• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 4-10 | IT DOES NOT FOLLOW ANY REASON

CPS2

I'd love to see Triforce on one of those gametrailers shows that pachter is always on, introduced as some kind of nintendo expert.

Played Rise of the Incarnates for about fifteen minutes today. I didn't get any feeling of depth. Is it actually much cop?

Playing a lot of MTG at the moment as a side thing to try and figure out some things I am doing wrong in competitive games in general. Learned a lot of reasons to appreciate fighting games. It is so expensive to actually play Magic, when a fighter is so cheap in comparison.

L2P

Neo Member
soooo... just started playing ultra. I must say, I think i may start playing seriously again. Just played online but I am liking new blanka.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
A while ago I had a thought experiment where Triforce handled Nintendo Treehouse and I couldn't come to a conclusion as to whether that would be a good idea or not. On one hand, parroting PR and having limited interaction or access to people's opinions outside of the Nintendo bubble (pretty much how Triforce works anyways) seems like it would be perfect for him. On the other hand, dude is pretty much unpredictable, lashing out even in the middle of being diplomatic.

Spacebar

That is a shame to hear about Ultra on PC. I'll wait and see if Capcom can fix it. I'll stick with ps3 until then. I haven't had too many issues online except the occasional "waiting for player" pop up mid match.

smurfx

get some go again
That is a shame to hear about Ultra on PC. I'll wait and see if Capcom can fix it. I'll stick with ps3 until then. I haven't had too many issues online except the occasional "waiting for player" pop up mid match.
the godlike cacpcom programmers did it again?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

Triforce is part of the Nintendo Illuminati... IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!

He would fit right in in Nintendo threads here TBH.

I don't know about you, but from the times I've been on Nintendo threads, its just honest positivity and hype. Now on the other hand, a few people here have had some scuffles with them. It does hectic when one person disagrees with the pack.

*returns USF4 for PS3 back to amazon*

jbug617

Banned
A while ago I had a thought experiment where Triforce handled Nintendo Treehouse and I couldn't come to a conclusion as to whether that would be a good idea or not. On one hand, parroting PR and having limited interaction or access to people's opinions outside of the Nintendo bubble (pretty much how Triforce works anyways) seems like it would be perfect for him. On the other hand, dude is pretty much unpredictable, lashing out even in the middle of being diplomatic.

I just thought about it but imagine when the next Nintendo console comes out, Triforce is going to be part of a documentary chronicle his love for Nintendo and him waiting in line.

To Youtube's credit, their system does at least sort of eventually work, in my experience. I get hit with unjustified copyright claims with some frequency, and even though they shouldn't happen in the first place (it's always attributed to some group who doesn't even have authority over the material in question) and even though they tend to take too long to get overturned, not one of them has stuck forever (save for the ones that are actually attributed to the original rights holders, which I don't contest). So the appeals process is alright; it's the automated system that flags the shit in the first place that's still broken. It used to be considerably worse.

On the other hand, the Twitch "appeals" process is supposedly just an e-mail link to support at the moment, lol.
I'm more worried about stuff like Sega going on a takedown rampage and Nintendo taking everyone's CPM, both of which are semi-legal and semi-endorsed by the system over at youtube. It's one thing for incorrect or malicious reportings, but it's another thing for disputes between content creators and copyright holders, because they will always judge in favor of the rights holder. If Twitch ever recovers from this I'm worried about the sort of future where people's streams get taken down if a publisher thinks they're representing their new game unfavorably, or if someone's stream is competing with an official stream, etc.
There's a lot of weirdness about this whole situation that makes me wonder whether the google buyout happened, or, instead, they are close to a deal but google told them to get their house in order first.

Like, why hasn't google made any securities filings about the acquisition? Maybe the price is way lower than reported or maybe even $1B isn't material for google. Why aren't they using google systems? Why isn't it announced period, all the cloak and dagger is bizarre.

The theory I've heard is that google has a ton of existing contracts with copyright holders, record labels, movie companies, etc., and since Twitch never really cared too much about infringing copyrights their VOD backlog is basically a giant landfill of copyrighted material. If google acquires Twitch, and by proxy acquires Twitch's VOD collection, they're liable to be sued for being in violation of their current contracts with copyright holders. So before google can take any steps towards acquisition, Twitch has to purge all their "incriminating material", hence the robot mute system and the impending mass VOD deletion.

