• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Game Headquarters |eSports| 4444 Life

Looking it up online I saw absolutely no mention of him being free, not a single blurb. You sure a friend didn't buy him with fight money when you weren't looking?

Maybe? The first time I played against Akuma was when a friend came over to play season 2. He was considering maining him at the time.

Digimon talk...in 2017.

One of the rules Capcom had a hard stance on when they allowed Namco to put Akuma in Tekken was not to mess with the top knot. They probably think of it as an important aspect of his design that can't be dropped.

One of the easiest compromises ever made.

I like the new SGS, it takes advantage of it being a polygonal game and the versatility that allows over being constricted to the viewpoint of sprites. Although Sakura did do it first.

I mean, c'mon, it's just a black screen and a bunch of hit sparks, he's still shrouded with faint view of his action so it still plays out the intent. I always found people took Akuma too seriously so I love SFV's take on him, hobo mane and all.

notworksafe

everyone going to evo make sure to pick up one of these totally well designed and not lazy at all officially licensed sf hoodies!

VnBQMtu.jpg

https://splitframe.net/collections/...e-tech-hoodie-fgc-streetwear-series-pre-order
The one thing about Street Wear in our opinion, is that the designs have an appeal outside of the FGC, which we think will create conversation, curiosity and further grow our market. We could have stamped a Street Fighter logo on a hoodie and tee and called it a day, but then again, this has been done many times over and for those who aren't familiar with the Street Fighter brand, what better way to create interest when someone sees a 'generic' design and asks "are you a Street Fighter?"

everyone going to evo make sure to pick up one of these totally well designed and not lazy at all officially licensed sf hoodies!

THAT is an officially licensed Street Fighter product?

You know what, fuck it. Leave Chun-Li's face as is in Marvel:Infinite and license some kind of apparel with the words "character function" on it. If hoodies like that are good enough for your fans, then so are those things.

I will read a book if I want to use my imagination. The entire point of visual media is to fill that gap and show me what's actually happening. Not seeing the Raging Demon is like a B horror film where the monster always attacks from a first person perspective so you get to "imagine" how terrifying it is. Ooooo!

pizzacat

Banned
It's not so you can "imagine" it's to not show how shitty the costume looks in a b horror movie.

Which hey sfv needs a way to hide how shitty it looks esp that super

Hyun Sai

There are many masterpieces in visual media, movies or series using the "not showing, use your imagination" to the best effect. When used sparsingly, it's in no way a bad form, on the contrary.

Not seeing the Raging Demon is like a B horror film where the monster always attacks from a first person perspective so you get to "imagine" how terrifying it is. Ooooo!

That's actually a good description of the current SGS/Raging Demon. Like Rickenslacker stated, that intention is still there. It's just that the purpose is defeated, which is why it's worse.

I like the new SGS, it takes advantage of it being a polygonal game and the versatility that allows over being constricted to the viewpoint of sprites. Although Sakura did do it first.

I mean, c'mon, it's just a black screen and a bunch of hit sparks, he's still shrouded with faint view of his action so it still plays out the intent. I always found people took Akuma too seriously so I love SFV's take on him, hobo mane and all.

rip rival schools

we'll never forget you

BadWolf

Checked out the KoF14 Evo brackets and there are so many killers:

- Koukou
- Reynald
- Xiaohai
- Abao
- Baek
- Romance
- Koji KOG
- Violent Kain
- Xiaohu
- Madkof
- Umezono
- Layec
- M'
- ET
- Isauro
- Khannibal
- ChrisKof
- Oogosyo

Banjoman

I'm going to Japan next week and I have a couple of questions for you good people.
As a pad player (also a scrub), what can I play in the arcade? I tried to play Tekken 7 with a stick and it has been mostly an insufferable experience.
There's Pokken I guess, but it doesn't particularly excite me.
Also, are there places in Tokyo where I can just go there and easily play sfv, like in an arcade? Should I then bring my pad with me?

Top Bottom