• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fight for the Future SF3

Haven't played this game in a while and popped it in like 2 nights ago after some brief training mode I played arcade mode on highest difficulty. Took almost allnight to beat, damn.
Akuma is so freaking hard! I must have continued against him atleast 30 times.. and I consider myself pretty decent too.

I thought he deals/takes more damage then regular shotos, by Ken got owned many times. Everytime I missed a shoryuken he does combo into super which does more then my best combo on him. Cheap bastard! I also had difficulties parrying his dive kick because he varied it and i could only punish with Fierce.

I also recalled some difficultes against Ryu and Dudley.

ourumov

I have left the SFIII world for a few months and began trying hard to master the V-ISM of Alpha 3.
With the upcoming PSP release I have to recover my skills !!! It's kinda sad the V-ISM of the Alpha series makes so characters SO UNBALANCED...

i'm kinda excited at the psp version but at the same time i can't play worth jack on the pad because i'm so used to sticks now. so probably no v-ism for me even though its the most dominant.

Think i'll just stick with my A/X Karin.

ourumov

I was never interested in V-ISM till the day I saw the video of the Japanese finals. 2 Goukis in V-ISM.
It was almost incredible to see that battle...mostly because the combos done in V-ISM made the opononent fly from left to right without stop.

I wish Capcom had allowed us to keep the all-in-one ISMS of Street Fighter Zero 2. IMHO, the custom combo (where the V-ISM originated from) and the Zero bar should be there altogether. In that sense I would use the custom combo just a desesperate move when you are at the end of the fight.

Papi

ourumov said:
I was never interested in V-ISM till the day I saw the video of the Japanese finals. 2 Goukis in V-ISM.
It was almost incredible to see that battle...mostly because the combos done in V-ISM made the opononent fly from left to right without stop.
I must see this video.

ourumov

I have it...give me a gmail adress or some mail that allows for big files and I send it to you...
At the beginning both oponents are interviewed. One says that his oponent is pretty good and that he'll do his best...The other is a bit badass and says that he doesn't believe he is gonna loose.
The last one wins.

Laurent

Buying Street Fighter Aniversary Collection for PlayStation 2 was an important thing I swore myself of doing years ago. I never had bought any Street Fighter games (my neighbor had his copy of Super Street Fighter II back then, and I didn't have the money to throw just for the sake of having mine) and I wasn't interested in buying a game that wasn't a perfect arcade conversion. The only thing I miss is the absence of Street Fighter Alpha series on that disc...

And what's the deal with Street Fighter EX3? I bought it a couple of months ago and it sucked so hard, I exchange it for DDR Extreme. I think Capcom need to create a 3D fighter that can hold against Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur, Tekken and Dead or Alive. Why creating a Final Fight clone like Beat Down, when they could have perfected their engine in creating the perfect 3D fighter?

I love 2D, but 3D is good also...

Top Bottom