• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Aug 4-10 | IT DOES NOT FOLLOW ANY REASON

the obituary pretty much confirms it.

I just saw it now. :(

I hope you don't mean what I think you mean. And I hope even more that's not what happened. I lost someone very, very close to me a couple months ago that way.

I'm not sure what you think I mean.

I only meant to communicate the idea that I held some disbelief in his passing. I think this is a normal reaction to the passing of someone who you saw interacting with others a short time prior.

El Sloth

Banned
This news about Hito has me seriously bummed. I'll definitely miss him a hell of a lot. Here, other threads, IRC, etc.

I only knew the dude online, but man...

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Hope Hito had a fulfilling and extremely enjoyable life.

Its a shame, one of the most respectable and intellectual posters I've ever seen. Man, now I have a hole in my chest that came back after my grandfather died. Never will adapt to people dying. Wish his loved ones the best.

Kumubou

Wow, Hitokage passing is... really surprising, but it's a reminder that every day matters, because you won't know when it's your last. Didn't really know him until recently, but he seemed really chill and I can see why he was one of the most respected posters on the site. Condolences to his family and anyone that was close.

AAK

FGW| Button mashing is to fighting games as drake is to rapping

IVSushY.gif

alstein

You may want to look in the Ultra thread first lol. Game apparently has crazy freezing issues. Hilarious that they delayed the PC release and it's apparently the most broken version.

I played two people, one had freezing issues (and his mic on like a dumbass), the other was fine.

I suspect some freezes are people being dumb.

Rhapsody

Banned
I wish Hitokage was one of the player spotlights (unless I missed it since I don't see it on the google sheet).

Was looking through and wanted to see his answers to those questions.

Uraizen

Banned
sucks about hito. I remember him posting some good shit. Will be missed most def.

Hows the Dengeki fighting game? Any anime heads know how good it is ? Might import vita and ps3 if its good

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...eywords=ps+vita$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0012087

Supposedly the game itself is legit even without the waifu stuff. I'm sure Anne will be more than happy to give you a bit more detail on it.
Because I can't. =(

Supposedly the game itself is legit even without the waifu stuff. I'm sure Anne will be more than happy to give you a bit more detail on it.
Because I can't. =(

Thanks.

Anne please! I want to know if i should import just to get more games
that i won't play!

Rhapsody

Banned
sucks about hito. I remember him posting some good shit. Will be missed most def.

Hows the Dengeki fighting game? Any anime heads know how good it is ? Might import vita and ps3 if its good

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/de...eywords=ps+vita$pagemax=20$getcnt=0$pagecnt=1

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=GAME-0012087

The game looks alright. Nothing really broken about it. The biggest part of playing it is of course if you know the cast from the light novels and anime. In terms of gameplay, my only issue with it are supers. You build so much meter that most BnBs just end with super. The game looks simple compared to other anime fighters, but still looks fun enough.

I think the characters' playstyles could use a lot more work though. Since it's an anime game that's not combo crazy, it sort of hurts when the characters aren't crazy unique like in other fighters. There are assists to make up for that at least (although people are going for the same assists).

Don't get me wrong, the characters do play differently, but I wouldn't put it on the same effort of UNI or ASW games for neutral.

BGMNTS

After hours of not being able to do most of the trial combos on Third Strike and IV, i think its best to retire from online play before I even start. I would get double perfected every time. I'm always stunned by how bad my usually decent timing is :/

WTF, you guys have to be shitting me. Hito is really dead? I didn't know him well but he was the first GAF'er that I played in SF4 and met in real life. We had a lot of sets together on PC. He asked me to come to the local tournament several times. I finally attended one and I'm glad I did. I got to meet Hito and participate in my first tournament which ultimately led me to attending EVO the year after. I didn't get to know him that well, we only met at tournaments. But he was a pretty cool guy. Now I kind of feel bad about not spending more time trying to learn Arcana Hearts when he was trying to teach me this one day lol(not intended in a bad way, just a funny moment I wanted to bring up).

I was pretty devastated when the Broncos got destroyed in the past Super Bowl. But part me feels good knowing that Hito got to see his boys win the big one before he left us.

After hours of not being able to do most of the trial combos on Third Strike and IV, i think its best to retire from online play before I even start. I would get double perfected every time. I'm always stunned by how bad my usually decent timing is :/

Trial combos are a poor predictor for success fighting other people, especially the ones in capcom games. Spacing and timing and reads are much more important. You can definitely win online with no or only simple combos. Give it a try.

Re: Hitokage. Jeez, 31 is much much too young to go. RIP. =(

You'll get better.

It took 15 hours aka a record of 8-192 for me to finally start not getting destroyed by other noobs. Now I lose AFTER putting up a fight and SOMETIMES winning or almost winning a round.

It's just gonna take a while for you to learn character tendencies and what moves are incoming and how to react.

Bad news about Hito. :(

Thomasorus posting reminded me that there is going to be the announcement of a Dreamhack France event today according to Twitter.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Alpha was a huge bust for me so im not gonna even bother
You
Ill give it a shot when it hits full release.

I'm reading the Facebook page for my local tournament series "Rock'em Sock'em" aka "ReSe". I'm not sure if this is appropriate but I thought I would post the reason for why he passed away here

Joshua Taylor said:
Blood clot in his lung, it started sometime during Evo Weekend. It was too small for him to notice and all he had was a cough, so he thought he just caught a bad bug for the past two weeks.

The next tournament is this coming weekend(in Charlotte, NC) and they're holding a donation drive for his family. I don't know if I can attend though but I will donate if I'm there. If posting the reason for his passing is inappropriate then I'll delete it. But man just the thought of how he passed away terrifies me because it's something you probably can't see coming. RIP again Hito.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
try games with more lenient combos like soul calibur or virtua fighter.

DunpealD

Always sad to see someone pass away and 31 is far too early :(. Rest in peace and my condolences to his friends and family.

Many of the trial combos are useless. You should stick to easy BnBs first and then go further with combos that have tight links. Characters like Evil Ryu are not good for beginners, try to stick to characters like Ryu/Ken first who are less about big combos and more about solid play.

Beckx

@TwitchSupport 11h
We're removing the 2h limit on highlights, and making an appeal button for muted vods. Hopefully re:VODs this will help cut down bugs! ^AC

Will be interesting to see how the appeal system works.

Top Bottom