• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinMaruku

Found 2 takers with Momiji and Nyo Tengu, when they are ready I will be posting the guides with their help. Would you lot like some vids too?

Tripon

MLG is creating a Smash circuit for 2016. Smash 4 confirmed, with Melee a possibility. Dallas and Anahiem confirmed.

Smash is eSports again.

Lack of evidence is not evidence of lack. I'm pretty comfortable with knowing that I find it easiest to digest kinetic information, then visual, and I don't retain or track well with verbal data. I tend to tune out most verbal sources of information. If someone says their name, seeing it written helps me pronounce it. I can't make out lyrics most of the time in songs. There's just a disconnect with my ears somewhere.

https://twitter.com/HelloKittyRicky/status/647608082571268096

Ricki says that Bison scissor kicks are safe on block in the latest build. Nooooooooo.
Why wouldn't it be safe on block?! The character would be pretty bad without that...

pixelish

nemo wins 10-9 against snake. great series

nemo first won 4 straight games but snake almost download completed him and won 7 straight after.

NEO0MJ

This is what I get for shorthand writing.

Bishamon is annoying as fuck for Lei Lei. He has a good guard cancel, meaty ass normals, he can deal some big damage with EX moves and worst of all, his stupid fireball is basically Halo sword glitch that he can even EX pursuit.

During my time playing the game on GGPO I don't think I fought him much. Is he a hard character to get?

SamVimes

During my time playing the game on GGPO I don't think I fought him much. Is he a hard character to get?

I think the consensus is that he's pretty bad, i'm a complete scrub at the game but i like him a lot.

Actually nevermind, i was thinking of Anakaris.

Zissou

I spent like 8 hours in training mode trying to figure out which combos off Mays slide RRC worked on who. I am full God's Beard mode o_O

TheChits

The commentary during this Vega/Ryu match
KuGsj.gif

crash-14

The Norway Ranking Event it's going to leave some people right in the battle for Capcom Cup

Shiro 49
Phenom 37
Pro Fluke 28
Gonzalez 20

Only Problem X has a big amount of points. Veggey it's in top 8 winners so he also has a chance to make a top 2 and enter the fight. I'll be surprise if this isn't the top 6

I still think it's a mistake that none american went there...

Shiro sent Problem X to losers in order to make top 8 winners

right now in winners we have

Phenom vs Shiro
Veggey vs Pro Fluke/Gonzalez

http://www.twitch.tv/rbnorway

Tripon

SCR is in two weeks and it'll be the first real test of the CPT rule that if top 4 already qualified, then the automatic spot goes to an open spot for the field.

shaowebb

He streams every week or every other week. He'll say on Twitter what he's running in advance.

I only follow his TVC facebook stuff though and just tune in on twitch notifications. Looks like I need to start actually using Twitter for more than occassional dev questions.

Rhapsody

Banned
LOL, I love "XrdR" when said as one word.

Can you guys tell me who I should look up for Dizzy and Testament play from AC+?

I don't see that many Testament players for +R. Dizzy, Look for Makkii and Kazuki.
Machaboo as Jam. Kazunoko does some matches too. I think one stream had Teresa Jam, but I need to look for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8xGwqOFR3w

Edit: And here's all the info for Jam's gatlings and frame data
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snh9jn
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snh50s
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/kakuge_database/32957264.html

Looks like Goldenrody's channel has even more of the godsgarden stream

crash-14

Leaving the same I left at the FGW thread

Problem X 4th give him 166 points. Not much but 16 points always can help.

Phenom gets 32 points to reach 69. Probably has lost his chance to get to capcom cup (Not many tournaments he can show and place top 3 imo). Bison's damage output it's a big handicap... Specially against characters like Seth and Abel.

Gonzalez, who had 20 points, now enters top 32 with 84 points.

Shiro might be in capcom cup (177 points) right now 22th.

Will see what happens at EGX. Another big premier event. Don't know if Problem X and Pro Fluke will go back to UK in order to play the tournament. Today was the last chance qualifier, won by Valmaster against Luffy (They're both qualified along with Cuongster, Will2pac, Ryan hart and 5 more players).

At the moment biggest winner it's Shiro."Losers" are Phenom and Latif .

Man I wanted Phenom and Latif in. At least Gonzalez didn't take 128 points. 4 Seth players it's to much...

crash-14

But does it really matter that rule?

The way points are spread, it's almost a given that players in top 32 not qualified via ranking event will enter capcom cup.
Unless there's an scenario where a player that has less than 32 points places 3-4th and players above are already qualified, I can't see how that rule it's going to affect...

Only premier events that can't deny that are CPT Asia finals (At the moment MOV it's the only player that's not already in top 32) and Dreamhack Winter (The tournament with biggest prize pool besides EVO). Those tournaments don't give points. But it'll be a big surprise if the winner it's not already in Capcom Cup (Directly or points)

But does it really matter that rule?

The way points are spread, it's almost a given that players in top 32 not qualified via ranking event will enter capcom cup.
Unless there's an scenario where a player that has less than 32 points places 3-4th and players above are already qualified, I can't see how that rule it's going to affect...

Only premier events that can't deny that are CPT Asia finals (At the moment MOV it's the only player that's not already in top 32) and Dreamhack Winter (The tournament with biggest prize pool besides EVO). Those tournaments don't give points. But it'll be a big surprise if the winner it's not already in Capcom Cup (Directly or points)

How much money is being added to Dreamhack aside from the $15k that Capcom gives?

Yeah, apart from Japan and Brazil, the players to win an auto qual will likely be players with a lot of points already. Dreamhack, SCR, Italy, and Canada Cup should likely be won by players like Luffy, Bonchan, Snake Eyez, Xiaohai, Poongko, Dieminion, etc... who are already guaranteed to be in Capcom Cup, but aren't "Officially Qualified." This is assuming that players like Daigo, Momochi, Gamerbee, Infiltration, etc... all go to those events.

DunpealD

Shiro finally winning his first CPT ranking tournament. Time for him to party!

Looks like he's in a good spot to participate in Capcom Cup unless the top dogs stop gatekeeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom