• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2011 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I hope this loss doesn't demoralise the girls too much. Women's football in Mexico is sadly an afterthought. We don't even have a professional girl's league, mainly because of the population's mindset that girl's football is boring.

I'm still proud of them (lol England must really be shit)!

antipod

Brobzoid said:
I'm a bit offended that the tv broadcaster that bought the rights in my country, who has three channels btw, are only showing it online as a stream, some of the matches even using other broadcasters commentators I think. Norway is ranked as one of the best in this shit - where the fuck is the support? >:c

That sucks. :/ Compare that to Sweden where TV4 sends like every game in either the main channel or one of the sister channels along with streams. And not only Sweden's games but every game. I can't think that people in Norway cares much less for your team than we ours.

kottila

Brobzoid said:
I'm a bit offended that the tv broadcaster that bought the rights in my country, who has three channels btw, are only showing it online as a stream, some of the matches even using other broadcasters commentators I think. Norway is ranked as one of the best in this shit - where the fuck is the support? >:c

What? every Norwegian game is live on NRK1 and they showed the opening match there as well.
Every game is streamed online and most of them have local commentators, it's just the uninteresting group matches that have english commentators (and be honest, how many Norwegians have any interest in Equatorial Guinea - Brazil with or without local commentators.

Any place I can watch the New Zealand - England game? For some reason, the FIFA stream says that I cannot watch it in my region (Canada).

Kurtofan

fadetoblack said:
Any place I can watch the New Zealand - England game? For some reason, the FIFA stream says that I cannot watch it in my region (Canada).
That's because it's not about teams from your world region I suppose.

xintin

didnt know there was a thread for the tournament. this game has come alive since the last goal by scott!

shame i missed japan styling :(

edit - holy hell that was insane in front of goal! nice comeback

Mohonky

Is there anywhere I can watch these on the internet? Seeing as how no broadcaster in Australia is showing anything but the Matilda's matches.....

Mohonky

Great goal. Columbia are going to get smashed this game, the US just look like they are running a training session.

Oh and damn the US has some hotties in the squad.

Gamecocks625 said:
Watching our women's team is actually more entertaining than our men's team :(
That's always how it's been. Unlike with our men, we actually spend a great deal on our women's team in comparison with the rest of the world.

xintin

Gamecocks625 said:
nothing to be sad about, at least one of our national teams know what the hell they are doing out there xD

Cheney kind of on fire today :)

Gamecocks625 said:

Just imagine how good our men's team would be if little boys cared about Soccer like little girls do.

and Columbia is playing rough.

giga

Gamecocks625 said:
Soccer is the most popular sport for young females right? Young males go into football, basketball, and baseball here before soccer. :/

giga said:
Soccer is the most popular sport for young females right? Young males go into football, basketball, and baseball here before soccer. :/

I believe it is because how much the big three are shoved down our throats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom