• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Women's World Cup 2011 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
giga said:
Soccer is the most popular sport for young females right? Young males go into football, basketball, and baseball here before soccer. :/

Soccer is also the cheapest sport to play, and considering that you're not going to making huge cash as a female sports player, it makes sense. Also, parents are very willing to let their daughters play soccer as it's cheap to sign them up and keep them busy..

Males go into the sports where the big bucks are made, where you'll be seen on TV all the time if you're a success. It's not a huge surprise.

I do wonder about sport popularity between soccer and softball for young girls. I expect soccer to be more popular (it's arguably a more feminine sport) but getting a breakdown would be cool.

No offense to Colombia, but most of them look no taller than four feet something, stocky and big boobs, trying to keep up with, lean, mean tall, aerodynamic US women.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follow that Wambach!

timetokill said:
Soccer is also the cheapest sport to play, and considering that you're not going to making huge cash as a female sports player, it makes sense. Also, parents are very willing to let their daughters play soccer as it's cheap to sign them up and keep them busy..

Males go into the sports where the big bucks are made, where you'll be seen on TV all the time if you're a success. It's not a huge surprise.

I do wonder about sport popularity between soccer and softball for young girls. I expect soccer to be more popular (it's arguably a more feminine sport) but getting a breakdown would be cool.

Are you talking about the US?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
CaptYamato said:
Where are you located? I was talking about Pacific time.

I meant local to germany where the match is being played. by comparison it's 20:13 there now.

Brobzoid said:
I meant local to germany where the match is being played. by comparison it's 20:13 there now.

Oh ok. You blew my mind. I thought they were playing really early in the morning my time. hahaha. I know the time difference between Cali and Germany very well.

Few of my friends were at the match today. Need to go through and see if any of them where caught on tape.

Blackhead

Redarse
Why are the female goalkeepers so small? Many of the ones I've seen so far this World Cup are the among the shortest on their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom