• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop joking about a permaban for Karsticles pls. :(
N0PF7Gb.jpg
Someone understands

The worst isn't even 2 hit blockstun resulting in guard cancels. This tells you it's possible to set up some tick grabs. The worst is that some people can actually GC on the first fucking hit. In a room full of GC beasts you may as well be playing Guilty Gear with a Baiken character lock lol.
TvC and MvC3 had camera zoom in and it didn't seem that bad. I wouldn't expect EVERY move to have some special zoom in, unless it is a cinematic which is pretty seldom I presume.
Capcom fighters almost all have way too much camera zoom from super activation to all the fancy "cinematics" that spend too much time outside of the regular 2D plane imo.
Shoto boxer with unblockables tho. He's cool D:
He is cool. If I had to choose a VSav secondary it'd be him. I just HATE that Hsien-Ko's gong can't reflect his fireball. It makes fighting him a major pain in the ass.
During my time playing the game on GGPO I don't think I fought him much. Is he a hard character to get?
No, the hardest characters to play in VSav are Zabel, BB Hood, Hsien-Ko and Anakaris. I say Anak because trying to win without guard cancels, the shittiest GC in the game (breathe easy, Hsien-Ko) and with other baggage is a hard thing to deal with.
Getting back into Skullgirls in between building up my Destiny toon.

Man I love this game. I love the feel of it more than any other modern fighting game.

Beowulf is sooooo good. They put a lot of love into the new story mode additions too. Seeing Annie in Beowulf's story mode brought back good times from the character vote thread.

<3 Lab Zero. Day 1 pledge for Indivisible.
ya, beowulf is pretty cool. I kinda feel like he's their best animated character. Looking at Filia compared Beowulf and it feels like they improved a lot over the development of the game.

Killing two birds with one stone. Nothing is going to beat Peacock for a while. I think she has a bit over 2000 frames of animation just on her own. Third Strike can eat it's heart out.

I started something just now, didn't I? Pls, I like 3S, guys.
never get involved in roster threads yo
You gotta build up gaf experience somewhere.
A lot of the bans where from comic scan requests, but then Karst tried to go in on some guy trolling.. RIP
He saved me, but he couldn't save himself.

RIP

Zissou

Xrd question: I'm doing a combo in training mode. It's always against Sol, I always start it when he's at full health with no risc gauge, but sometimes it does 185 dmg, and sometimes it does 206 dmg. What the hell is going on? o_O

shaowebb

Wait, Karst was banned over anime somehow? What thread? What did he do or say? I thought he was mainly hanging out in the SFV thread and I didn't see anything there...

DunpealD

Lol that Shiro video

I got lucky a lot in that set. Except that raw ultra, -everyone- backdashes after air resets against Abel.
Luck is also a skill!

Yeah, it looks like there are some situations where people react in a prefered way. Like the snackish special back then.

Wait, Karst was banned over anime somehow? What thread? What did he do or say? I thought he was mainly hanging out in the SFV thread and I didn't see anything there...

He got banned
like a red headed stepchild
. If it's no longer in his history you better ask him yourself. Some things you are just not meant to know.

crash-14

How much money is being added to Dreamhack aside from the $15k that Capcom gives?

Yeah, apart from Japan and Brazil, the players to win an auto qual will likely be players with a lot of points already. Dreamhack, SCR, Italy, and Canada Cup should likely be won by players like Luffy, Bonchan, Snake Eyez, Xiaohai, Poongko, Dieminion, etc... who are already guaranteed to be in Capcom Cup, but aren't "Officially Qualified." This is assuming that players like Daigo, Momochi, Gamerbee, Infiltration, etc... all go to those events.

Dreamhack London was 5000$ prize pool just for top 4 (half goes to the winner). So at least that amount

shaowebb

He got banned
like a red headed stepchild
. If it's no longer in his history you better ask him yourself. Some things you are just not meant to know.

I don't have contact stuff outside of here. What, did they finally rule the "fuck anime" thing as harassment or did he post scans or something? Worst I saw was in this week's tourney thread someone had fun trolling with T Hawk making out with Zangief...

DunpealD

I don't have contact stuff outside of here. What, did they finally rule the "fuck anime" thing as harassment or did he post scans or something? Worst I saw was in this week's tourney thread someone had fun trolling with T Hawk making out with Zangief...

I'm pretty sure it's not the "fuck anime" thing, even though I wouldn't mind that being banned for annoyance and a meme that has overstayed it's welcome.

My advice is as long as you don't troll and stay civil you don't have to worry about being banned.

jerry1594

He said trolls come from troubled homes according to studies or something, after people were trolling I guess, and somebody said that disrespectful or whatever.

DunpealD

He said trolls come from troubled homes according to studies or something, after people were trolling I guess, and somebody said that disrespectful or whatever.

Ah yes, I forgot to mention he was in the infamous graveyard called SFV Roster discussion thread.

www.twitch.tv/geekygoonsquad
Melee Top8

Some German (Overtriforce, Sheik) guy going even with Armada! :O

EDIT-Update: G2 and G3 went to the last stock.

Armada's been using Fox from G3 onwards.

Armada takes it.

Over's recoveries were ridiculous. Nairing a turnip so he could get hit by it again and get back onstage, walljumping on Yoshi's Story to land on the cloud.

Insane, just insane. I hope we'll get Grand Finals with Armada v. Overtriforce.

Westballz has been playing a lot of Captain Falcon and it's just not convincing. Not at the level of his Falco at all.

shaowebb

Ah well that'd do it I guess.

I'm pretty sure it's not the "fuck anime" thing, even though I wouldn't mind that being banned for annoyance and a meme that has overstayed it's welcome.

Pretty much how I feel. When there are enough anime related fighting games to do a full tourney and EVO of just them then its more than a little harassing to play up the "fuck anime" thing in any manner. It shuts down any will for some to try and talk about over half the fighting games out right now and thats a pretty big amount of discussion that just goes "poof" in its infancy. You get some hard asses that'll stubbornly fight for stuff to get itself noticed but for the most part people just don't want to be a part of a thread that tends to target them negatively. I'm not for segregating anime fighters and other either because that just emphasizes a seperation in the genre when they should all be discussed together too.

Sooner folks rule "fuck anime" as harassment the better in my eyes. There are a lot of interesting things to talk about in those games.

shaowebb

what? I thought 'fuck anime' was referring to the off topic anime discussion that often happens in fgw (rip) threads.

Both most times. Folks who don't have things to add tend to jump into anime fighting game discussions with a lot of one liners and gifs and it turns into that really.

Right now we have:
  • Aquapazza
  • Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!
  • Blade Arcus
  • Blaz Blue Chrono Phantasma Extend
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
  • Guilty Gear Xrd (and Revelator soon)
  • Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle
  • Persona 4 Ultimax
  • Under Night in Birth exe latest
  • Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm

...as anime titles that folks dont talk about what tools the characters use and what the meta in those games are like. It'd be nice to hear more breakdowns of characters, their specials, their strengths and real talk on these games more. Even if the meta is lopsided its not like Marvel wasn't lopsided and it had mutliple threads of talk. There's always something interesting to find in a tourney level fighting game so we should try to incorporate stuff on these more.

I've discovered a LOT of unique and interesting stuff these past 2 years by scouring info on these series that I would have never really learned about had I stuck with whatever the top flavors were in my normal threads. Just the meta of fighting chain users like Scharlacrott or Hazama alone was something wild to get into. But then I found stuff like Dorothy's trap cards in Arcana Heart and the whole "equip a whole character's amount of tools on anyone" thing with arcanas, status effect strategies in Persona 4 Ultimax, zoning in Aquapazza using Manaka's bizzarre movement tricks and books...theres a lot of stuff.

DunpealD

Both most times. Folks who don't have things to add tend to jump into anime fighting game discussions with a lot of one liners and gifs and it turns into that really.

