• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Great to be a fighting game fan right now. We get:
SFV update
GG Rev 2 update
Tekken 7
Injustice 2 still fresh

Good stuff all around. I don't even know what to play right now. Gonna dab in a little of everything and see what sticks.

shaowebb

Lately when I get home I've been either on Injustice 2 or retrocading it up...mainly shooties but X-Men Children of the Atom which was my first big time thing I'd ever seen in a real arcade has been eating up some time before bed.

After all the XCOTA I gotta say I reaaaaaaaally miss that version of Sentinel. Holy shit was he top tier. Diagonal Missiles,giant damaging mouth missile to combo with, body splash, multihit lockdown kick, a diving ax fist thing that was like Dante's hammer, huge hitbox jumping side kick to poke with, ...I'll never get over just how much of this character I missed by only getting to play this title briefly in my childhood only to come back to the character years later. He was never bad in any game, but man they chopped off some really great parts of him. Pray for DLC in MVCI with them parts intact. Could you imagine a tag setup where you go for that rapidly crossing up giant body splash and then tag in someone goin for a low move? High low and left right simultaneous hell.
ebNzwGp.jpg
VkpTv7x.gif

That hit box rapidly switches sides lol. Couple that with MVCI tag in lows? Unreal. *crosses fingers for some classic DLC with full moveset returning*

shaowebb

If they were ever going to do that they'd have done it with 3. Like it or not his MvC2 style is "iconic" now.

I get that its iconic but theres no assists in MVCI unlike 2 and 3. Just tag moves. Kinda hoping it'd get him some old stuff again if he ever came back. First though, we'd have to get some X-Men characters in the game...or some good roster choices lol. E3 save us.

Line_HTX

Pretty cool interview. Tanukana is an awesome player. It was hype to see her get out of that extra match in pools after the final round Double KO slo-mo, haha

Great to be a fighting game fan right now. We get:
SFV update
GG Rev 2 update
Tekken 7
Injustice 2 still fresh

Good stuff all around. I don't even know what to play right now. Gonna dab in a little of everything and see what sticks.

Fixed that for ya.

=D

shaowebb

So as it stands...what duos do folks here plan on trying to run as a team so far? I know we haven't seen if the leak list is true or some of the dudes on it and how they play, but a lot of that list is port cast so..yeah.

Me so far:

• Ultron/Jedah
  • Ultron/Captain Marvel
  • Jedah/Arthur

I got some plans for those Ultron drones and I'm just a big Jedah fan After that, its just pairing one of those two that I hope to main hard with a good partner. I used Arthur as my anchor before and I'm betting I can setup stuff from hot tags with his projectiles. Plus I can FINALLY give Arthur some mobility with gems. Captain Marvel just looks baller.

Pompadour

Man from all the impressions I am seeing on the net makes me think MvCI will perform even worse than SFV.

Marvel releases right before the holiday quarter so even if it doesn't hit its projected sales in Q3 (which is just 2m across 3 platforms, same as SFV wanted across 2) it can probably pick that up in Q4 unless the word of mouth is abysmal.

Capcom is probably expecting this. They expect an AAA multiplatform Marvel game to hit the same numbers as they expected for SFV and SFxT.

shaowebb

all negativity aside, the game looks a lot more fun to play than SFV or Injustass going by just the trailers

Try actually playing Injustice sometime then instead of goin by trailers. Game is great. Not gonna argue though about the SFV comparison I got it and any of the things performed in MVCI's trailer looks like a blast compared to the rigidness of SFV. Least MVCI means I can create options.

MrCarter

Anyone expecting it to beat SFV entrants at Evo?

Speaking of Evo sfv hype even for tournaments really dropped huh? This time last year Mr. Wizard was saying how the entrance number broke record but no mention of any entrance number this year.

I think Marvel will do very well at Evo because it's always been popular there. SFV will drop this year as it's not new and fresh anymore - Combo Breaker was the only event which SFV entrants increased from last year.

Man from all the impressions I am seeing on the net makes me think MvCI will perform even worse than SFV.
Depends how game looks at E3... If it still looks low budget as fuck, Probably not? I'm hoping it has updated graphics, but I'm sure the reuse of assets will not go well..

.la1n

Time to see Aris rage. Aris and online Tekken is a 0 - 10 match up.

I wonder why the decision to not go with rollback. It's really the best choice for fighting games for anyone not named Capcom.

Depends how game looks at E3... If it still looks low budget as fuck, Probably not? I'm hoping it has updated graphics, but I'm sure the reuse of assets will not go well..

With that roster they better bring it with the graphics.

notworksafe

tekken uses a custom netcode that includes delay, animation skipping, and rollback. not to mention it has the input buffer because the game is built for netplay.

no netcode is perfect but tekken is easily some of the best for using multiple systems to reduce lag perception.

Tripon

Pretty cool interview. Tanukana is an awesome player. It was hype to see her get out of that extra match in pools after the final round Double KO slo-mo, haha

All I know that is that when people found out that she had a boyfriend, all the thirsty Tekken players cried, and then beat one out in solidarity.

All I know that is that when people found out that she had a boyfriend, all the thirsty Tekken players cried, and then beat one out in solidarity.

She said on stream a few months back that she wanted a boyfriend that was a strong player. Most Tekken players were already ruled out back then.

Kind of feel like canceling my Marvel pre-order and getting GG or Tekken instead. But the prospect of learning a brand new fighter has me feeling very aintnobodygottimeforthat.gif

Kind of feel like canceling my Marvel pre-order and getting GG or Tekken instead. But the prospect of learning a brand new fighter has me feeling very aintnobodygottimeforthat.gif
GG is my pick of the 3 so far.

But you're always learning when playing fighting games...
But there's a difference between the stage where you have to go through 30+ characters and figure out their basics just to find out which one you should play, master all the buttons, etc., and the stage where you are learning matchups and getting tech down. That first stage is incredibly time-consuming for most people. Even pros tend to stick with their OG character instead of switch when it's in their interests.

But you're always learning when playing fighting games...

Well, yeah, sure. But with fighting games I'm familiar with, it's a healthy balance of winning matches and learning and improving from my losses. I have no experience with arcsys or 3D fighters so I'm worried I'll just give up or whatever halfway through getting comfortable with the basic mechanics.

Anyway, I'll probably get one of them especially since it looks like there's a good amount of content and it won't cost $90 to get it the game + DLC, unlike marvel.

mbpm1

yo Tekken 7 is dope as af

i thought I wouldn't be able to enjoy the game without knowing a bunch of moves and kbd and stuff so I only played two matches against an eddy and a gigass in the warm up room but it's still pretty damn fun

i kept getting clocked trying to counter gigas' elbow? thing as asuka but the neutral and flow is sweet

first tekken since just mashing with some friends in tag 2 before we all dumped it for sf4 back in the day but i like

El Sabroso

damn, rip my TE2 USB cable exactly when I was gonna play Tekken 7 on my PC, so gotta use my Qanba Q4 until I can fix my TE2, any clues who ships that cable to Mexico ?

Wow a Seiken Densetsu fighting game. I hope they have Kevin, give him an install super to turn into the OP Werewolf he was.

Having fun with Tekken 7. I'm using Eliza right now. I didn't expect to but I was just jumping around and trying stuff out and I liked the neat things she has. Though people think I probably am trolling when I go to sleep, it actually builds her meter, and surprisingly she can get out of it rather fast.

Tripon

Wow a Seiken Densetsu fighting game. I hope they have Kevin, give him an install super to turn into the OP Werewolf he was.

Having fun with Tekken 7. I'm using Eliza right now. I didn't expect to but I was just jumping around and trying stuff out and I liked the neat things she has. Though people think I probably am trolling when I go to sleep, it actually builds her meter, and surprisingly she can get out of it rather fast.

It's not a Seiken Densetsu fighting game. it's just skins for Authur Millions, it's a mobile franchise that Square Enix runs.

Tripon

It's not a skin. That's actually Riesz with a full moveset and Hawkeye is in as a support character for the Million Arthur arcade fighting game that's releasing later this year. It's based on the mobile franchise but it's an actual arcade game.

http://portal.million-arthurs.com/maab/

Ah, glad to be wrong.

Smash Commentators are going on strike.

Alex Jebailey‏Verified account @CEOJebailey 53m53 minutes ago

Best of luck to those attempting this. Hope it works out for you until you boycott every event and then you have nothing to commentate.

Alex Jebailey‏Verified account @CEOJebailey 45m45 minutes ago

I have a lot to say about this subject and how some people are taking everything we have going for granted. I'll write about it after CEO.

Alex Jebailey‏Verified account
@CEOJebailey
You already got top players pseudo boycotting events that don't offer bonuses, doubles or longer sets. What's next in the smash community?

https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/870516854619389952

Top Bottom