• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |3| [Cinematic Title Expansion Coming Soon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only watched the E3 trailer, is the game a PT wannabe?

They trying to cash in on the insane popularity of fps horror. Nothing wrong with that they gotta make cash right. They are a business they are in it to make money. SFV really didn't help them in the financial department. Can't take 2 big losses back to back.

Numb

REVII confirmed to have 8 frames of lag.

tumblr_nubnq5w0PM1tg07vxo6_1280.jpg

Perro

so if RE7 fails its pretty much over for capcom right?
cant wait for SNK to take over all dem franchises, fuck disney and nintendo.

.la1n

I want to see more of RE 7 before I pass any judgement. I will say that I applaud them for at least trying something different with the series.

shaowebb

Check out this load of information on Injustice 2.

SonicFox confirms the following:

• Walk speeds better than MKX
  • VERY neutral game. He hasn't encountered a 50/50 yet
  • you can spend a bar of meter for an AIR TECH but can be reset for it.
  • you can spend a bar of meter to meter burn your dash and do a dodge roll to roll through someone
  • Atrocitus has a life drain move
  • Atrocitus is like Sinestro/Zod
  • Atrocitus has a tracking low puddle that lifts you
  • Atrocitus has some crazy block string stuff using Dex Starr
  • Batman can now put his batarangs AROUND you and release them anytime (Vergil?) and a his B113/B112 strings are different now. Seems to have relatively same combos
  • Supergir's F3 has her do a flip and if spaced right can cause left/rights
  • you can block neutral down
  • RETURN OF F23

AHAHAHA! Sooooooo good. Almost all the critical stuff I said back in Injustice 1 is already happening. Rolls, air techs, faster walk speeds, increased neutral play. Plus Atrocitus is not only having the stuff I hoped for but MORE. All I was after was Dex Starr really. Dude is just killing it. Has life drain, pressure like mad with kitty trait, LIFT COMBOS.

Plus you know what I love thats subtle and great? Clashes no longer put you full screen. Folks in vids are doing clashes and when they end they are point blank converting as if they were a breaker in MK or something. Pretty sweet stuff because Zodd clashing on a Lex player was just painful to watch as they put the poor bastard back to full screen. Now not only would that not happen but they also would have to deal with roll up attempts which would get rid of the flow chart zoners and only really keep the smart zoners who still read their opponents and try to force them into taking certain actions only when they want them to.

I can't wait to play this.

Plus WTF Batman has Sword Crown like Vergil now?!

Beckx

I got you, RE7 doesn't really look to be in the same genre as previous entries though, abandoned the whole TPS for FPS.

i am not sure this demo is meant to be anything more than PT was, an atmospheric teaser that doesn't necessarily reflect final gameplay. who knows, though.

i'll believe they've abandoned tps when i see it, but then again, if that means they deliver a RE that's actually fun i'll be fine with that.

Beckx

"too big to fail" is a perfect metaphor for the bets Capcom makes now

because it means that if it actually fails it brings everything down with it

like Rock Band 4 instruments or JustDraw pads

Wild Card

lol I just remebered that the announcer voice in SFV has voice lines for certain tournaments, I wonder what that was ever supposed to be for?

.la1n

One thing that does disappoint me about Injustice 2 in it's current state is do not like how large the stages are when characters are at full screen. It was my biggest gripe about the original.

shaowebb

Interactables can be blocked now right?

I believe we've seen some blocked yes, but I'd have to go back through footage to verify this. Its been a busy few days. They've definitely learned a lot from the first game and MKX. Transitions are now much shorter on purpose according to NRS. Clashes seem shorter too. Plus stuff like faster jumps, faster walk speeds, air teching whichever direction you want for meter, dodging for a meter through stuff and 4 bars now being more visible on the HUD as a bar and not that circle thing helps a lot.

shaowebb

Still having clash

Yeah, that surprised me too. I like breakers better. But hey we got air teching now and its instant and cheaper. Not too hard in a juggle game to find a point worth teching so unless I see an opportunity for health near the end of a timer scam I dont have to resort to clashes is how I see it. Meter looks far too precious on movement and offense to bother with clash unless you absolutely just needed to end a combo dead.

I'll probably be playing Injustice 1 till I get my PS4 and KOF 14 at this rate. After KOF 14 though....hnnnnnnnnng. Its gonna be hard to stop that train for any amount of time. That series is amazing and I really wanna try out Kukri in Max Mode sometime.

The Light

I believe we've seen some blocked yes, but I'd have to go back through footage to verify this. Its been a busy few days. They've definitely learned a lot from the first game and MKX. Transitions are now much shorter on purpose according to NRS. Clashes seem shorter too. Plus stuff like faster jumps, faster walk speeds, air teching whichever direction you want for meter, dodging for a meter through stuff and 4 bars now being more visible on the HUD as a bar and not that circle thing helps a lot.
I haven't had a chance to see most footage yet just screens. If i'm not too tired after watching kof i'll check some out. Great to hear clashes are shorter and don't put you full screen anymore. I'm one of the few who liked getting placed back full screen, but if it keeps lex vs zod situation happening then im all for it. Also good that 4 bars are easier to see, but I still prefer the first one visually.
Still having clash
Had to keep it. Everyone loved the dialog in them

shaowebb

I haven't had a chance to see most footage yet just screens. If i'm not too tired after watching kof i'll check some out. Great to hear clashes are shorter and don't put you full screen anymore. I'm one of the few who liked getting placed back full screen, but if it keeps lex vs zod situation happening then im all for it. Also good that 4 bars are easier to see, but I still prefer the first one visually.

Had to keep it. Everyone loved the dialog in them

Folks are reporting now that apparently Clash victories will be different for each character. This means that we may see varying distances as a thing or something. Before it blew you both full screen so its still not as bad as it was even knowing that the Supergirl followup in my gif was automatic and not an input followup by the player. At least we dont get that silly explosion. Hope folks like Bane get Clash endings that put them in a knockdown right at his feet. That is if he returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom