• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Community || Stream Monster Headquarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

Any fighting game is on that level, the true question is if the developers and publishers want to put in money. All LoL is is marketing money.

Meant audience and views. The quality of fighters(gameplay) is highest of any genre. Mostly speaking as a fan i mean.
Unfortunately Capcom and the like won't put in the cash to make this appear on the radar for people.

notworksafe

We've been dealing with that in CO for years, lol. SoulCalibur 4 nationals is the biggest example, but there's tons of smaller, local stuff that was going on.

DancingfighterG and Cutthroat LLC. Went bankrupt so they wouldn't have to pay people, but immediately made a different company doing the same things.

Dude tried to make people pay to get into his house because it was inconveniencing his SO.
DFG was the exact person I was talking about. He took a good name with NVGA (started in combo with New Mexican TOs and gamers) and ran it into the ground. Dude really fucked up what could have been an awesome thing.

lol at charging people to go to his house. I've been running a weekly event for our scene for 6 years (in November) and I've never asked for a dime. Of course there have been plenty of gifts of food, drinks, chairs, as well as people bringing their own stuff over to make it a good time for everyone.

notworksafe

Can't even imagine those numbers for anything other than SF.
3-7mil is maybe a possibilty in a few years and a couple of tours later but 18?

most of the international pot was funded by the fans via the compendium system, valve only put a bit in the pot to start.

Numb

most of the international pot was funded by the fans via the compendium system, valve only put a bit in the pot to start.

I know. Tour is Sony cash aswell. The thing is Capcom isn't doing much. If they asked the fans too to put in and the dlc cash went towards it i can see it going pretty high up there.

notworksafe

I know. Tour is Sony cash aswell. The thing is Capcom isn't doing much. If they asked the fans too to put in and the dlc cash went towards it i can see it going pretty high up there.

ya i'm expecting they'll put out a dlc costume or two with the proceeds going towards pot bonuses.

Numb

ya i'm expecting they'll put out a dlc costume or two with the proceeds going towards pot bonuses.

That would be amazing. SFV pro tour next year could have a serious pot for Infiltration.
Don't ever buy dlc but if i know it's going to the players i'm putting down the cash.

Skilletor

DFG was the exact person I was talking about. He took a good name with NVGA (started in combo with New Mexican TOs and gamers) and ran it into the ground. Dude really fucked up what could have been an awesome thing.

lol at charging people to go to his house. I've been running a weekly event for our scene for 6 years (in November) and I've never asked for a dime. Of course there have been plenty of gifts of food, drinks, chairs, as well as people bringing their own stuff over to make it a good time for everyone.

Yeah, fuck that guy. Super sad to see him turn into such an asshole. Used to be a cool dude I'd play SoulCal 2 with for hours and hours.

In other news, my cab might be all wired up tomorrow night for my local gatherings. :D

Super excited about it. :D :D :D

notworksafe

You should come down for one of our events sometime, mang. We've put Chavelo in charge of running shit for the bigger events now that I'm worn down and become a crotchety old man so you know shit is gonna run well. :p

Good shit on the cab, post some screenshots when it's all working!

Skilletor

You should come down for one of our events sometime, mang. We've put Chavelo in charge of running shit for the bigger events now that I'm worn down and become a crotchety old man so you know shit is gonna run well. :p

Good shit on the cab, post some screenshots when it's all working!

Yeah, I've known tons of NM peeps since forever but I've never made it down there. It'll definitely happen for SF5. :)

I'll post pics as soon as it's all put together. So happy about it's done, lol. Took forever. Made me think I need to learn how to do some soldering myself.

DunpealD

Big news. Twitch app is finally coming to PS4/PS3/PSVita/PSTV.
Now Capcom/Tecmo/etc. don't have to worry about not being able to reach people with tourny streams on PS consoles. They can now advertise and link to tournament streams with the release of the app.

EDIT: If Capcom plays it smart they will offer incentives to watch tournaments with goodies like in Dota2.

This is interesting. This can mean two things.
a) st.MP got nerfed and does less hit stun which means it can no longer link to cr.HP and cr.HK.
b) cr.HK got nerfed with increased startup. Which could also mean cr.HK can possibly have more changes like less negative on block, increased range etc..

Need more info max pls!

