• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Dec 22-28 | On the Xrd Day of Christmas

Lee Chung is so real brehs.

thick thots
feedme.png

We tried to play 8 player Smash yesterday, it retroactively ruined the rest of Smash Bros for us and we went back and played Kirby Air Ride and it was much more enjoyable

petghost

Banned
Yo giant bomb threads are hella weird...I can't believe we're worried about community when all that ever. goes on in those threads are these weird circlejerks and idol worship...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Its my BIRTHDAY, because of that, I give this to myself:
FHYsF1o.png
FHYsF1o.png
FHYsF1o.png
FHYsF1o.png
Happy Birthday!

We tried to play 8 player Smash yesterday, it retroactively ruined the rest of Smash Bros for us and we went back and played Kirby Air Ride and it was much more enjoyable
I maintain that 8 player Smash is not really fun. Takes all the intimacy out of it. It's like when FPS games go for super high player counts to woo in casuals and the gameplay breaks down.

Yo giant bomb threads are hella weird...I can't believe we're worried about community when all that ever. goes on in those threads are these weird circlejerks and idol worship...
These threads have hints of circle jerk too, but that's what happens when communities relish in their insularity. Of course those threads are on another level (and circumvented community rules staying in gaming for a while for some strange reason too IIRC).

I just find it strange considering how pessimistic they've become. I miss Rich and OnTheSpot.

Rhapsody

Banned
Its my BIRTHDAY, because of that, I give this to myself:
FHYsF1o.png
FHYsF1o.png
FHYsF1o.png
FHYsF1o.png
Happy birthday!

I haven't tried 8 player Smash. I can see myself not liking it if it's on a gigantic stage though with too many stocks.

Then that's just boring.

petghost

Banned
I think I'm done with xrd for now...it's a good game but +r is still fucking rad. Having more fun playing and watching that atm.

Goin in on vsav tho trying to learn not to suck...y'all got pushblock advice?

I maintain that 8 player Smash is not really fun. Takes all the intimacy out of it. It's like when FPS games go for super high player counts to woo in casuals and the gameplay breaks down.
True that, but it depends on the specifics. Using Battlefield as an example, Rush64 is a gigantic clusterfuck because you have so many people piling on 1-2 points, but in Conquest64 you have 5-7 control points spread out across a large map so you have engaging firefights (depending on the map) going on no matter where you are. Maybe 4v4 would be interesting but I'm not sure I can get enough interest to try again after that sour first taste.

Rhapsody

Banned
I think I'm done with xrd for now...it's a good game but +r is still fucking rad. Having more fun playing and watching that atm.

I'm actually willing to play both +R and Xrd at this point (which is what I've been doing).

It's hilarious going back and forth between the two Potemkins. It's night and day.

Onemic

I would have been on +r a long time ago if it had decent online :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
True that, but it depends on the specifics. Using Battlefield as an example, Rush64 is a gigantic clusterfuck because you have so many people piling on 1-2 points, but in Conquest64 you have 5-7 control points spread out across a large map so you have engaging firefights (depending on the map) going on no matter where you are. Maybe 4v4 would be interesting but I'm not sure I can get enough interest to try again after that sour first taste.
This is true. Battlefield's map design better facilitates higher player counts too, and it's primarily made to accomodate that from the jump. It works in reverse too; Battlefield doesn't scale down as well because of that map design.

Beats

I thought I would dislike 8 player Smash, but I played some for a couple of hours on Christmas and it was very enjoyable. But characters can get really small on the two big maps and you can't pick that many stages. :x

4v4 or 2v2v2v2 is a ton of fun too. I felt like I needed a larger television at the end of it though heh.

xezuru

8 Smash is pretty dope, my only problem with it is that it feels like such a randomly thrown in addition where its only like big battlefield that utilizes it.

Anth0ny

8 Smash is pretty dope, my only problem with it is that it feels like such a randomly thrown in addition where its only like big battlefield that utilizes it.

Despite what the fanboys may tell you, I think a lot of the stuff Sakurai throws into Smash, particularly Brawl and Smash 4, are not all that well thought out.

bloat for the sake of bloat. single player modes since melee have been atrocious. the weird new multiplayer modes all mostly suck.

My friend likes to roll his fingers from light to heavy then back to push block. Who you playing in vsav

Azure J

Top Bottom