• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Dahbomb

I mean I am smack dab in the middle of the target demographic for Marvel Infinite (big Capcom fan, big Marvel fan, fighting game fan, VS games fan) but I am no where near as excited as I should be. So I can definitely understand that.

Village

I mean I am smack dab in the middle of the target demographic for Marvel Infinite (big Capcom fan, big Marvel fan, fighting game fan, VS games fan) but I am no where near as excited as I should be. So I can definitely understand that.

Well, that's for quality reasons.

pizzacat

Banned
Yeah you don't have to eat the slop given to you just because of #brands

pizzacat

Banned
HEY!

Musou games are great!
Hey I'm a victim to this too whenever I buy a one piece musuo knowing musuos are used specifically for torture but they keep on making tashigi a playable character

And that one terrible fighting game one piece has koala so it's like please give me the slop

I almost bought that 2 on 2 jojo game lol

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
That's a good example. Another is when Goku asks Krillin not to kill Vegeta. (paraphrasing)

DBZ: "Let's show Vegeta how merciful we are!" (completely made-up lines for the English dub)

Kai: "He's the strongest guy I've ever met. I want to get the chance to fight him again." (much closer to the original source material)

US Z did this sort of thing a lot, especially early on.

Bardock the "brilliant scientist"
Vegeta's deathbed plea being more about his father being held hostage instead of just Saiyan pride

Rhapsody

Banned
How come? You sound like the ideal target audience for DBFZ.

Might be because I'm curious on how diverse character playstyles will feel. ArcSys goes too nuts with their characters at times, which will be too much for a 3v3 setting. But I hope they don't simplify it too much either, so we'll see if they can strike a nice balance. Current revealed characters seem to similar, so hopefully they reveal some characters for certain archetypes soon enough.

As of right now, they've shown 6 characters that haven't done anything extremely unique yet. It's just a nice looking fan service game for me right now, so my hype won't shoot up until we see more.

To make it relevant with the hot discussions nowadays, let's just say I'm looking for more "functions" lol

Hyun Sai

The arcade version of KoF14 launched in Japan today.

Seems they are giving players a bunch of control layouts, with access to various shortcut buttons. Iirc 13 arcade only gave access to two layouts (Type 1 and 2 from the pic) with no SC buttons.

Why are you posting this in the Dragon Ball thread ???

--------------------------
Any arcade version of fighters with layout and shortcuts before ?

Kumubou

Any arcade version of fighters with layout and shortcuts before ?
Later versions of BB and GG let you choose from a number of pre-set button layouts.

As for actual shortcut buttons, the arcade version of Melty Blood added a dedicated shortcut button in one of its early revisions in order to work around issues with multi-button inputs.

CO_Andy

is your body ready for Meth Addict MVCi Vergil?

shaowebb

Been playing Battle Circuit some as I try to stay up and flip my sleep schedule after a string of rough night shifts. How in the hell have they never ported this title? Its really flashy, has a full story with superhero bounty hunters, and an upgrade system between long stages where you spend the money you collected on new moves and super powers. The game even had some nice fighter inputs for a two button game and had some wild combos. Always felt like I had a ton of tools and options to stay mobile, combo, and be on the offensive.

The cast from it would make incredible fighting game additions to the vs series someday if they ever bothered to do more than port old cast from 3 or paywall build cinemaverse and name characters. Captain Silver in particular just felt ridiculous. Morphing moves, long range attacks, could turn into a cannon, dash up attacks, could charge and shoot ice beams and had a GTFO ice stab and both froze folks, had icemans arctic attack, AA rekka chain, dash up rekkas, chun pogo, delta kick sorta stuff...dude was nuts in screen control and mobility. Small hit boxes though for a beat em up dude.

Battle Circuit needs a representative someday in vs games. If nothing else just port that damned arcade gem somewhere. Its one of the best I've ever played. Hell it even had a secret final boss if at least one player reached a score of 3200000 points.

Here's some nice 4 player Battle Circuit Netplay from Fightcade
yp08C9B.gif

Spuck-uk

Banned
Most of Dragon Ball Super's issues are art and animation related.

The biggest problem with any Dragonball media is that Dragonball as a series is badly drawn cartoons for children, that drags out the most nothing of scenes for far too long in an attempt to be 'epic'

#whitehottakes

The biggest problem with any Dragonball media is that Dragonball as a series is badly drawn cartoons for children, that drags out the most nothing of scenes for far too long in an attempt to be 'epic'

#whitehottakes

Other than the skippable early episodes that are just recapping movies, DB Super doesn't drag out anything. And the Dragon Ball manga is fast as fuck.

jett

D-Member
Smug got a real sponsor. Same team that sponsored Marn
DDhv3VgXcAAAt0o

Can someone explain FG sponsorships to me? What's in it for the sponsor exactly? Does the sponsored player actually have a salary of some sort or do they just pay for travel expenses?

And what was that PIE thing anyway.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They are all pretty different. I think PIE was more like an oldschool "clan" type thing of some New York friends.
The minimal amount of support from a "real" sponsor is to get your players to events I would say, everything else depends on their status.

The teams get exposure and they have ad-deals. There's a lot of money in it because young men are one of the most important groups in advertising and esports mostly has a young male audience.

edit: Not sure why people tend to call teams sponsors in the FGC anyway. That sounds like a charity.

jett

D-Member
They are all pretty different. I think PIE was more like an oldschool "clan" type thing of some New York friends.
The minimal amount of support from a "real" sponsor is to get your players to events I would say, everything else depends on their status.

The teams get exposure and they have ad-deals. There's a lot of money in it because young men are one of the most important groups in advertising and esports mostly has a young male audience.

edit: Not sure why people tend to call teams sponsors in the FGC anyway. That sounds like a charity.

Ad-deals huh? I think I get it. I guess I just don't know anything about this side of the scene.

JeTmAn81

Payday so dropping that 15 ducats on UMVC3 PC. I was gonna get it at launch but it didn't seem like it ran that well on my laptop.

JeTmAn81

I'm pretty sure you can find online matches in Marvel 3 on pretty much all platforms. I've played online on the Vita and PS4 recently. Everyone's a killer now.

.la1n

Can't wait to see how Arika's fighter is shaping up. I think it could do well with Tekken 7 bringing a lot of new people into 3D fighters.

Top Bottom