• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 4-10 | IT DOES NOT FOLLOW ANY REASON

Marz

I picked up Ken lately. I never realized how good Tiger Knee was for Sagat. Still, not going back now.

RIP, old tiger.

Noooooooooo

Tiger knee is one of those moves that a lot of people sleep on. Not sure why though, given it's utility.

Knee doesn't do enough damage on the second hit to justify its risk. It was really good because fireballs were better before now they suck.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
This new pachislot game will blow ur mind!

;________;

BuKE6cmCMAAEh0N.jpg:large

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
joke disclaimer: Not all anime players are void of footsies, but it's clear UNiEL is of a much different pace and a lot of the community is having issues adjusting :v I witnessed people not knowing how to deal with fireball > AA today.

The amount of people I saw jump at Hilda after an orb set up at that last tournament was hilarious, even after it happened once to them already.

I just needed to get used to playing a character with-out a reversal in a game like this as I typically have one, now that I'm using veil off a little better things have gone a little more smoothly for me.

That's my main, yo. Seriously, dude hits so hard.

Other characters can hit quite a bit harder, it's just his bnb stuff is typically very easy. Gordeau is one of those characters that caps off early.

I'm honestly more scared of a good Merkava, Vatista or Eltnum

The amount of people I saw jump at Hilda after an orb set up at that last tournament was hilarious, even after it happened once to them already.

I just needed to get used to playing a character with-out a reversal in a game like this as I typically have one, now that I'm using veil off a little better things have gone a little more smoothly for me.

Other characters can hit quite a bit harder, it's just his bnb stuff is typically very easy. Gordeau is one of those characters that caps off early.

I'm honestly more scared of a good Merkava, Vatista or Eltnum

merkava full screen pokes are mad dumb lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Not too sure exactly, I know I've been hit out of his limb moves before just throwing them out when I was toying around with him

I know Orie and Eltnum can punish his 236A with super, so it probably depends on your character's options.

I was wondering about the C version. I was watching top 8 at tsb and lk was saying that super/ex was safe on block even though matt coma was consistently getting hit by the reversal

Weird to see UNiEL talk in here still. I honestly thought it would get Skullgirl'd and get ignored after week one. :/

Would probably pick it up if I wasn't practicing for Versus Fighting in a few weeks.

Fun UK story for you all. Some old heads might remember Super Versus Battle - a relatively long running event that served as the UK's main major for several years. They announced their main event for this year based around of their old haunt in Harrow, North London back in April.

That was the last anyone has ever heard from them. The 'major' is this Saturday/Sunday.

The organisers have totally avoided responsibility. They announced ten or so tournaments, but are running no tournaments themselves. One Tekken player called TheChef came forward to run the Tekken event, and he has been the only person to actually set anything up outside of the Smash Melee scene.

Basically the event has turned from this possibly huge deal - some big relaunch for the London scene - into a two-day Tekken and Smash event that at best might have a few less popular games like USF4, or Mahvel, provided someone brings along a setup and a pad of paper and decides to run a little something.

I have gone to a lot of tournaments. This is the first one I have booked holidays off for and then decided to not bother. It is utterly bizarre.

Rhapsody

Banned
I was wondering about the C version. I was watching top 8 at tsb and lk was saying that super/ex was safe on block even though matt coma was consistently getting hit by the reversal

The flailing super? It can be punished if that's the one you're talking about.

I need to head to class, but I'll find the list on punishes.

Pics_nao

So I was re-listening to Lupe Fiasco's The Cool when on Gold Watch he said "I love Street Fighter 2 I just really hate Zangief. Only Ken and Ryu, I find it hard to beat Blanka"

Was Blanka an ass to fight in SF2? I don't remember. It's been so long that I don't even remember what SF2 looks like <_<

Sayad

HELL ON EARTH
BuNRxRZIEAAFi2-.jpg
Is there any other guy in the industry with a position as high as Ono's yet does so much on the ground marketing stuff?

Capcom just sent this "producer" to SDCC only to coseplay and meet the fans? Couldn't they just send Combofiend? Hell, he would at least make for a better Hugo coseplay. Capcom will work Ono to death when the next SF game is announced and he actually have a reason to travel for marketing purposes.

Village

So I was re-listening to Lupe Fiasco's The Cool when on Gold Watch he said "I love Street Fighter 2 I just really hate Zangief. Only Ken and Ryu, I find it hard to beat Blanka"

Was Blanka an ass to fight in SF2? I don't remember. It's been so long that I don't even remember what SF2 looks like <_<

Thanks for having good taste.

Also I don't like fighting blanka in every street fighter game, even when you win agaist him its just annoying.

Sounds like a Turbo T Double lyric, lmao

OceanBlue

The flailing super? It can be punished if that's the one you're talking about.

I need to head to class, but I'll find the list on punishes.

Oh shit, for some reason I thought Merkava's 236 was the long-range grabby-arm move.

The flailing super is unsafe if you shield the last hit, but if you don't it's safe (Orie can 2A it on shield). There's actually a video on how to punish the super: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24154508

ibrahima

Banned
Fun UK story for you all.

Is it the Dentons or Mark Starkey & Simeon this time round? I could have sworn it was Mark as the Heart of Gaming page was doing announcements for it at first. Not suprised that they've slept on it either way, VS Fighting is a much better option for any UK and euro players. London scene is getting embarrassing.

B_Raw

Neo Member
Is there any other guy in the industry with a position as high as Ono's yet does so much on the ground marketing stuff?

Capcom just sent this "producer" to SDCC only to coseplay and meet the fans? Couldn't they just send Combofiend? Hell, he would at least make for a better Hugo coseplay. Capcom will work Ono to death when the next SF game is announced and he actually have a reason to travel for marketing purposes.

I walked past the capcom booth when he was signing the Kid Robot Mecha Zangief's last year and he just looked so tired. I felt pretty bad for him.

Kikujiro

I think Ono (and Harada too) fits the FG community, a lot of passion and not taking themselves too seriously. Thank God we have them, Capcom and the other Japanese companies often seem like unreachable entities that don't care about their fans.

I'm in my late 30s and I have decided to be OK at fighting games. My only experience is hopelessly mashing buttons when playing SF2 with friends. Time to subscribe to this thread!!!!

I'm in my late 30s and I have decided to be OK at fighting games. My only experience is hopelessly mashing buttons when playing SF2 with friends. Time to subscribe to this thread!!!!

No one is playing fighting games here, we're just talking about them :(

Welcome ! Feel free to ask anything !

the only thing you will learn here is fgc drama, memes, bad pun titles and ANIME.

Top Bottom