Right now we have:
  • Aquapazza
  • Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!
  • Blade Arcus
  • Blaz Blue Chrono Phantasma Extend
  • Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
  • Guilty Gear Xrd (and Revelator soon)
  • Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle
  • Persona 4 Ultimax
  • Under Night in Birth exe latest
  • Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm

...as anime titles that folks dont talk about what tools the characters use and what the meta in those games are like. It'd be nice to hear more breakdowns of characters, their specials, their strengths and real talk on these games more. Even if the meta is lopsided its not like Marvel wasn't lopsided and it had mutliple threads of talk. There's always something interesting to find in a tourney level fighting game so we should try to incorporate stuff on these more.

I wish we could add HnK to that list. That game looks nuts. Arcsys pls.

saying "fuck anime" before discussing anime in-depth is just a preamble. It's to let people know that even though you know more about anime than any well-adjusted person should, it's not like you're one of those people or anything. It's the "no homo" of 2015.

but seriously though, fuck anime

shaowebb

People play ASB?

Ya know, I'm not certain. Its as current as some of the others I listed so I threw it on there because I'd like to know more about it. No one talks about these things though...it has a pretty insane series to pull movesets from though and as such I'd bet its got a lot of unique movesets and stuff in it. I'd like to know more. Touching base with fighters folks overlook for the more western fan favorite sequels has shown me a lot of great and innovative stuff I'd like to see more of. I'm betting Jojo probably has something in there I'd find interesting.

It'd be crazy informative to do a Top 10 most interesting movesets in Anime fighters discussion. So many fucked up toolsets these days...

DunpealD

Ya know, I'm not certain. Its as current as some of the others I listed so I threw it on there because I'd like to know more about it. No one talks about these things though...it has a pretty insane series to pull movesets from though and as such I'd bet its got a lot of unique movesets and stuff in it. I'd like to know more. Touching base with fighters folks overlook for the more western fan favorite sequels has shown me a lot of great and innovative stuff I'd like to see more of. I'm betting Jojo probably has something in there I'd find interesting.

If you're looking for a weird relatively unknown fighter I suggest Martial Masters.

shaowebb

If you're looking for a weird relatively unknown fighter I suggest Martial Masters.

I'm familiar. It has the crazy idle animations like the crane and drunk dudes. I was mainly focussing on stuff current enough that its still making appearances at tournies. If I included retro I'd throw things like Dark Awake and Rumble Fish in there.

I'm mainly saying I'd wish we'd focus more discussion on whats out there in current anime fighters. That top 10 idea though is pretty fun so I may make a run at that sometime so folks can post unique and crazy anime fighter movesets and strategies. Blaz Blue would hold at LEAST 3 slots on my list with Hazama Azrael and Nu's stuff. That whole game if flooded with unique and cool movesets. I might consider certain Arcana's a character unto themself in my list considering they are a full character's worth of tools even though they can be equipped on anyone you want in Arcana Heart. That one with the turning your opponent into a slime monster thing is just nuts!

DunpealD

I'm familiar. It has the crazy idle animations like the crane and drunk dudes. I was mainly focussing on stuff current enough that its still making appearances at tournies. If I included retro I'd throw things like Dark Awake and Rumble Fish in there.

I'm mainly saying I'd wish we'd focus more discussion on whats out there in current anime fighters. That top 10 idea though is pretty fun so I may make a run at that sometime so folks can post unique and crazy anime fighter movesets and strategies. Blaz Blue would hold at LEAST 3 slots on my list with Hazama Azrael and Nu's stuff. That whole game if flooded with unique and cool movesets. I might consider certain Arcana's a character unto themself in my list considering they are a full character's worth of tools even though they can be equipped on anyone you want in Arcana Heart. That one with the turning your opponent into a slime monster thing is just nuts!

I'd say the problem here is it's a big pool of games, but a small pool of players on here. While I liked BB before I have settled down to SF. Issues for me are that ASW update scheme really killed my interest and games like Aquapazza, Battle Fantasia, UNIEL, etc. online seems rather dead or have meh netcode which makes it hard to play at all. Something like Fightcade might benefit those niche games.

ShinMaruku

Sci like DJ is making Jamaicans look bad. We don't even say boolit we said led an coppa inna man hed.
This is why I will never condone DJ in sf ever.

Anyhow doing a short tag strat stream at www.twitch.tv/shinmaruku for those who want to understand tag and how it's a great too to expand your character pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom