because 13 is a fine game. I quite sure they will release a version of 14 for Wii and Wii U because not doing so would be like leaving money on the table. However, I think bout versions might just be roster updates of last year's game.

Doesn't matter what they did on stage. Their action here is the same as with the Dreamcast. But hey, let's not "count Nintendo out".

Their public attitude was markedly different between late 2011 and May 2012. It's not "just business". There's fertile ground for journalists if they want to plough it, but my suspicion is that there is a fear of upsetting EA or Nintendo, which doesn't help their credibility.

Griffin

Remember when they kept using the old engine for the pc version saying "pc's couldn't handle the game"? :lol

Yeah I'm fearing that again.

Believe FC will survive, nothing can get in our way of glory.

PC version was superior this year.

Fast interface, better AA and graphics and all features that console had. Only thing that sucked was the small online community.

I wish they'd spend more time polishing the engine rather than doing a roster refresh and adding new features (that may or may not work) every year, but that's a bit of a pipe dream. Not sure if I'll be on a new console or sticking with the 360 this Fall - guess I'll make a decision on that as we get closer to launch.

Top Bottom