• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 22-28 | On the Xrd Day of Christmas

Probably late on this, but as of yesterday here are the Apex 2015 singles registration numbers:

SSB: 63
SSBM: 442
SSBB: 49
Sm4sh: 251

lol @ smash 64 > brawl

Also, at this point, it seems kinda clear that the Melee community mostly isn't willing to give Smash 4 a chance, not even at its first major event. The Brawl community has largely left Brawl behind and are moving on to Smash 4.

Another fun fact: Bill Trinen of Nintendo of America retweeted this, and also tweeted about the event. Pretty cool!

well, when people abandon the game well before the sequel even comes out, this is what happens lol (seriously wtf, couldn't even stick with it until Smash 4 at least?)

also I see the (preliminary?) Smash 4 Apex ruleset came out

sikvod00

Banned
Commentators on TSB stream keep complaining about Milia and how set play she is. I know next to nothing about Xrd, but I'm already annoyed hearing it repeated over and over, even if the character is S tier. How good is she anyways?

Rhapsody

Banned
Commentators on TSB keep complaining about Milia and how "set play" she is. I don't know much about Xrd, but I'm already annoyed hearing it repeated over and over, even if the character is S tier. How good is Milia anyways?

S tier. 2nd to Zato.

Her setplay really is dumb though. Every matchup becomes the same once she gets things going.

Basically when she gets that good hit, she gets good corner carry into lots of ambiguous mixups.

Azure J

Commentators on TSB stream keep complaining about Milia and how set play she is. I know next to nothing about Xrd, but I'm already annoyed hearing it repeated over and over, even if the character is S tier. How good is she anyways?

What I don't get is that even for me whose first GG is Xrd, I wonder why everyone's complaining. Hasn't she been doing this since the first GG after all?

S tier. 2nd to Zato.

Her setplay really is dumb though. Every matchup becomes the same once she gets things going.

Basically when she gets that good hit, she gets good corner carry into lots of ambiguous mixups.

Oh, so Ram isn't the S++ demon anymore? Neat, I'm playing A+ again! :lol

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Millia's new disc animation pisses me the fuck off. Plus she super benefits from cancel time slow.

Millia has always been the try hard's character of choice though.

Rhapsody

Banned
What I don't get is that even for me whose first GG is Xrd, I wonder why everyone's complaining. Hasn't she been doing this since the first GG after all?

Oh, so Ram isn't the S++ demon anymore? Neat, I'm playing A+ again! :lol

I would say Zato is better than Millia. And yeah, Millia's been dumb in a lot of GG. She's just especially boring for me to play/watch though, even though I like the character. Millia was a bit more fun to watch in AC games. Plus she had to actually learn a variety of combos while Xrd is mostly the same one.

Millia's new disc animation posses me the fuck off. Plus she super benefits from cancel time slow

"I want free advantage right now" *YRC S disc*

Edit: I know it costs meter, so don't take "free advantage" literally lol

Rhapsody

Banned
Faust, Chipp, and Axl are the only characters I haven't used or fought against in Xrd at the moment.

Not looking forward to fighting those first two, especially figuring out the Chipp matchup.

I would say Zato is better than Millia. And yeah, Millia's been dumb in a lot of GG. She's just especially boring for me to play/watch though, even though I like the character. Millia was a bit more fun to watch in AC games. Plus she had to actually learn a variety of combos while Xrd is mostly the same one.

I really liked the mirror. Felt like watching Melee <3

I hope I can still get a job after this

NUOQKaq.jpg

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Wew finally back home... and now I can finally sleep in a bed again. My back is grateful xD Looks like PSN is stable now too. Perfect :p

Village

USF4 PC anyone?

Eh, I'm that good but whats ya name dude I'm up for actually playing fighting games

I hope I can still get a job after this

NUOQKaq.jpg

You have satan powers now it cool

Or lincon park powers I dunno which one you are

I like how people talked shit abut Lucky Cloe ( somewhat deservedly so ) and There is an amalgamation of the first two lincon park albums as a character in tekken. Like if you play breaking the habit backwards, there are instructions on how to summon devil jin into this realm.

vulva

Sorry to the people who said yes, I checked every so often then got caught in some matches.
If anyone wants to USF4 on Steam: vulvapalooza

edit: actually nm, feeling mad lazy now

Top Bottom