• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 27 - May 3 | NeoGAF actually plays games?!

Kimosabae

Banned
The hell?

Was the actual sfv logo extra money or something? That shit is indistinguishable from all the other crap on the jersey.

Yeah man, it's totally worth it to millions in order to money hat those hoodies than putting that money into making a game with good netcode.

I know this is supposed to be sarcasm but...

Anne

Progress should be something like

"I frequently lost to X character/tactic/gimmick before, but now it happens less often/not at all"

"I used to frequentlt drop X combo in matches, but now it happens less often/not at all"

Substitute any problem event for X.

When you work on all of your X problems, the final quantification, winning, naturally follows.

If you're American:

"I used to frequently lose, now I play this other game and I'll lose less for the first month"

The guy that Viscant beat in that 'grudge match' and then lost in the pre and postmatch smacktalk, and then kept failing at physically intimidating Viscant despite being a foot taller and fifty pounds heavier but had some choreographed poses he needed to share with the public? That guy?

Yes. I consider the fact that I remember him (and that I am not alone in that) a problem.

Manbig

Yes. I consider the fact that I remember him (and that I am not alone in that) a problem.

I'm with you. That guy should easily just be ignored and forgotten, but people feel the need to constantly bring up how much of an idiot he is, and that keeps him relevant. DSP is another one. FGC chats and forums just seem to love those two.

Using that recent thread as an example, the guy got his combo down in training mode but as soon as he went online he completely forgot how to perform it under pressure. At that point you wonder if a) you actually ever mastered that combo like you thought you did and b) whether or not it even mattered in the grand scheme of things. The number displayed might be higher but you don't feel any better at the game.
Guess it depends on the person. I was grinding a combo in training but the first time I did the whole thing correctly was in a random ranked match. Of course that was persona and minazuki, so that might not mean anything.

Although to be honest I think in the case of your example that person just had no idea what to do in neutral or had a game plan so the decision making process was stuck in limbo. I imagine this is a problem for most people starting out.

Are you trying to say that other fighting game players do the exact same thing anime players are accused of all the time by jumping to new games? Never.

;)

1336052-2312288093_9f8f143d6a.jpg

Anne

At least the not anime players will lose after a month or two then go back to mindlessly pushing buttons in their comfort game forever. We'd see that happen a lot more in "Capcom" or other big name scenes, but they don't have games come out in their comfort zone often enough.

reminder that kvo for ultra is going to start in about 3 hours
i trust the glorious nippon TO's in running the event on time

got the start time from r/kappa

notable players in the tournament include tokido, kazunoko, kog, nemo, pepeday, itabashi, fubarduck and many more.

are there entrant numbers for all the games? since there's more than just Street Fighter

Kumubou

They all post here. Joule, Rhapsody, and Morris. Rhapsody was already playing UNIEL and I asked the other two if they wanted to play. Everyone seems to be rust except Rhap lol.
I recognized Rhapsody and Joule, but the comment was more in the context of "How the heck did a GAF UNIEL lobby even come to exist?"

Rhapsody

Banned
They all post here. Joule, Rhapsody, and Morris. Rhapsody was already playing UNIEL and I asked the other two if they wanted to play. We all seem to be rusty except Rhap lol.

I was in a lobby yesterday which really helped lol. It didn't help enough though against Nanase matchups :(

El Sloth

Banned
I recognized Rhapsody and Joule, but the comment was more in the context of "How the heck did a GAF UNIEL lobby even come to exist?"
Basically, in my thirst to play UNIEL I reached out to everyone on my friends list that I knew played at one point or another lol

Top Bottom