• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

shaowebb

lots of people are overestimating what dbzf is gonna be
Game is gonna make insane bank and it will have the approval of the FGC for continuing the core mechanics of MVC2 and MVC3 into next gen which is what they were really asking for with wanting a marvel sequel to begin with.
Calling it more commercially successful than MVCI and more appealing to the public is not an overestimation here. Its visually stunning, deep, and tied to one of the biggest licenses in existence. Its just gonna turn heads and thats a fact. Meanwhile MVCI who already had issues with its image to both the public and the FGC is struggling to get past memes about its poor models and graphics because they put a magnifying lens on their unpolished work too early in an entirely story focused E3 trailer and almost entirely last gen roster.
if anything dbz will just replace bb/gg and still be on 8am sunday

I'm already pegging it for a side game at EVO while MvCI is right before SFV Sunday night.

of course by then EVO may be held in the same venue as Moment #37
I could see this happening no matter how high its numbers are honestly. If it aint capcom it aint getting top billing from EVO and thats a fact. They push that shit above all else out there. Only thing they've ever made way for is Smash due to its insane draw power and money making ability. EVO has always been that way and its always been blatant to other communities. I expect no less. Its why I prefer CEO tournaments. Better ran and very kind to all games.

I would love if dbz would gain traction but I doubt it will.
I am certain it will gain traction. It plays super fast, is 3v3 plus tags plus assists plus a huge license. What would it be doing to make it NOT get traction? Not being a Capcom title? Is that really all it takes to make the FGC not care? General public is gonna be all over this game and its matches are already hype as hell and its not even a fourth done yet. Being serious here because I see more downplaying of fighting games based on not being developed by Capcom or being Anime than anything else and I play just about everything. Not Capcom? Anime? Oh then it gets an auto fail from folks.

I predict this game will make the FGC more aware of something than before...fighting games moved on without Capcom and they are not the end all be all anymore. Folks have been experimenting and trying new things for a LONG time now with graphics and gameplay mechanics and its coming to a head. Now we got a VS series sequel struggling to turn heads because the tech ASW made for graphics is slaughtering them, multiple developers programming games with better input lag numbers than they can manage, many titels on the market destroy the online experience Capcom is managing, single player content is now far beyond anything they have bothered to do, and so many new fresh game mechanics have been tried that now with even older style ideas like 3v3 with assists they are showing up to prove it could've been taken way further for the players than they did in terms of tools to help intensify the game and improve upon the formula. All that is before we even get into the movesets and its already beyond what Capcom has been doing.

Most I'm seeing out of Capcom is them trying to catch up. Dragonball Fighter Z is gonna be big and I easily predict it'll slaughter MVCI sales while still showing up to put out as many hype matches as MVCI.

pizzacat

Banned
dbzf seems super fun don't get me wrong but it's literally the plan c (or z lmao)

There are people already shilling for infinite like the start of v. It won't forgotten in the pro scene and be replaced with dbzf

This game bout to get the persona arena treatment and you will like it

And hey wearing an iron fist avatar you already know where you'll be at if capcom manages to make a miracle happen and make a good fighting game past 2009

shaowebb

dbzf seems super fun don't get me wrong but it's literally the plan c (or z lmao)

There are people already shilling for infinite like the start of v. It won't forgotten in the pro scene and be replaced with dbzf

And hey wearing an iron fist avatar you already know where you'll be at if capcom manages to make a miracle happen and make a good fighting game past 2009

Oh no. Ouch. Insulting my Ironfist. The burn it stings. "Told me" *eye roll*
And remember...I left within MONTHS of UMVC3 with Ironfist on deck because I saw the game going to shit. A month later Morridoom and infinites hit.

Capcom hasn't innovated anything in a LONG time is what I'm getting at. Because of this its more obvious now than ever which folks are putting in more effort into their products and that is gonna hurt their bottom line and franchises at market and eventually in tournament numbers unless they just keep money loading prize pots. Their graphics are worse than the competition, their prices are higher, they have more input delay, they have worse online, they have more bugs and server errors at launch than most on the market, their gameplay mechanics are either ancient or something someone else bothered to do first, all they make are sequels anymore and those are getting some market fatigue in some franchises. MVCI is using old roster that was cheaper to adapt, arcanas as their "big idea" but done in a very much less adventurous manner than Arcanas, tag combos which shock shock aren't even exclusive since DBFZ has them too, 2 bar breakers from TVC, and projectile reflecting pushblocks.

Aside from the last thing everything in the game is either a rehash of something old, or something not even exclusive to their game at market shortly after it hits so how does it translate to the consumer that its special when its not going to be?

