• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 17-23 | United, Divided, Anime

.la1n

Have you ever played on 360 before? It can be tough to notice a problem if you can't compare it to anything. A friend of mine used to play only on PS3 but he noticed a difference after playing a set on 360.

I went from playing 360 to PS3 after a RROD and SF IV has never been the same. UMvC3 online is garbage on both though but it seemed less garbage on 360.

SFxT is night and day. PS3 gives me headaches.

Have you ever played on 360 before? It can be tough to notice a problem if you can't compare it to anything. A friend of mine used to play only on PS3 but he noticed a difference after playing a set on 360.

i'm not sure if its placebo or not, but i "felt" as if I was slightly slower on the xbox.

That was amazing episode of excellent adventures. Playing a ryu like that when you are sim is probably the most street fighter you can get at least for me. A ryu can mental break a sim with half screen dp or hurricane kicks but a sim can grind the game down to agonizing 99 game seconds. A ryu has to go stupid while a sim has to keep it together.

Shouta

Am I the only man to never really have a problem with PSN on PS3? Constant smooth sailing with 4 bar matches in multiple games with the occasional 3bar. Marvel PS3 online and offline is trash tho

I have no problems with PSN generally. Only problem would be with Capcom games that are garbage because they couldn't take the time to do it properly. It's great for every game other than Capcom related stuff. Got a common denominator there, lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I haveo problems with PSN generally. Only problem would be with Capcom games that are garbage because they couldn't take the time to do it properly. It's great for every game other than Capcom related stuff. Got a common denominator there, lol.
Capcom too busy with it's own teams competing between each other to compete with others amirite

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's my opinion of fighting games. The two Capcom games are trash on PS3, and PSN having a bigger userbase of wireless players augments the horrible input lag. Other fighting games I vastly prefer playing/streaming on PSN like HD Remix, Tag 2, Blazblue, and many others.

alstein

That's my opinion of fighting games. The two Capcom games are trash on PS3, and PSN having a bigger userbase of wireless players augments the horrible input lag. Other fighting games I vastly prefer playing/streaming on PSN like HD Remix, Tag 2, Blazblue, and many others.

HD Remix was another of those games that was inferior on PS3 though.

Coda

This is one of the best episodes they've ever done

Haha!

23031053.jpg

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.

Actually owned a 360 till it RROD'd in like 2010 but was still able to use a 360 because my friend lives next door. Other than marvel which is just absolute garbo and the SSF4 ps3 1-2 more input lag than 360 I never had that much of a prob besides weired 1 second freezes here and there. Never got to properly experience SFXT online though after the disc "accidentally" broke though. Fuck that game.

Anne

Drove up to Cincinnati to visit Arcade Legacy for BADC today. Was fun, didn't enter a lot of anime games cause still meh about them, but they had Project Justice up on a cab so that was neat. I still play that game on a weekly basis, fun stuff.

Drove up to Cincinnati to visit Arcade Legacy for BADC today. Was fun, didn't enter a lot of anime games cause still meh about them, but they had Project Justice up on a cab so that was neat. I still play that game on a weekly basis, fun stuff.

ah nice. I live near arcade legacy. Jessie (the guy who runs it is pretty cool). I'm assuming JetM was there, wrecking ppl in all the anime games. I haven't been to AL in a bit b/c of school but i'm trying to make time to go down there for casuals

Anne

ah nice. I live near arcade legacy. Jessie (the guy who runs it is pretty cool). I'm assuming JetM was there, wrecking ppl in all the anime games. I haven't been to AL in a bit b/c of school but i'm trying to make time to go down there for casuals

Yeah, JetM is always there. I wish we played more games in common, I've only ever played him once in tournament, and that was P4U where I play seriously and he doesn't :/ I'm pretty sure he got top 8 in BB using Koko.

Yeah, JetM is always there. I wish we played more games in common, I've only ever played him once in tournament, and that was P4U where I play seriously and he doesn't :/ I'm pretty sure he got top 8 in BB using Koko.

he's probly the best unknown player in the midwest b/c he doesn't really go out. He is really good at all anime games and others as well. He uses Jin as well in BB, only breaks at kokonoe when he needs to I think

Anne

he's probly the best unknown player in the midwest b/c he doesn't really go out. He is really good at all anime games and others as well. He uses Jin as well in BB, only breaks at kokonoe when he needs to I think

I'm pretty sure he just picks Koko to scumbag, same way he picks Chie in P4U. He'd be really good, but he doesn't seem to take things super seriously, and when he runs into players with real game knowledge and fundamentals he usually gets blown up. Nice guy, love talking to him, he just has Midwest syndrome really bad.

I'm pretty sure he just picks Koko to scumbag, same way he picks Chie in P4U. He'd be really good, but he doesn't seem to take things super seriously, and when he runs into players with real game knowledge and fundamentals he usually gets blown up. Nice guy, love talking to him, he just has Midwest syndrome really bad.

hmmm, I haven't really seen much of him during tourney play so I can't really comment on this, but I will say that he does just play for fun really

Anne

What does this mean? I'm curious, as a Midwest player - it's the first time I'd heard the term.

Meh, it's not a term, just having been around the Midwest anime scene a lot I see this happen over and over again. They get relatively decent players who get to the top of their local scenes, but don't get to travel and be competitive so they just stop taking things seriously and stagnate, then the attitude spreads from there. Just kinda happens, mostly cause of how spread out everything is and how there aren't big tournaments regionally outside of UFGT people from other regions will pop up at.

Edit: It's not like the end of the world or anything, and the Midwest has some good players, just new talent tends to not go places and when they end up against stronger talent from more focused regions they get bodied. Outside of older GG players and a couple of exceptions this tends to be the case. Some people are at least working on getting things better though, the scene has been really stagnate and underdeveloped in general for awhile.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Saw Ultra David in bifu's stream watching BB today :D. David if you like how Hazama looks you should go for him. He's one of those characters that looks A LOT more complex than they really are. His input requirements are actually pretty easy too.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Saw Ultra David in bifu's stream watching BB today :D. David if you like how Hazama looks you should go for him. He's one of those characters that looks A LOT more complex than they really are. His input requirements are actually pretty easy too.
All you need is D whenever, mash C in air, and Houtenjin.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Instant overhead X Factor cancel. Wow what a genius discovering all that Wolvie tech.
I mean, he's not that bad because he has good fundamentals, but he's clearly also a whiny, excuse-making, top-tier riding player who rides off of those fundamentals and doesn't care to learn the game. I don't see him ever putting in enough time to the point where he doesn't get bopped by people who know the game.

Uraizen

Banned
All you need is D whenever, mash C in air, and Houtenjin.

That died after BBCS! After that is became about his stupid TK loop in CS2/CSEX. The timing is weird on his j.C loops in BBCP. Not saying it's hard, just weird how you have to delay at certain points during it. God knows what he'll have in BBCP2. Hazama always seems to find a way to be good.

Top Bottom