Now Capcom/Tecmo/etc. don't have to worry about not being able to reach people with tourny streams on PS consoles. They can now advertise and link to tournament streams with the release of the app.

EDIT: If Capcom plays it smart they will offer incentives to watch tournaments with goodies like in Dota2.

This is interesting. This can mean two things.
a) st.MP got nerfed and does less hit stun which means it can no longer link to cr.HP and cr.HK.
b) cr.HK got nerfed with increased startup. Which could also mean cr.HK can possibly have more changes like less negative on block, increased range etc..

Need more info max pls!

Twitch app on Vita? Nice.

Clawww

they need to go full MOBA and drop chests and shit with chances at ultra rare items. valve got this shit figured out (admittedly, it's a completely different userbase, but they should give it a shot at least)

Those really good 2002UM lows I was talking about earlier? May Lee's 2D canceled into Hero Stance is about +3 to +4 on block. This is a 0 point, rock bottom character. Goddamn I love this game.

Baleoce

Finally got to play Street fighter V today at egx. Absolutely loved it. Tried out Rashid for both games I played on stage. Very fun character.

ShinMaruku

To be fair to Tecmo they advertise their events in game and have been doing ifr since DOA5 released with their events ticker.

Now FGW: Would you guys like to see me get some dudes I know who play DOA at a high level to put together a stet of character guides for GAF's consumption. I know I can get Ayane and Phase 4 little promos out there but I need to see if GAF will bite. You guys are outside the SRK just reuglar stream monster clique which makes you more relivant than those people.
Let's be honest they all just want sf and are bandwagoners. :p

Numb

To be fair to Tecmo they advertise their events in game and have been doing ifr since DOA5 released with their events ticker.

Now FGW: Would you guys like to see me get some dudes I know who play DOA at a high level to put together a stet of character guides for GAF's consumption. I know I can get Ayane and Phase 4 little promos out there but I need to see if GAF will bite. You guys are outside the SRK just reuglar stream monster clique which makes you more relivant than those people.

Lisa by Gruff? Or someone you know who is better.
Yes please

I would honestly consider picking the game up for Nyotengu.

I would love a guide to her.

Xevren

I really want to get back into DoA 5 LR again, finally winding down on MKX and starting to play other stuff again. I really enjoyed the game, plus it helps that the online is great.

4r5

Yo, this is DancingFighterG

Lol, is that what that guy has been up to? How is it that these weirdos get any trust or faith? I guess the deeper question is how are people so gullible? Or maybe the more fundamental question is what's keeping decent people from stepping up and filling in the gaps, before some scumbag does?

And now I turn the question on my self, and I can find the answers in my own experiences. Hmmm..

Numb

Man, Bish is one annoying fuck

ObNFhJ0.gif

wow, enjoy your ban sir
This is what I get for shorthand writing.
What do u mean
Bishamon is annoying as fuck for Lei Lei. He has a good guard cancel, meaty ass normals, he can deal some big damage with EX moves and worst of all, his stupid fireball is basically Halo sword glitch that he can even EX pursuit. It wouldn't be so bad if Lei Lei could just nullify them, but her gong (which is deceptively good at reflecting all sorts of stuff) can't even do that against Bish's fireball which is probably the best fireballs in the game. All those fullscreen fireballs also build a lot of meter for little risk. I wish the standard anki-hou could travel fullscreen. It'd help a bit in that match-up.

On the plus side I started to use tick grab setups with Lei Lei today and my TRH game is pretty good despite being away from the game for months.

.la1n

Every time I see people discussing VSav I am simultaneously happy and depressed. I would do anything for a new game in the series even though I know it would never match the older games.

jerry1594

Every time I see people discussing VSav I am simultaneously happy and depressed. I would do anything for a new game in the series even though I know it would never match the older games.
I've seen some Lab Zero people show interest in making a Vampire game. I wonder how that would turn out.

I've seen some Lab Zero people show interest in making a Vampire game. I wonder how that would turn out.
They did, but I guess Capcom wasn't interested. Lab Zero would be the only people who could make a levelheaded Vampire Savior sequel as opposed to a Capcom-made Darkstalkers 4 that plays like a mix of Hunter and Street Fighter. Capcom trying to make a real VSav would probably lead to multiple Phoenix situations with the bottom tiers being mauled. I can see Demitri, Sas and Bishamon being ridiculous in Capcom's hands. Rikuo and Hsien-Ko would be goners.