There are REAL head turners out there now that they have to compete with. They can't just ride on a name getting a sequel which is all they've been doing for a long time now (hello Monster Hunter, and Resident Evil series.) What they make is still fun but ruling out superior looking products as real threats is ridiculous simply because it aint a capcom title and its anime.

Capcom needs to pay attention to this shit before folks stop paying as much attention to them. I think DBFZ is a title that can start that trend of folks ignoring them. You can't tell me you dont wish MVCI looked better or had as many new ideas as DBFZ would've added to the series. If you could swap mechanics and visual styles between DBFZ and MVCI right now most folks would to have a Marvel that still played 3v3 with assists with new mechanics loaded on top plus top tier graphics. They wouldnt' even have to lose their tag combo setups or projectile reflect options.

Imagine if DBZ Fighter is a runaway success. People ain't gonna wanna see a BB or GG ever again.
Dragon Ball Fighter Z is a Spirit Bomb for the FGC

...is the headline for an article on Red Bull

ajxPrPB.gif

GG has some of the best designs in gaming. I never want it to go away.

BB is trash tier design. It could leave and I would be okay with that.

Lulubop

Oh boy, here we go. It's Literially the same people saying both games are good and fun to play, but ya shillingm

pizzacat

Banned
Oh boy, here we go. It's Literially the same people saying both games are good and fun to play, but ya shillingm
How do I know which one is fun to play? I've played neither. DBZ looks fun

Marvel looks like ass and capcom hasn't made an enjoyable fighting game this generation

????

i need to know if I should boycott aksys if there's no english dub
It will have an English dub. http://gameranx.com/updates/id/1105...ghterz-to-have-an-english-dubbed-voice-track/

With the recent announcement Bandai Namco's Dragon Ball FighterZ, anticipating fans have been wonder whether the western release will feature an English voice track or will stick to Japanese voice track with English subtitles. Fans will be happy to hear that the upcoming fighter has in fact, been confirmed to feature an English dub voice track and Japanese voice track, just like Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and the games in the last few years that have made it to North America.

Village

GG has some of the best designs in gaming. I never want it to go away.

BB is trash tier design. It could leave and I would be okay with that.

I think its your preference in anime. GG is very late 90's anime, and BB is very mid 00's. I think having both of those is fine. I think both need to be around, because just having 90's or mid 00's anime is artistically stagnant ( and apparently sales wise people don't care for it either). Though I wouldn't mind if they made a new fighter based around... 10...'s anime? Can we call this the 10's? Decade, X if you want to be edgy.

I hate most of the designs in both series though. Much like platinum, I think their best character designs, and characters are went they aren't designing the characters.

Persona 4 Ultimax is the best looking fighting game they have out in terms of designs, because they didn't design those characters.

pizzacat

Banned
I think y'all misunderstanding me saying dbzf is weird because anime and anime fighting company, not because capcom is too good lol

But stapling capcoms name on shit is a good point against it tho lol

Lulubop

How do I know which one is fun to play? I've played neither. DBZ looks fun

Marvel looks like ass and capcom hasn't made an enjoyable fighting game this generation

????

Marvel looks fun to play Too? Which is why people are excited and there's a lot of gameplay out their? If anything dbfz doesn't look as flexible but we'll see. Not sure I get you, then again you only post rubbish or unfun snark.

Skilletor

Marvel looks fun to play Too? Which is why people are excited and there's a lot of gameplay out their? If anything dbfz doesn't look as flexible but we'll see. Not sure I get you, then again you only post rubbish or unfun snark.

I'm waiting for DBZ to show me something that isn't all offense/offense/offense. Every one of the characters looks the same to me as far as game plan.

Beckx

you want diverse playstyles

Gundam Versus is only about a month away (in Japan anyway)

even Karst could find a character he liked

Skilletor

I play tons of fighters. I have no lack of diversity. Just talking about DBZ and its supposed status as Mahvel killer.

Sayad

I'm waiting for DBZ to show me something that isn't all offense/offense/offense. Every one of the characters looks the same to me as far as game plan.

Director did say those characters were chosen because they're the most straight forward characters in term of playstyle and thus make more sense for a show floor gameplay demo not because they're series main stays. Also teased a more unique cast that's picked for gameplay purposes as opposed to the usual expected DBZ games cast.

what happened to years of waiting for nine to be playable
I like Nine, but it's more because I love busty witches than anything else. I am comfortable acknowledging I adore a trope while understanding it isn't actually great design. A GG Nine would probably be superior in every way.

I am still open to this game, but the videos for Arena Fighters are murky for me.

melty blood
I still have to try this one out. We are moving to Florida in a week, so it will probably have to wait a while. :(

Top Bottom