• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | April 16-22

It would be very cool if a scene sprouted up around VF5FS. Damn game deserves it. Even a small hardcore following who impose it at locals would be great.

No they don't, VF5 isn't some new game, it came out in 2006. Sega had their chance to win a market share back when competition barely existed, then they went to release VF5R to kill any chances of the game making it big in the FGC. It seems that they are much more aware and supportive of the FGC now, but it's too little too late. Hopefully they wouldn't do point their middle finger at the console crowd again for VF6.

Are they gonna do this like the previous WMFs, as in show us couple of AE matches then its SFxT all the way without even showing the AE GF ?

Might be a good time to check out the spooky archives if so.

K.Sabot

Are they gonna do this like the previous WMFs, as in show us couple of AE matches then its SFxT all the way without even showing the AE GF ?

Might be a good time to check out the spooky archives if so.

Hour of AE, 3 hours of SFxT and they forget to do AE finals.

Sounds like the usual WNF to me.

sleepykyo

No they don't, VF5 isn't some new game, it came out in 2006. Sega had their chance to win a market share back when competition barely existed, then they went to release VF5R to kill any chances of the game making it big in the FGC. It seems that they are much more aware and supportive of the FGC now, but it's too little too late. Hopefully they wouldn't do point their middle finger at the console crowd again for VF6.

How did they point their finger? They released VF5 in a timely manner on the PS3. They then released ver. C with amazing netcode on the 360. The US FGC doesn't care about anything but Capcom games. eg. the so called dark ages, the low stream numbers for MK and SC solo streams, etc.

AJ showing off his APM.
Aq0yPkWCQAAObqO.jpg

Anyone else kind of have a feeling that it's only a matter of time before they move UMvC3 + KOFXIII to Weds and SFxT + AE to Thurs? Alex Valle isn't the type of person to push his SF love too far and the SFxT/AE pairing is killing the WNF brand.

Anyone else kind of have a feeling that it's only a matter of time before they move UMvC3 + KOFXIII to Weds and SFxT + AE to Thurs? Alex Valle isn't the type of person to push his SF love too far and the SFxT/AE pairing is killing the WNF brand.

Did you watch the pre show? Valle pretty much hinted that SF4 is going to be on WNF no matter what. Justin and Valle also agreed that SF4 still has the biggest draw due to the fact that people have put in too much time to give up on it. Plus the international competition is so strong that U.S players won't be quitting anytime soon since we still have catching up to do.

Did you watch the pre show? Valle pretty much hinted that SF4 is going to be on WNF no matter what. Justin and Valle also agreed that SF4 still has the biggest draw due to the fact that people have put in too much time to give up on it. Plus the international competition is so strong that U.S players won't be quitting anytime soon since we still have catching up to do.

Pushing the game back to Thursday isn't giving up on it, just putting it on the backburner.

sleepykyo

Guessing SFxT just dies after Evo. UMvC3 goes back to WNF and KOF13 gets dropped when the runback gets canceled. The player base got spread too thin since no one is going to suffer two consecutive nights of sleep deprivation.

Pushing the game back to Thursday isn't giving up on it, just putting it on the backburner.

I know but he said something along the lines that the reason WNF blew up was because of the SF4 stream. It's not going anywhere.

Also I don't see how TRB is inferior to WNF. The numbers are pretty much the same and sometimes TRB even bring in more viewers.

TRUE OR FALSE WHAT YEAR DID JUSTIN WONG JOIN EMPIRE ARCADIA?! - TriForce

lol

I guess that college education he's going back for is really worth it.

Thursday is a far better day for UMvC3 and KOF. It was terrible being torn between WNF and Big Two. I actually get some breathing room now that Thursdays are available. Do Spooky and the WNF folks ever talk about this sort of thing? The slots have always been really close together until now and the offerings were similar until they added SFxT and KOF.

I consider The Runback my main weekly thanks to the breathing room and I can actually watch Big Two now. I definitely wouldn't want to go back to the days of SF->MvC3->SF->MvC3.

I know but he said something along the lines that the reason WNF blew up was because of the SF4 stream. It's not going anywhere.

Also I don't see how TRB is inferior to WNF. The numbers are pretty much the same and sometimes TRB even bring in more viewers.

MvC3 did far more to blow WNF up than SF4. The WNF brand is just too big now to go to waste and like it or not its numbers are going to continue falling as people continue to jump out of the SFxT ship. Under such circumstances it doesn't make a lot of sense to continue pairing SFxT and AE under the WNF brand.

I am DYING @ this Triforce popoff. Holy shit!
KuGsj.gif

After all these years Triforce keeps saying he's "grown", but I still the same ass Trifroce from back in 2000.

Somethings never change.....

MvC3 did far more to blow WNF up than SF4. The WNF brand is just too big now to go to waste and like it or not its numbers are going to continue falling as people continue to jump out of the SFxT ship. Under such circumstances it doesn't make a lot of sense to continue pairing SFxT and AE under the WNF brand.

He was talking about how it started in SHGLBMX garage to the proud bird then Super Arcade. It moved out of the garage thanks to SF4.

Triforce yelling at Yipes? LOL

We are all frauds!!!

Did he literally just say "WNF EAT A DICK?" Talk about never ever being allowed back in Cali....

EMP Stream highlights:

- BloodyBison drunk pop off. He want everyone to come back to empire.
- Rahsaan is forgetful about giving sanford money, gets angry about it and screams at (verbally abuses)girlfriend and argues with triforce.
- Triforce does legendary pop off about entire FGC and how fake everybody is. No one will talk shit to him in his face. Real talk.
- FingerCramp is fraudulent and Hak is a hack. He treats Jago and ChrisG like shit.
- Triforce knows really why gootecks left CC.
- Everyone in the chat was asking Rahsaans puerto rican girlfriend to take her cloths off.
including me
- Yipes popped in the stream chat then left swiftly after seeing the madness.
- Triforce hates but respects FChamp because he's real.
- DSP makes more money than triforce.

Dick Fraud WINS!.

EMP Stream highlights:

- BloodyBison drunk pop off. He want everyone to come back to empire.
- Rahsaan is forgetful about giving sanford money, gets angry about it and screams at (verbally abuses)girlfriend and argues with triforce.
- Triforce does legendary pop off about entire FGC and how fake everybody is. No one will talk shit to him in his face. Real talk.
- FingerCramp is fraudulent and Hak is a hack. He treats Jago and ChrisG like shit.
- Triforce knows really why gootecks left CC.
- Everyone in the chat was asking Rahsaans puerto rican girlfriend to take her cloths off.
including me
- Yipes popped in the stream chat then left swiftly after seeing the madness.
- Triforce hates but respects FChamp because he's real.
- DSP makes more money than triforce.

- You forgot to add that the Presidential election is fraudulent and the New World Order has already determine the next president.
- Freedom is a bad thing.

Top Bottom