• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games: Summer Jam, HK CPTA, SCRII Prelude, X-MANIA XVI! PAX PRIME & MORE

US about to bodied by a European. Can we got to SFV already.

And get bodied by the world again. Don't act like it's not gonna happen

ICKE

Banned
9-0 rofl

I mean cmon, why are US players so nervous against internationals. Just keep your composure and don't let Europeans dictate the pace of the match. Defend your turf.

Animated-Flag-United-Kingdom.gif

animated-norway-flag-2.gif

I can only pray that SF5 Bison does not play anything like SF4 Bison.

A game plan defined by using one move over and over again and mashing cr.lk is very lame.

I don't care how easy or hard it is to win with him in SF4. SF4 Bison cannot happen again.

Imm0rt4l

I can only pray that SF5 Bison does not play anything like SF4 Bison.

A game plan defined by using one move over and over again is very lame.

I don't care how easy or hard it is to win with Bison. SF4 Bison cannot happen again.
He's an obnoxious character for sure. I think sfv not being setup dependent like SF4 and moves being more punishable is a great start. V reversals are good against scissors kicks since you probably know it's coming but they aren't always punishable. Also matchup have always mattered, some character's are just going to have a hard time against him.

Shouta

It's obvious your lens is much different than mine.

About the other thing, I don't think grudge matches like last night are somehow harmful for fighting games. If anything it's better since human behavior is much easier to consume than technical might for someone unfamiliar with the scene. If you gave a random person the choice of 2 youtube videos with one titled "MK player wins 13-0 with incredible gameplay and mixups" and the other "guy talks mad shit on the internet over MK, gets beaten 13-0", which do you think they'd watch?

It's to be expected. The communities within the FGC are wildly different and there are certainly generational/cultural differences in how things are taken and handled. It's great when this stays within the real of a match and in that moment but as Anne points out, it can get nasty if folks aren't willing respect that boundary between the stage and life outside of that stage.

It's great that we have these things but we just gotta be careful unless we clearly set the expectations for conduct.

Shouta

Super bad choice in character to play against Dieminion. While it worked against Du, that's because of the differences in play style.

im all about fighting game grudge matches even if ppl make asses out of them. Sterilized entertainment is kinda boring. Yea it sucks if it goes outside of the game, but you expect better from ppl

Imm0rt4l

KBrad seems to me like he's going to get bodied in SFV unless his fundamentals get better.
Yeah, he's one guy who fell off heavily after delayed wakeup was introduced. And he's to vortex reliant. Gonna have to watch them crosscountertv tutorials.

I think Wolfkrone and Louffy may be in the same boat.

Top Bottom