Edit: Ugh, now I'm imaging camera zoom on Darkstalker supers...

shaowebb

They did, but I guess Capcom wasn't interested. Lab Zero would be the only people who could make a levelheaded Vampire Savior sequel as opposed to a Capcom-made Darkstalkers 4 that plays like a mix of Hunter and Street Fighter. Capcom trying to make a real VSav would probably lead to multiple Phoenix situations with the bottom tiers being mauled. I can see Demitri, Sas and Bishamon being ridiculous in Capcom's hands. Rikuo and Hsien-Ko would be goners.

Whoa whoa whoa...they offered to make a Vampire Savior title and Capcom noped on it? Sad stuff right there. Have they offered to make a fighter for anyone else? Like did they approach Disney about doing an all Marvel title or anything? Surely someone can see that these guys bring the goods and could take a license and really make it a presence on the rising star that is e sports right... Right?

Mizerman

Yeah, that would be kinda cringe-worthy. Not in a good way, either.

ShinMaruku

Ok got my feelers out. I will see if I can get some schedules down. In the mean time I have some other characters who have vids that I will link for DOA.

Beats

Been practicing Samus in Melee a lot lately. I kinda wish she had more hitstun or knockback on her Z-air because it only really feels useful as a tether to get back onto the stage. It's got a lot of landing lag if you land from short hop height too and I don't think you can L-cancel it either.

Tossing out super missiles on stages with platforms sort of feels like using soul fist/flight cancelled soul fists with Morrigan in Umvc3.

Whoa whoa whoa...they offered to make a Vampire Savior title and Capcom noped on it? Sad stuff right there. Have they offered to make a fighter for anyone else? Like did they approach Disney about doing an all Marvel title or anything? Surely someone can see that these guys bring the goods and could take a license and really make it a presence on the rising star that is e sports right... Right?
I've been kind of apprehensive about the subject for well over a year because I don't like being a blabbermouth. This wasn't a PM thing so much as it was something that Mike talked about on one of their twitch streams when people brought the subject of a Darkstalkers sequel up. He even showed us a Jedah model on the New Meridian stage , but it was back when they had bad internet and a toaster for streaming. I just didn't talk about it all this time because people take stuff like this and run a marathon with it. Peter and the folks at Lab Zero are so nice (hey, even Mike has his nice days lol) that I didn't want to step on any toes. The stream and the screencap are surely lost to the sands of time now.

Anyways, the industry is as harsh as it gets and companies are pretty protective of their IP. Sometimes that works out for the better and other times...
Yeah, that would be kinda cringe-worthy. Not in a good way, either.
I'll admit that a closeup of Victor glute squeezes would never stop being funny, but otherwise? No thanks

DunpealD

There is still a difference between just a news ticker and actively linking to a stream :p. It's all about the convenience. Best case would probably to implement something like a customizable Uncharted TV.
Also with the inclusion of the app we might even get closer to something like Salty Bet SFV edition using Fight Money.

Having guides is always great. If you are going to do it, don't forget to create a new thread. Before even doing a character guide you should think about doing a concise beginners guide explaining the DoA specific features to prepare people for the character guides. Getting feedback and some Q&A in, when there is interest, is also essential.

This is what I get for shorthand writing.

Bishamon is annoying as fuck for Lei Lei. He has a good guard cancel, meaty ass normals, he can deal some big damage with EX moves and worst of all, his stupid fireball is basically Halo sword glitch that he can even EX pursuit. It wouldn't be so bad if Lei Lei could just nullify them, but her gong (which is deceptively good at reflecting all sorts of stuff) can't even do that against Bish's fireball which is probably the best fireballs in the game. All those fullscreen fireballs also build a lot of meter for little risk. I wish the standard anki-hou could travel fullscreen. It'd help a bit in that match-up.

On the plus side I started to use tick grab setups with Lei Lei today and my TRH game is pretty good despite being away from the game for months.
N0PF7Gb.jpg

TvC and MvC3 had camera zoom in and it didn't seem that bad. I wouldn't expect EVERY move to have some special zoom in, unless it is a cinematic which is pretty seldom I presume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom