• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

The Light

if NRS is king we can safely flush this genre down the toiler once and for all
Nah they're among the ones plunging the toilet clean after Capcom who is the face of the genre clogged the toilet up.

I don't get it either I just like toilet jokes.

Also why are people upset about the leaked roster? It's the usual suspects with a few surprises

Also why are people upset about the leaked roster? It's the usual suspects with a few surprises

It's more that the roster is smaller than what was expected. The result is that there's less inclusion of other characters. People thought it would be a given that Marvel would be large, since they're shameless porting over characters like how USF4 was just SF4 with SFxT assets.

KOF14 has 50 characters. Injustice 2 has more characters than Marvel Infinite and it's not even a team game.

On top of this, 80% of the roster is copy/paste jobs from UMvC3.

Capcom going for the develop for low cost for max profit route. But I think if MvCI gets criticized heavily like SFV, SFxTekken and UMvC 3 then this is it for Capcom. I am actually surprised that this is coming out after SFV's tremendous failure. Disney looks like investing very low money to maximize profit just based on the name.

Dahbomb

but I thought people loved marvel 2
Copy/paste jobs are fine when you actually copy/pasting everything over.

When you half ass that, then the backlash is even higher. Marvel 2 copy/pasted everything from before... it did it right at least.

It's like... you copy paste over Firebrand, Nemesis and Arthur... but don't copy/paste over Wesker, Zero, Vergil, Joe, Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright, Dormammu, She Hulk, MODOK, Iron Fist, Ghost Rider etc. We know they are capable of doing it and we know there will be more copy/pastes in the future through DLC... it makes the whole thing shady, as if they are waiting to sell us copy/pasted characters as DLC.

Imagine a Veterans Season 2018 where they sell us Wesker, Zero, Vergil, Phoenix Wright, Joe + Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, Storm, Dr Doom, Super Skrull.... all of them being copy/paste from Marvel 3. No one is going to feel good about that.

Sayad

When you half ass that, then the backlash is even higher. Marvel 2 copy/pasted everything from before... it did it right at least.

Not sure about that, a lot of characters were half assed, DS characters weren't even the same res as the rest of the game!

CO_Andy

So many positive reviews for Taken 7 :O

Capcom should do us all a favor and recycle MVC3's models and slap on whatever filter

It's like... you copy paste over Firebrand, Nemesis and Arthur... but don't copy/paste over Wesker, Zero, Vergil, Joe, Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright, Dormammu, She Hulk, MODOK, Iron Fist, Ghost Rider etc. We know they are capable of doing it and we know there will be more copy/pastes in the future through DLC... it makes the whole thing shady, as if they are waiting to sell us copy/pasted characters as DLC.

Imagine a Veterans Season 2018 where they sell us Wesker, Zero, Vergil, Phoenix Wright, Joe + Wolverine, Deadpool, Magneto, Storm, Dr Doom, Super Skrull.... all of them being copy/paste from Marvel 3. No one is going to feel good about that.

Sums up my thoughts exactly regarding this roster leak.

I'll be underwhelmed if the leaked roster is the roster we get. There's not many unorthodox choices, and very few new characters. I loved Marvel 3's roster because it had so many new and unorthodox choices, and they all turned out awesome!

The idea that most of the new characters will be reserved to DLC, and a bunch of copy/pastes from Marvel 3 being DLC doesn't sit well with me. If the game ends up being awesome, then I'll be down for getting the DLC.

Were there any lists that Ryce posted before that were legitimate?

The game existing in the first place and the teabag DPs were things that he initially told us about.

A lot of the other things he either gave vague info, alluded to or simply said that he can't talk about it. But I don't think he's given us any invalid info. More than just likely at this point that the list is legit.

Tizoc

The game existing in the first place and the teabag DPs were things that he initially told us about.

A lot of the other things he either gave vague info, alluded to or simply said that he can't talk about it. But I don't think he's given us any invalid info. More than just likely at this point that the list is legit.

Thanks.
Still odd to have 2 GnG reps though like this.

For those SF players looking to get into Tekken, I've made a video comparing the series to Tekken help break down Tekken for the newcomers Here it is.

Hopefully this would be a lot of help for those trying to learn the game this go around or for those who aren't but are curious about the deeper mechanics in both games outside of "One's 2D and One's 3D"

Kalamari

Capcom is the Tiger Woods of fighting games.

woods-1496072264.jpg

shaowebb

That leak goes out of its way to mention Venom DLC but forgets Sigma is already confirmed DLC roster in the game. I find it to be a pretty suspect final roster leak. Especially since if they are just porting over dudes from 3 it makes no sense to dump so many and yet keep others like that. 32 cuts? Not even all have license issues on the Marvel side of those cuts either.

Sorry but this feels like misdirection. Whatever does get announced later will come as such a relief to players that they'll be thrilled in comparison and I think maybe thats what this leak is for. To make people happier with the final roster which will likely be smaller than 3. Hell the newcomers are all c listers and none of the popular Capcom legacy characters were in this list? Makes me think that if they reveal anyone popular from last game now it'll be huge good reactions after this bombshell because it'll spell relief.
A list like this just softens the backlash of a small roster or content reveal later IMO because "at least it wasn't that OTHER list."

Capcpom leaked an incomplete list on purpose to blow minds come E3.

If it were any other publisher, I might even entertain that possibility.

shaowebb

I'll repeat from the other thread...The pattern of dudes cut makes no sense otherwise on the capcom side otherwise. Now instead of "I expected that guy to be back *yawn*" people will lose their mind if any return. If you know your roster is gonna be small and single player wont be as huge as other competitors you gotta make what you got more exciting is all I'm saying.

EDIT: Though I aint saying capcom aint such dicks that they'd hide all those returnees and popular new cast behind a paywall. Dull base roster and guaranteed DLC sales is kinda their thing.

BadWolf

EDIT: Though I aint saying capcom aint such dicks that they'd hide all those returnees and popular new cast behind a paywall. Dull base roster and guaranteed DLC sales is kinda their thing.

This seems like the most likely scenario.

Capcom did say that they have been very successful in milking the existing SFV user base with DLC content and were making good money off of it so it would make sense for them to apply the same logic to MVCI, especially since it has no in game currency and all DLC content will have to be bought with real money.

Top Bottom