Played Rise of the Incarnates for about fifteen minutes today. I didn't get any feeling of depth. Is it actually much cop?

Playing a lot of MTG at the moment as a side thing to try and figure out some things I am doing wrong in competitive games in general. Learned a lot of reasons to appreciate fighting games. It is so expensive to actually play Magic, when a fighter is so cheap in comparison.

Play Limited it's much less expensive and rewarding

mbpm1

Seems like they fixed my favorite match in the game, Juri vs Hugo.

HP fireball doesn't magically hit a hurtbox in the sky anymore.

But mp fireball still goes through him for some reason.

Edit: nevermind it still hits above his head, not as high as I remember it, maybe they didn't fix it?

MP Fireballs don't hit crouching characters. Hugo crouches, so even tho his big potato head is crossing the visual animation of the fireball, it doesn't hit.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Felicia is a really creepy looking character when you really stop and look at her

K.Sabot

MP Fireballs don't hit crouching characters. Hugo crouches, so even tho his big potato head is crossing the visual animation of the fireball, it doesn't hit.

Unfortunately HP fireball still hits him crouching...

best match up of all time, thanks capcom.

Azure J

Felicia is a really creepy looking character when you really stop and look at her

All the Darkstalkers should be creepy/somewhat unsettling when you think about it, but Bengus was a character design god that was able to play up both the horror and "fun" aspects of design well enough. Now because of such, we have a franchise that's remembered because the internet loves them some waifu and "Morrigan and Felicia came from it" instead of "Pyron, Q-Bee, BB Hood and Bishamon came from it."

Totally random response, I know. :p

Shouta

Still really bummed about Hito this morning. =/

At any rate getting breakfast, picking my rail pass and then probably hitting up akiba for gaming stuff and gundam. Going with neno tomorrow for topanga. Meeting him, abegen, and tokido for dinner on Tuesday too.

Dahbomb

All the Darkstalkers should be creepy/somewhat unsettling when you think about it, but Bengus was a character design god that was able to play up both the horror and "fun" aspects of design well enough. Now because of such, we have a franchise that's remembered because the internet loves them some waifu and "Morrigan and Felicia came from it" instead of "Pyron, Q-Bee, BB Hood and Bishamon came from it."

Totally random response, I know. :p
The problem is more Capcom's own fault for promoting the waifus over the cooler Darkstalkers character. People still at least know about Dimitri because he was featured in some Capcom crossover games but for the most part the other characters are almost completely ignored in favor of Morrigan and Felicia.

DunpealD

It definitely feels like a toned down version of Gundam EXVS right now. Less movement options and in general slower movement.
Considering that EXVS has a lot of history behind it, Rise of Incarnates seems kinda passable for a first try.
Obviously unlike other traditional fighting games it's 2v2 and focuses more on basic play instead of heavy execution, which makes it definitely more approachable. The depth lies pretty much in teamplay, movement, strategy and spacing. EXVS vets can without a doubt crush beginners in this game.

I have to say though that game is one unoptimized resource hungry piece of a game. I never had so much resources used for a PC game(about 2GB of RAM and about 90% CPU Usage).

Play Limited it's much less expensive and rewarding

Local shop is rotating out of draft for the next eight weeks. :( Had fun tonight though, if I had been more confident I would probably have gone 2-1 rather than 1-1-1.

I will never complain about Capcom money-grabbing tactics again after seeing how daft even Standard gets price-wise. Wanna get an optimal mana base? Please pay Mr Trader £100. :/

But yeah, fighting games da best. Can't out-purchase your opponents! :p

Kumubou

It definitely feels like a toned down version of Gundam EXVS right now. Less movement options and in general slower movement.
Considering that EXVS has a lot of history behind it, Rise of Incarnates seems kinda passable for a first try.
Obviously unlike other traditional fighting games it's 2v2 and focuses more on basic play instead of heavy execution, which makes it definitely more approachable. The depth lies pretty much in teamplay, movement, strategy and spacing. EXVS vets can without a doubt crush beginners in this game.
My one major problem with movement in Rise of Incarnates is that using boost seems like such a needless commitment most of the time. Once you start using it, you have to burn through the entire meter with no way of exiting it early, which is wack.

My one major problem with movement in Rise of Incarnates is that using boost seems like such a needless commitment most of the time. Once you start using it, you have to burn through the entire meter with no way of exiting it early, which is wack.
You can just return the movement stick to neutral and you'll drop if that's what you mean.

Top Bottom