• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Feb 24 - Mar 2 | Play Seriously

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Traveling for SCR? Wanna save some cash money off your expenses and help a gaffer out? I need a place to stay Thursday night, don't smell and am 100% not crazy. halp!

Rhapsody

Banned
Watching more Mikado matches. Eddie looks scary as usual in this game.

Also the unblockable setup's so easy after dust now lol

mbpm1

Also been a bit less interested in watching AE. Playing it is still fun though. Watching dieminion triumph over divekicks was also cool.

Speaking of AE, I think ESGN Season 2 is starting today. The youtube channel is doing that indicator that there will be a stream later.

Coda

Also been a bit less interested in watching AE. Playing it is still fun though. Watching dieminion triumph over divekicks was also cool.

Speaking of AE, I think ESGN Season 2 is starting today. The youtube channel is doing that indicator that there will be a stream later.

Yeah I think Ultra will breathe some new life in the game but honestly Capcom we need a new fighting game. I really wonder how long it will be until we see one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
STREAM 1 – MAIN STAGE
http://www.dailymotion.com/MTevents
http://www.twitch.tv/yamato_fr

STREAM 2 – GWAK LIVE SHOW STAGE
http://www.twitch.tv/swga_maho

No Armshouse, am cry. I expect they'll be back for Dreamhack Summer. :)

Also announced today - the latest Naruto game is the secret tournament. So we have a Naruto and JJBA game as "main" games at IVGC.

ANIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Thanks, will update OP sometime soon.

I think that entirely depends on what you actually appreciate in high level fighting game play.
Mind games mostly. Execution is expected from mid level upwards IMO but people still manage to drop stuff at any level. Drops/momentum shifts actually help keep things exciting by giving the loser a chance, and even add when things are so high tension and you have good players making smart reads but also fumbling because even they feel the heat and it adds to the atmosphere.

It also varies heavily by game too. Marvel is fun to watch at mid level and even some lower levels because of team combinations and what crazy stuff people have come up with to suit them and their team, and at the highest levels can be better than AE even if the storylines are good. While in Melee I find execution and dexterity more entertaining.

Omega

Banned

nice. I completely forgot

The Light

Winter Brawl continued the streak of hype IGAU majors. Everything is so different now KDZ's Superman is getting cheered.

SCR pools need to come out ASAP so I can start obsessing over mine and doing last minute prep.
You're going to SCR!? Will be waiting for the glorious pop off!

Dahbomb

Note, tonight's Fight Night Street Fighter match is Infiltration vs. Sanford, starting in about eight minutes:

http://www.twitch.tv/esgn_tv
ESGN WHEEL SPOILERS!!!!!

Yeah, it was posted in last week's thread. Looks like we may have to wait until EVO. :(
Meh... at EVO it won't be featured at the main stage like it would've been at ECT.

Although if it does end up being a main stage EVO exhibition match then I am booking a flight to Vegas and taking a leave from my job.

casperOne

ESGN WHEEL SPOILERS!!!!!

It was from the Twitter feed of one of their employees:

Meh... at EVO it won't be featured at the main stage like it would've been at ECT.

FWIW, I wanted to see that happen at ECT very badly, and worked to try and make that happen.

Although if it does end up being a main stage EVO exhibition match then I am booking a flight to Vegas and taking a leave from my job.

Do you think that this is something worthy of an exhibition set at Evo?

Dahbomb

Do you think that this is something worthy of an exhibition set at Evo?
Hell yes... I mean they did do the Sanford vs Duc match at EVO main stage and that was amazing.

This is a set of international pride on the line. If the money is big then it definitely deserves to be up there.

Top Bottom