• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 22-28 | On the Xrd Day of Christmas

fader

I like I-No's VA, very fitting, she only need to make proper kisses sounds while doing 2P or Longing Desperation.

its decent. definitely not one of the worsts ones but listening to it reminded me of a lower caliber Poison VA. and out of the two, Poison's is ten-fold better especially her SFxT one. sad they took a lot of her SFxT quotes out in USF4. :(

xCobalt

Saw on twitter that theres gonna be a Clockwork vs Apologyman mm again tonight. Couldn't find a time though. Anyone got an idea?

Mr. X

I would be more than OK with Lab Zero overhauling the online functionality (and have them port it to PC, while you're at it)... but I don't think I would even want Mike Z touching the game's balance; the last thing we need is an SSS-tier Potemkin.
Mike would just do AC Pot without the slidehead otg combos. He said that was too strong himself in the past.

Sayad

mike z also hates YRC with a passion from what I heard
Pretty much every single time I've heard him talk about the game, it was something negative, even while talking about the graphic he'd complain about supers zoom in during the freeze, the cinematic stuff during some supers and even the zoomed in spinning camera during round ending hits. But yea, it's clear he hate YRC the most.

Azure J

I've been playing a bunch of Xrd today trying to level up but I feel like there's so much I have to get used to again. It seriously feels weird to be at absolute zero with a new fighting game. I keep thinking some of my knowledge should easily transfer but then I do the Day 1 "afraid to push buttons" thing since I don't know what's free, what's a real blockstring/pressure pattern, & what gets blown up. I also SUCK at GG combos something fierce.
At the very least I still have pokes and spacing. Jump canceled normals also lead to some hilarity when Ramlethal can both poke into long distance confirms and air dash mixups with her Xbox-huge standing slash. :lol
I also still have to get used to all the GG/ArcSys specific stuff. Really want to do it though, the few moments where something clicked for me while playing, I felt AWESOME. I actually managed to get a shotgun loop (like 3 or 4 reps) with Elphet, re-cementing my desire to play this character and bully people in the corner. The damage is fucking REAL.

In non-growing pains discussion though, that fuckin' story mode though. (Spoilers of course)

- Put_Johnny_and_Dizzy_in_Xrd
- Holy FUCK Ky got popped. Like damn.
- Dark Elphet needs to be an alt color like NOW.
- Revelation of what really happened that lead to Japan getting destroyed was pretty whoa, even for me as a casual consumer of GG lore.
- "Mother" is some real Edritch level shit isn't she?
- Burgers.
- Bedman is the most intriguing character in the roster.

Sayad

In non-growing pains discussion though, that fuckin' story mode though. (Spoilers of course)

- Put_Johnny_and_Dizzy_in_Xrd
- Holy FUCK Ky got popped. Like damn.
- Dark Elphet needs to be an alt color like NOW.
- Revelation of what really happened that lead to Japan getting destroyed was pretty whoa, even for me as a casual consumer of GG lore.
- "Mother" is some real Edritch level shit isn't she?
- Burgers.
- Bedman is the most intriguing character in the roster.
I just wish I-No had more screen time. :(

Also, El's damage is real, even from basic low execution stuff like Bridal Express loops.

Top Bottom